Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Place to buy pre-painted exterior lips/kits?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:06 AM
Liquidice944

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Place to buy pre-painted exterior lips/kits?

Hey guys,
Just was wondering if anyone knew of a reputable site that sold pre-painted lips, body kits or spoilers for the 350z. If anyone can even give me some good information on if this is a viable idea, id appreciate it. I didn't know if some colors be matched fairly close or if the only real option is to take it somewhere to get it painted upon arrival.
Thank you.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:16 AM
dj lizard

will the only real option you have is buying a CF lip/body kits. even if a shop could sell you painted part it's almost impossible to match the paint of your car due to the fast that paint changes tons in aging. in my opinion either go with CF kits or go through the hassle of filling, priming, and paint. plus blinding your other near panels to perfectly match the paint.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:32 AM
Liquidice944

Ok cool,
Thanks for your help and time DJ i appreciate it. I have an 04 Daytona Blue Z so i think i may look into a CF kit.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Liquidice944

Hey DJ,
I didn't see much on the CF. Since my car is Daytona, could i purchase a lip kit and just leave it the stock black that it comes? I figure the black and blue looks good. However would that still require me to get the lip kit actually painted black?
Old 12-15-2011, 02:59 AM
dj lizard

will if that's thee case then plasti dip would be the cheapest option. by the way I know that there are a lot of lip kits to chose from that are in CF "VS style/CW style/TS style" front lip kits.
just keep looking in the marketplace area for the one you like.
"NEVER EVER BUY EBAY LIP KITS" you will end up throwing them in the trash.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:22 AM
NJVinny350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly your best bet it just to keep you eyes open in the classified section.

Other members might be selling aftermarket bumpers/lips that are already painted to the color of your car.

It's your car and your choice, but honestly, just save up for a quality aftermarket front bumper and save for a quality paint job. Unpainted just looks cheap and unfinished.

I look at it as, this:

vs.

This.

Save up, check the classifieds daily and do it right.

Just my
Old 12-15-2011, 03:48 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

BoomerZ33's set up is all authentic and though I see what your getting at shouldn't really be compared. OP there are many options for your particular front end, contact the forum Vendors here and they'll point you in the right direction. The Evo-R lip is probably the best for the money but you will have to wait. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:55 AM
NJVinny350z

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
BoomerZ33's set up is all authentic and though I see what your getting at shouldn't really be compared.
Sorry, I just have a soft spot for steve's car.

+1 on the Evo-R lip.
  • Check the vendor classifieds
  • Check the private classifieds
  • Stay away from ebay lips and plasti-dip.

Last edited by NJVinny350z; 12-15-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:37 AM
Liquidice944

Thanks for the help and idea's guys. The evo lip is sick. I posted a picture of what im working with. Nothing special obviously, just an 04 touring automatic with 80k. My overall goal was just to add something to make it look alittle nicer on the exterior without spending $1000. I don't want to go cheap i just want to start reasonable with something around a few hundred. I was thinking of starting off with a front-lip or a spoiler. Is the Nismo V2 spoiler ricer? I just feel like most of the others are so subtle. I just didn't know if that would look good with the rest of the car being stock. And driving an automatic its such a fine line between giving it a bolder and nicer look and feeling like a ricer. And i never want that tag or have my car look cheap, so that's why i value you what you guys say. I know its "my car" but this post has already taught me a lot lol. I also live in Rhode island and the winter is rough. I already have some paint scuffs and scratches from the terrible roads, so i thought a nice/new painted lip would not only look nice but cover the little blemishes on the lower part of my front bumper.
Attached Thumbnails Place to buy pre-painted exterior lips/kits?-z1.jpg  

Last edited by Liquidice944; 12-15-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:57 AM
NJVinny350z

Originally Posted by Liquidice944
Thanks for the help and idea's guys. The evo lip is sick. I posted a picture of what im working with. Nothing special obviously, just an 04 touring automatic with 80k. My overall goal was just to add something to make it look alittle nicer on the exterior without spending $1000. I don't want to go cheap i just want to start reasonable with something around a few hundred. I was thinking of starting off with a front-lip or a spoiler. Is the Nismo V2 spoiler ricer? I just feel like most of the others are so subtle. I just didn't know if that would look good with the rest of the car being stock. And driving an automatic its such a fine line between giving it a bolder and nicer look and feeling like a ricer. And i never want that tag or have my car look cheap, so that's why i value you what you guys say. I know its "my car" but this post has already taught me a lot lol. I also live in Rhode island and the winter is rough. I already have some paint scuffs and scratches from the terrible roads, so i thought a nice/new painted lip would not only look nice but cover the little blemishes on the lower part of my front bumper.
I'm no expert, I'm just trying to help you out the best I can.

