Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What lip kit is this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 05:30 AM
themadhatterxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
He has a point... I have/had a TS, Chargespeed, and a VSV1x2 and I've scraped/cracked all but the VSV1. I have a knock off of a Do Luck b/c it's no longer made, so are you going to tell me my set up is crap?
Well maybe that's a little different because the authentic Do-Luck is not available at this point as long as u don't go around telling people it's authentic...but lets just flood the market with replicas of EVERYTHING so the real innovators/designers get nothing and go bankrupt.

It's ok to have a replica bodykit but not ok to have replica wheels...howcome the same rules don't apply for wheels?

(I have SF-Winnings, authentic Chargespeed rear, authentic JP Visage sides and Shine Auto front bumper so I'm half-trolling)
Old 06-15-2011, 06:08 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
Well maybe that's a little different because the authentic Do-Luck is not available at this point as long as u don't go around telling people it's authentic...but lets just flood the market with replicas of EVERYTHING so the real innovators/designers get nothing and go bankrupt.

It's ok to have a replica bodykit but not ok to have replica wheels...howcome the same rules don't apply for wheels?

(I have SF-Winnings, authentic Chargespeed rear, authentic JP Visage sides and Shine Auto front bumper so I'm half-trolling)
LOL.. I have Chargespeed sides, Chargespeed mirrors, V3 Spoiler, 1st Moulding diffuser and a Strafe Do luck rep. So my exterior pieces all together would buy my TE's but it takes a lot less punishment then the TE's too. I literally had my Chargespeed front lip on for 3 days before I had to avoid what looked to be a box in the road and ended up cracking the lip on uneven pavement. Some idiot can come and kick your front lip off(seen it happen) so I would completely understand why some people get reps for daily drivers. I don't like getting reps personally but it's hard to knock on some people especially when they may have a lot of authentic parts.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:12 AM
SV1098

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To each is own. Most buy the knock off itmes to save $$, some of us wouldn't dare buy a replica part. Im the later..
I prefer to save my $$ if need be and buy one authentic part.
As far as scrapping goes: I hav to be the only person who installs coilovers to raide my car! Bring your lowered cars to NYC and see how long a front li will last! I constantly massage my front lip to make it look mint. Plenty of places I just cant get into due to my car being to low!
Authentic vs replica. Great thread..
So many of these knock off companies are destroying the Authentic Manufacturer! Parts from Japan seem to get harder to get, more expensive, or the companies have folded.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:13 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 i don't support knock off companies either. i buy as much authentic as possible so i don't have to lie to people. Novesh is from jersey i see, roads are sh*t. if it were me i would invest in air ride suspension so i don't scrape authentic jdm parts. but i usually raise my coils whenever i know i have to drive into NY for example.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:23 AM
SV1098

Originally Posted by BoomerZ33
+1 i don't support knock off companies either. i buy as much authentic as possible so i don't have to lie to people. Novesh is from jersey i see, roads are sh*t. if it were me i would invest in air ride suspension so i don't scrape authentic jdm parts. but i usually raise my coils whenever i know i have to drive into NY for example.
I believe Top Secret makes a system that is similar to airbags that mount on top of the coil over to give you height adjustment on the fly. It's about 5k for the full kit unless they went out of business. Maybe someone copied this already??
Old 06-15-2011, 06:29 AM
themadhatterxxx

You're right, (but your bumper is ViS not Strafe)... I destroyed my front diffuser 3 different times before I learned how to not drive like a maniac. But if I was to change bodykits I would not even consider buying replicas just for the principal behind it and the fact that I'd rather pay the premium up front as opposed to having to fork over the cash to a bodyshop to fix a hit or miss on fitment piece of fiberglass.

Anyway I hope that piece NEVER gets replica'd it looks too damn good on that car to be another cheapo casualty and I'm sure he paid top dollar to have a unique look. And I'm sure Leemik's proud when people ask him and he tells them it's an authentic Top Secret. Exclusivity

Last edited by themadhatterxxx; 06-15-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:31 AM
SV1098

I can barely put my shoe under the front or side of may car. In NYC pot holes swallow cars whole!
Attached Thumbnails What lip kit is this?-dsc00637.jpg  
Old 06-15-2011, 06:34 AM
SV1098

You're right, (but your bumper is ViS not Strafe)... I destroyed my front diffuser 3 different times before I learned how to not drive like a maniac. But if I was to change bodykits I would not even consider buying replicas just for the principal behind it and the fact that I'd rather pay the premium up front as opposed to having to fork over the cash to a bodyshop to fix a hit or miss on fitment piece of fiberglass.

