Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N2 Kit On AndysAutoSport?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Gozirra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N2 Kit On AndysAutoSport?

Hey all, so whats up with this Duraflex thing?? Commercials of it being extremely flexible and durable? Marketing gimmicks or serious business?

I love the V2 kit but theres no way Id be able to afford the real deal. So I started looking for a replica. (Wanted a Kenstyle replica but sadly no such thing, what a beautiful kit though).
Heres what I found:

http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan...r00230672.html

Too good to be true? Seems like, and if it seems like then it probably is.

But andys does great business from what ive read? So what do you guys think?

I know theres another replica site (SHine?) where I can get just the front bumper for the same price as this entire kit and it'd have much better quality and fit, but would a N2 bumper fit well with an 03 Tourings sideskirts and rear bumper?

Lemme know!

Thx in advance!

Last edited by Gozirra; 09-20-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Tougelabs

The Duraflex that is sold is much more pliable then regular fiberglass but nothing compared to how they show it in the misc marketing videos.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Gozirra

Ah thanks, will keep that in mind

Anyone have any opinions of the kit itself, fitment, paint, or experiences with andys auto? this forum seem to have mixed views on it
Old 09-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Czarrr

I have yet to see someone use the Duraflex brand / material.
Shine is a great vendor on here.
Heard many good things about them on their quality and fitment.
Kind of expensive, but worth it.
I personally have the V2 kit from Strafe Automotive.
Happy with the fitment and product.
Only 500$ shipped to my door.

Andysautosport has outrageous shipping.
Screw that.
I ordered my hood from them a long time ago.
Before I found the glory of Private and Vendor Classifieds.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Gozirra

ahh jeez i forgot to check their shipment costs. you said 500 for a full kit? how much of a pain in the *** was it to install the kit? what material is it made of?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 PM
atrain858

I have the V2 replica from duraflex and the fitment is great for the front end. But I wish I can say the same to their rear add ons and their side skirts. They didn't come even close to fitting for me. I made the rear add ons work. Just need minor adjustment to them but I am still in search for some side skirts.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:22 PM
350Zdj

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain858
I have the V2 replica from duraflex and the fitment is great for the front end. But I wish I can say the same to their rear add ons and their side skirts. They didn't come even close to fitting for me. I made the rear add ons work. Just need minor adjustment to them but I am still in search for some side skirts.
ah this is good to hear.

I'm waiting for my front V2's from them too! Can't wait!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Czarrr

Originally Posted by LKZProf
ahh jeez i forgot to check their shipment costs. you said 500 for a full kit? how much of a pain in the *** was it to install the kit? what material is it made of?
I had very little to no problems at all with the install of my V2 kit from Strafe.
My dad and I are not mechanically inclined whatsoever.
Turned out just fine even for the kit being fiberglass
Old 09-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Gozirra

Originally Posted by atrain858
Do you mean from Extreme Dimensions? idk if they are the only ones who use the name duraflex for their poly urethane. What website did you order the front bumper from? Do you think the front bumper would go wel by iteself without the rear addons and sides?

And I'm pretty scared to get fiberglass because its so fragile... if anyone bumps into me thats cracks and fractures... eughhh

Thanks for the replies everyone
Old 09-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Doh-Joe

Anyone have any opinions of the kit itself, fitment, paint, or experiences with andys auto? this forum seem to have mixed views on it
I'm never going to buy anything else from them. I bought smoked tail light cover way back when I had my first car. Price for part and shipping was reasonable but it took me a month just to get it. And their customer service wasn't that great neither. Just trying to get in touch with someone to inquire about my order over the phone was difficult. I would just save up and get the kit from Shine Auto. You know what they say. "You get what you pay for."
Old 09-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

$498.30 Shipped for the COMPLETE KIT to a Commercial Address in KS. + $29 to a Residence. PM if you are interested!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:17 AM
STL 350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben at auto design will take care of you. I got a great deal on my VIS V2.

Vendor section
Old 09-30-2011, 07:43 AM
X-Out

I have the bumper sitting in my garage, but unfortunately I won't have time to get it on and painted until around Thanksgiving this year. I ordered through AAS along with some other parts, and a $1300 order became a $1700 order after shipping, and took about 4 weeks to get here, due to a back order on my hood from ED.

I've read pretty awful things about AAS and don't think I'll be doing business with them anymore. What you should do is use them as a catalog since their website is extremely organized, and then go directly to the manufacturer's website and order through them. The kit directly from ED would have probably cost quite a bit less, especially on shipping (see above post by extreme dimensions).

Sorry I can't be more helpful as far as fitment goes, but I will have the bumper installed in a few months if you haven't yet made your order.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:45 AM
BAUSauto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hey all, so whats up with this Duraflex thing?? Commercials of it being extremely flexible and durable? Marketing gimmicks or serious business?

I love the V2 kit but theres no way Id be able to afford the real deal. So I started looking for a replica. (Wanted a Kenstyle replica but sadly no such thing, what a beautiful kit though).
Heres what I found:

http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan...r00230672.html

Too good to be true? Seems like, and if it seems like then it probably is.

But andys does great business from what ive read? So what do you guys think?

I know theres another replica site (SHine?) where I can get just the front bumper for the same price as this entire kit and it'd have much better quality and fit, but would a N2 bumper fit well with an 03 Tourings sideskirts and rear bumper?

Lemme know!

Thx in advance!

Hey there!

I can answer anything you need, just post up your questions here or you can personally PM me..

I currently have in work a Kenstyle Rear, but I am trying to find a local, socal Z to test it on. But let me know if you need anything!

Also thanks STL for the comment
Old 10-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Gozirra

I cant find a place around me that will paint a kit for a decent price, and no one sells prepainted kits haha
Old 10-03-2011, 10:56 PM
BAUSauto
Vendor - Former Vendor

I cant find a place around me that will paint a kit for a decent price, and no one sells prepainted kits haha
Only if you were in Socal I could help you out with that!

No one wants to sell a painted kit because each kit still needs to be slightly modified specifically for your car. As well as the hassles of the possibility of something happening to the paint as it's being shipped.

one day though one day!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Itzcashew

Just to advise you. DONT BUY FROM ANDY AUTO!!!!

Those guys are scammers! I ordered a set of Bride seat brackets and they sent me some knock offs from China. To boot they only sent me one set but they had "a pair" posted on their site.

On contacting them they keep dodging my email and told me to hold on for a prepaid box to send them back. It's been 2 months. I paid full price and they are being d*cks about it. I will suggest people to boycott them.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:19 PM
BAUSauto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Itzcashew
Just to advise you. DONT BUY FROM ANDY AUTO!!!!

Those guys are scammers! I ordered a set of Bride seat brackets and they sent me some knock offs from China. To boot they only sent me one set but they had "a pair" posted on their site.

On contacting them they keep dodging my email and told me to hold on for a prepaid box to send them back. It's been 2 months. I paid full price and they are being d*cks about it. I will suggest people to boycott them.
Damn =\