Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Paint Color???

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 09:50 PM
T_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Interior Paint Color???

Hey whats up u guys i have a 03 z touring Black on Black i was wondering what your ideas were on painting the center dash and door switches....i was thinking about Black or Red. I'm leaning more towards the red.... and i am going to get it professionally painted by a body shop.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:02 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

OK do it.

Lots of examples here of members painting interior parts both contrasting and complimentary colors. Some come off looking like the work of a child with his first box of Crayola crayons. Others work with a well thought out color theme. Results can be garish or visually appealing.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:10 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

davidv brought up an excellent point.Lets face it,you ask 10 guys what "looks good",you may get 10 different answers(with the exception of wheel color...most will agree on black).If you like red contrasting on black(would not be my choice),go for it.I'd suggest doing some mock up photos of what this extreme contrast would look like before you actually do it.Also,I believe you are talking about the door switch surrounds not the switches themselves?If red is your thing,you may want to consider a dash kit overlay kit in red rather than get it painted.These kits are easy to install,durable over paint and will
include other pieces to carry the red theme in your interior.Yes,they are "stick on"
parts.But IMO,putting red pieces in a black interior is not exactly a real subtle/rich look
(even though,Bugatti&Ferrari does this in small touches).If you were looking for a contrast in your interior,if it were me,I'd opt for some stainless steel look overlays.Or maybe,silver CF.
I've seen this done on the Z black interior...looks sharp.Whats more,S/S brings in the design elements of the Z as that material is used throughout the car.

Last edited by JCITY; 12-25-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:20 PM
ambushphoto

I have seen a black Z with that cheap red CF stick on stuff, not vinyl and not actual CF overlay, but the stick on 'kit' that has a big Z on the nav door. It looked HORRIBLE. If you're looking at changing the colour maybe look at a vinyl overlay because you can change it if it looks bad and enough coloured vinyl to cover that much area is going to cost you like $20. If you paint it youre going to pay the shop to prep every single piece and if you end up hating it you will regret spending all that money.

Post a quality pic of your interior in decent lighting and let me know what parts you want to change and I can photoshop it for you.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
T_R

Post a quality pic of your interior in decent lighting and let me know what parts you want to change and I can photoshop it for you.[/QUOTE]

ill put up some pics soon and i was thinking about the carbon fiber 3m vinyl....but i started to second guess myself because my friends were saying go red. ive seen a couple of pics of it in red but like you guys said im worried about how it will come out. I found a shop that is going to charge me $100 for the center dash in Black.... and another for the side door switch covers, for about $25 each.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Slaughter3fifty

i painted mine myself, so far eveything has turned out great.. heres some pics of the rear strut bar cover. it doesnt look as great because i took these pics at night. just sand it down, and make sure to prime it and clear coat it. im about to take out the center piece and do that red as well..