Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

veilside v3 sides: what do you think about them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 12:02 PM
drew703

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default veilside v3 sides: what do you think about them?

Sorry didnt want to mislead anyone with the title, I dont have the v3 sides, but I am considering them.

What do you think about the v3 sides BUT W/O rest of the v3 body kit? The v3 front, rear, and wing are all a little too much for my tastes. But the sides aren't too crazy. Does anyone have any pics of the v3 sides w/o the rest of the v3 kit, or maybe mixed with another kit?

My plan for now is v1 front lip, v3 sides OR nismo sides, v1 rear, evo-r wing.

The other reason it's kinda hard to find pics of v3 sides, half of the Z's I've seen with that kit also do the fender over part of the kit too, which is even MORE the v3 kit by itself!

TIA

-drew
Old 01-04-2004, 03:54 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that looks too wild

Old 01-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Wedge

I don't think the sides would go with the lines of the car on their own. If you look at the pic that Mike posted, it kind of looks like someone hopped a curb and bent up the side of the car. Too many wrinkles and crinkles for me.

What really counts is whether YOU like it enough to buy it. If you do, then go for it.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:23 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Wedge
If you look at the pic that Mike posted, it kind of looks like someone hopped a curb and bent up the side of the car.

It does, doesn't it!? That's what I was thinking when I saw the pic b4 reading your post!
Old 01-05-2004, 10:58 AM
swifty949

Techart Porsche

Last edited by swifty949; 01-05-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Donny_b

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel that it take away fro the Z's already beautiful lines. The look I prefer is a front lip spoiler and a Nismo type wing. That's it. I feel they compliment the overall look of the Z without taking away from it. Just my opinion....db
Old 01-18-2004, 06:22 AM
350 PILOT

Well I hate to be the one going against the grain but...

I like the sideskirts because of how they DO follow the lines of the car. Look how the bottom roll matches perfectly with the front lip. And how the "whip" follows the lines of the door. The back section sets up the lines of the back bumper. PERFECT!

I don't know about anybody else, but I have spent hours just looking and studying my Z. The feature I appreciate the most are how all the lines are carried throughtout the car. For example the ridge that flows from the headlights all away back to the tail. D*mn, they even got the top lines of the side window to match the bottom line of the brake lights. Veilside respects the original lines and builds from there (look at that wing and how it follows those lines). Some of their stuff is to radical for me, like that V3 wing. But at least they didn't butcher those oh so beautiful lines.

I say GO FOR IT!