Anyway I hope that piece NEVER gets replica'd it looks too damn good on that car to be another cheapo casualty. And I'm sure Leemik's proud when people ask him and he tells them it's an authentic Top Secret. Exclusivity
Bumper? Everything on my car was baught directly from Chargespeed. I wouldnt buy anyting from VIS.. How many of us have the metal Chargespeed badge on there rear bumper?
Old 06-15-2011, 06:37 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice SV1098. amuse exhaust?

Last edited by BoomerZ33; 06-15-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:39 AM
SV1098

HKS--just sold it though.
I'm running a custom 3" exhaust all the way to the turbos now
Old 06-15-2011, 06:40 AM
themadhatterxxx

Originally Posted by SV1098
Bumper? Everything on my car was baught directly from Chargespeed. I wouldnt buy anyting from VIS.. How many of us have the metal Chargespeed badge on there rear bumper?
I was talking to Flo-Rida...I'm totally debadged but I know what u mean...I'm gonna steal your bottomline sides tho.. =P carbon fiber?
Old 06-15-2011, 06:41 AM
SV1098

I have to save my pennies for this
Top Secret CF hood
Attached Thumbnails What lip kit is this?-ntnsracing_2153_28565822.jpg  
Old 06-15-2011, 06:46 AM
SV1098

I was talking to Flo-Rida...I'm totally debadged but I know what u mean...I'm gonna steal your bottomline sides tho.. =P carbon fiber?
Yup! I have to take off my sideskirts anytime I bring my car into the shop.

I used to live in Miami. If I was still there, my car would be SLAMMED! Only obstacle there are railroad crossings, gas stations and speed bumps!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Z_HighSpeed

lol @ people hating on replica parts.

Gtfo.

Where I live/work my car gets messed often. Why would I spend $1000 on a part that is most likely to get destroyed. Talk about complete stupidity.

If I lived in an area where my car didn't get messed up in I would happily spend the money on something nice. But only having it one way or the other, in terms of replica parts, seriously get over yourself and gtfo.

Also the bit about what I do for work shows what type of person you are.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:30 AM
SV1098

Originally Posted by Novesh
lol @ people hating on replica parts.

Gtfo.

Where I live/work my car gets messed often. Why would I spend $1000 on a part that is most likely to get destroyed. Talk about complete stupidity.

If I lived in an area where my car didn't get messed up in I would happily spend the money on something nice. But only having it one way or the other, in terms of replica parts, seriously get over yourself and gtfo.

Also the bit about what I do for work shows what type of person you are.
How about the overall quality is no where close to an Authentic part.
Like I said--To each is own.
Lets save your foolish comments ..You need this part--GTFO?
Not one person has bashed anyone on here, till you put your half a cent in
Old 06-15-2011, 10:56 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

meh.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Z_HighSpeed

How about the overall quality is no where close to an Authentic part.
Like I said--To each is own.
Lets save your foolish comments ..You need this part--GTFO?
Not one person has bashed anyone on here, till you put your half a cent in
Get it right, I put my cent in, as did you and other, except others bashed on me...one specifically stated my profession, as if that has anything to do with my comments on this matter.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:12 AM
SV1098

Originally Posted by Novesh
Get it right, I put my cent in, as did you and other, except others bashed on me...one specifically stated my profession, as if that has anything to do with my comments on this matter.
Get it straight? Oh boy an E-Thug! I stuck to the topic somewhat, and have no reason to bash anyone. Try and have something intelligent to add.
I can definately see why you got bashed! Now you can reply with a witty remark..
Old 06-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Get it straight? Oh boy an E-Thug! I stuck to the topic somewhat, and have no reason to bash anyone. Try and have something intelligent to add.
I can definately see why you got bashed! Now you can reply with a witty remark..
Ohh god forbid I stand up for myself, I'm an ethug now, good job there.

Apparently the only thing that happened here is that someone posted something, I responded, I got bashed for my response simply because of my profession, then when I responded everyone decides to get their panties in a tizzy and bash me for responding in the first place.

Last edited by Z_HighSpeed; 06-15-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:35 AM
themadhatterxxx

...I wasn't bashing you... I merely stated the hypocrisy/irony between the practices of your profession in busting replica dvd sales, replica handbag/merchandise sales and your desire for replica car parts. I'm very sorry if this was offensive.

Everyone please relax...or else he'll get the mods to lock this thread.