Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my work in progress. what you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:10 AM
kham25

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hell ill say it, i like the wheels looks good to me.. Red seats looks sweet..
Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Found my new seat choice. OEM red... Love it. Car looks great overall. Rims are not bad at all. But they dont have the beloved V-O-L-K on the spoke

Very nice start!

Chris(goes to leatherseats.com to price out the seats )
Old 09-06-2011, 08:23 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Car looks great. Love the seats!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:18 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 411 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain858
No need. I was just curious. I had mine done at leatherseats.com they fit great!
as did mine.. i tried to explain this to others before.. some ppl seem to think that ebay/wrinkled pillowcase look is cool.. dunno man.

leatherseats.com ftw.. i used thier topgrain extacy product.. looks like any kit they do fits pretty good tho.

Last edited by bmccann101; 09-06-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:26 AM
nick350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice car love those headlights did it kill light output for night driving?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Gumby Gone Wild

Surprising nobodys mentioned this yet but, have you thought about taking that rear wiper off? It looks so much cleaner without it IMO. And to echo most others, not feeling the wheels or the tails/signal tint, but the seats look great!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Czarrr

Originally Posted by Gumby Gone Wild
Surprising nobodys mentioned this yet but, have you thought about taking that rear wiper off? It looks so much cleaner without it IMO. And to echo most others, not feeling the wheels or the tails/signal tint, but the seats look great!
Another thing i've always wanted to do.
But it rains 300 days a year here in Seattle
I'll train myself this year to make sure I don't need the rear wipers.

Originally Posted by nick350
I would also like so know this.
I've always wanted to blacken out my 03-05 lights.
But now that I have my CF hood back on, I think the lights would look 'too much'.

here you go bro! like i said i got it done at leatherseats.com, it fit great! not loose or saggy at all...very tight like prom night!

Damn the seats look spot on!
*Opens new tab for leatherseats.com*
Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 PM
cgkp0925

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mind the wheels. Could be worse.

The seats definitely give the Z a nice accent color. Might have to consider getting burnt orange into my chrome silver someday.

+1 on the photography . those seats pop on the monitor.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:50 PM
STL 350Z

Originally Posted by EmpireDude
love the red seats
If I were you and paid good money to have leather seat covers installed I would be pissed if they came out looking like a lazy boy recliner. There's no way I would be happy with the way those look and I don't see how they would have tightened up with all that extra material.

OP your seats however look fantastic!!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:12 PM
atrain858

it seems like everyone likes my seats. i'll hit up the dealer and see if he can work something out for everyone on my350z.com keep in mind you guys, the will frabricate it for you and send it in the mail. you guys will have to put them on yourself. and their web site have instructions specificaly for 350z. just need to be patient and dont forget to order the hog rings if you guys do decide to order from them.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:55 PM
atrain858

Originally Posted by nick350
to be honest with you i really didnt pay attention. umm after i painted it, i change out my bulds to 12000k. and they look bright to me. stock HID that is and the low beams are projectors anyways. but it did kill the output for the high beams though. it dont really bother me at all cause i dont use them what so ever but i am gonna change them to HID just because i want to. hope this helps you decided whether or not to black yours completely out or not.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:22 PM
EmpireDude
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by STL 350Z
If I were you and paid good money to have leather seat covers installed I would be pissed if they came out looking like a lazy boy recliner. There's no way I would be happy with the way those look and I don't see how they would have tightened up with all that extra material.

OP your seats however look fantastic!!!!
$200, installed them myself. Not too butt hurt.
it seems like everyone likes my seats. i'll hit up the dealer and see if he can work something out for everyone on my350z.com keep in mind you guys, the will frabricate it for you and send it in the mail. you guys will have to put them on yourself. and their web site have instructions specificaly for 350z. just need to be patient and dont forget to order the hog rings if you guys do decide to order from them.
I also used hog rings, but have seen people suggest that instead of hog rings people should use zip ties. they are easy to remove later on, and easier to apply than the hog rings (and do not require hog rings pliers). Just a thought!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:32 PM
atrain858

Originally Posted by EmpireDude
I also used hog rings, but have seen people suggest that instead of hog rings people should use zip ties. they are easy to remove later on, and easier to apply than the hog rings (and do not require hog rings pliers). Just a thought!
that is a good thought. Sure wished I thought of using zip ties instead of hog ring. I surely would've saved me a bunch of time and would be 100 times easier. Good thinking empiredude!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:36 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

seats look awesome. so is leatherseats.com based out near your area or something..since you said they did the install?

keep up the good work.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:44 PM
atrain858

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
seats look awesome. so is leatherseats.com based out near your area or something..since you said they did the install?

keep up the good work.
No I did the install myself. They are based out of Oklahoma. I ordered the and it took about 20 days for them to fabricate and shipped out to me depending on the leather. They will also send you samples of the leather and color of your choosing. They ain't really cheap though. I think I paid almost 600 or around that after shipping cost but well worth it cause you get to customize your color and type of leather and how it's made yourself. Trust me after you get them on you will be satisfied and your whip will be smelling like brand new leather again!

Last edited by atrain858; 09-06-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:03 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No I did the install myself. They are based out of Oklahoma. I ordered the and it took about 20 days for them to fabricate and shipped out to me depending on the leather. They will also send you samples of the leather and color of your choosing. They ain't really cheap though. I think I paid almost 600 or around that after shipping cost but well worth it cause you get to customize your color and type of leather and how it's made yourself. Trust me after you get them on you will be satisfied and your whip will be smelling like brand new leather again!
thanks for the reply. you did a good job. almost all wrinkles are gone. i might have to do this. What would you rate the install difficulty from 1-10?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 PM
atrain858

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
thanks for the reply. you did a good job. almost all wrinkles are gone. i might have to do this. What would you rate the install difficulty from 1-10?
I say a between maybe a 6. Well it really was not hard at all for me. The first seat took the longest cause I was trying to figure out what I was doing but I found that if u take the foam padding off the seat bracket, it is a lot easier and if u use zip ties like empiredude suggested, the process will go by a lot quicker. The only part that scared me is the fact that I have to cut a slits for the head rest post and the recliner **** on the back of the passenger seat. I just made small cuts at a time till they were just right and to ensure they were not too big. As long as u follow their instruction on their website and patient and not rush thing through, u are golden! U can also hit me up here if u need any help if u choose to order some!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:19 AM
mike_eee

love op's headlights...but is it legal to black them out in CA ....looks like there is no reflecting material on them..please advice

Mike

this is what i have done so far. let me know what you guys think with comments and stuff. i know i need some sideskirts so dont hit me to hard on it! im in the market for one if someone got one for sale though!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:04 PM
atrain858

Originally Posted by mike_eee
love op's headlights...but is it legal to black them out in CA ....looks like there is no reflecting material on them..please advice

Mike
Well the projector lens on mine are reflective. I mean you can see it reflect every time light hits it. I'm from California and planning to move back there as soon as I get orders to San Diego. I plan on leaving it the way it is legal or not. Haha really don't care
Old 09-08-2011, 11:13 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Looked up what you have and it came to $680?? Sound right?

I can't get over these seats. I love it. Again Very nice work!

Chris

Quick Reply: my work in progress. what you guys think?