Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White AC box under radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 02:06 PM
05touring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White AC box under radio

I unscrewed that white box to remove the center console. Putting everything back together now and cannot get that thing to go in right... any tricks to lining it up? it's in a tight spot which doesnt help and everytime i start to screw it in it feels like it's cross threading

Also the white box doesn't seem to sit in its hole comfortably.. have to put pressure on it to make it line up (guessing thats just because of all the wires back there).
Old 05-07-2011, 03:42 PM
L33TZOR

tuck the wiring a little neater ?? I've fit an aftermarket and a satelittle radio plus I modified my Center Console for an 8.4 touchscreen and Lit up GPS Antenna. You gotta be able to fit it all back.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:47 PM
calin
Banned

I had that exact same problem before when I took my dash apart and tried to put it back together. Since I haven't had my Z for a few months now, I forgot what the trick to getting that white box back in was. But basically you just have to make sure that white box fits nice and snug before even attempting to put the head unit back in.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:11 PM
drivessidewayz

It's entirely about how you run your wires behind it. When I had my D3, PS2, and system in the car I remember it being a total PITA to get that thing back in. In fact I had a company in there for some reason and they only put one of the two screws back in when i was consistently able to get both in (had it apart many times to access wiring). Since swapping to a simple single-din h/u only wired to door speakers with no amp it's significantly easier to deal with everything in there.