Ultimately, it's your car, and if you like how something looks on it, **** what everyone else thinks.

All I suggest is that you check this thread out: https://my350z.com/forum/350z-colors...tona-blue.html

That's gonna show you a bunch of pictures of DB Z's, everything from stock to heavily modified.

Find out what YOU think looks good, ask questions, PM people. Most people won't mind helping you out.

Also, when spring comes around, try and go to some car meets. You'll meet owners there that you can also ask questions and you'll get to see how different bumpers/lips look like in person.

And trust me, I understand you not wanting to drop $1,000+ into your exterior, all I'm saying is try to be tasteful with your decisions, and don't just slap something on your car to say you did it.

Be careful out there in the winter too, I heard the Z isn't a big fan of snow.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:43 AM
VQpoweredZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your looking to not spend over $1000 bucks on aftermarket body parts etc. Just buy an authentic front lip and call it a day. It's easy to buy many aftermarket or replica parts without factoring in the price of fitting, prepping, and sanding. Thats just my thoughts. I myself wouldn't go for the Nismo wing on a stock body, automatic or not, that doesn't matter to me, you bought the car you can do what you want with it. You seem to be on the right track though.

As for the paint go out and get involved with your local car community and see what shops are reputable, to make the best judgement on where to take your car when the time is right.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:29 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 411 Likes on 235 Posts

+1000 on this^^^^

plasti dip is for ppl who are starving to find a product to use.. i just dont get it.

There is and has always been the PROPER material to spray things black to like like plastic trim and its Duplicolor Trim Black.
When your rubber seals and black exterior trim on any vehicle get old and dry and whitened ro gray, you mask it off, scuff it up, and use that product.

OP, The benefit to you from buying a front lip that will stay black is that in a rough climate where you will 100% guaranteeably scratch and scuff it.. is that youcan go outside in the proper temperature, mask back the nose of the car w a few trash bags and some blue painters tape, re-spray it in in your driveway.. and have a perfectly black lip again in 30 minutes.

Also, buying authentic parts is the best way to make your car look nice.. the lines are cleaner and tighter, end of story.

god luck w your searches.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:26 AM
JCITY
Banned

CF body parts on your blue car in my opinion is a matter of taste.Unless you are gonna
carry the CF theme in areas other than the lip,I would not do it.My Z is silverstone.I've got CF on all exterior areas:lip,skirts,diffuser etc.CF blend well with the dark grey metallic.From what I've seen of the blue on a Z,I'd paint your parts body color.
EVO-R does a pretty good match job.He sells painted parts.Only problem is contacting him and getting a reply.Gives you an uneasy feeling...
Old 12-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Liquidice944

I really like the V2 front bumper with canards. https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...e-on-sale.html I found a 100% seller who has the full kit for $450. http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-04-05-06-...item256a7e56cf Should i stick with the vendors here or would that listing be ok to look into?

Last edited by Liquidice944; 12-15-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:57 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquidice944
I really like the V2 front bumper with canards. Should i stick with the vendors here or would that listing be ok to look into?
There is a local guy with a black Z that has a replica V2 front end (without canards) and that's it for a body kit. It actually looks pretty good, but he is also lowered and has a nice set of wheels with good offsets which is what ties everything together. IMO in order to pull off a V2 front end properly, you at least need to compliment it with a properly lowered stance (doesn't need to be slammed) and a nice set of wheels. But now we're into ~$4000
Old 12-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Liquidice944

Gotchya
Old 12-19-2011, 08:37 AM
clarkah

I would say wheels and spacers before bodykits
Old 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
BAUSauto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by clarkah
I would say wheels and spacers before bodykits
^That and Suspension at the same time to be honest. That's just me. I always thought wheels and a stock height looked funny. You should go springs if you're unsure of what you want to do with suspension, especially if it's just a daily. OR if you don't mind just jumping to coilovers; there are some decent ones for under $1000. But keep in mind, you have to get a camber kit (even if you go springs).

- Ben
Old 12-19-2011, 04:42 PM
NJVinny350z

Originally Posted by BAUSauto
But keep in mind, you have to get a camber kit (even if you go springs).
Wait, you HAVE to get a camber kit?
Old 12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
*ICE*

my EVO-R carbon fiber lip custom paint OEM color.

Quick Reply: Place to buy pre-painted exterior lips/kits?