Sponsored by:

TS Diffuser w/ Amuse kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 04:19 AM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TS Diffuser w/ Amuse kit?

So here's my dilemma.
I've got a shine TS style diffuser and my original plan was to purchase chargespeed cf sides and an evo-r/mine's front lip. However due to my location, shipping of the sides/lip would cost a fortune and so I am looking for other options.

So I've always liked the amuse kit and so I did a photoshop seeing how it will flow with the TS diffuser. So here are some options
Stock:

Amuse front/side:

Amuse front/side+splitter:

I got the idea of a splitter under the sides from some guy on cardomain who put a cf panel under his amuse sides and looked quite nice.

Have also sold the wheels currently on it and will be going with black varrs es2 19x9.5/10.5 +12
Please excuse the bad photoshop.

Opinions?
Old 05-18-2013, 04:40 AM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

I like the splitter, it goes nicely with the diffuser.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:43 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by RUNWDVL
+1...

Would prefer the cs bottom line side with amuse front/diffuser. Boomerz33 and TheOtherRob's car looks perfect with this combo!

AVmagneticZ runs the combo you desire but with the cs lip instead of evo-r/mine's and his car is perfect also!

GL with your decision.

Last edited by stogey420time; 05-18-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:59 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Search for Kal_el (aka Scottie) he had the black z with full amuse kit (front with diffuser and sides) with ts style rear diffuser.. Looked great.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:36 PM
taryon

Originally Posted by RUNWDVL
That's what I'm thinking at the moment too
Originally Posted by stogey420time
+1...

Would prefer the cs bottom line side with amuse front/diffuser. Boomerz33 and TheOtherRob's car looks perfect with this combo!

AVmagneticZ runs the combo you desire but with the cs lip instead of evo-r/mine's and his car is perfect also!

GL with your decision.
Thanks for the examples, I would love to go with the CS sides but practically, I could get a whole amuse rep kit fitted and painted for cheaper than purchasing those sides not rushing anything though, so have plenty of time to not make the wrong choices

Originally Posted by Chebosto
Search for Kal_el (aka Scottie) he had the black z with full amuse kit (front with diffuser and sides) with ts style rear diffuser.. Looked great.
Ah thanks for that, I actually have his car saved on my computer for reference pictures but the fact that it is black, the contrast from the front/rear diffuser would not be visible like it would from a gray Z
Old 05-18-2013, 04:52 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

"gsazabi" had Amuse sides and TS rear, his car is one of the silver tones iirc.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:59 PM
taryon

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
"gsazabi" had Amuse sides and TS rear, his car is one of the silver tones iirc.
Awesome man, thanks for that. Just found it:
Does look quite nice

here's what I plan to do with the sides if I do end up getting them
Old 05-19-2013, 09:12 AM
fzero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm currently running the Evo-R VSV1 lip, Seibon Amuse CF Sideskirts and Shine TS diffuser. I think it flows well if you want to keep a simple and clean look. I've seen that carbon strip work on a ING sideskirt cause it is flat on the bottom, but the amuse sides flares downward on each end near the wheels. You might run into some issues if you want it running the entire length of the sides or do some bodywork.

Found some pics of ing and that carbon strip
TS Diffuser w/ Amuse kit?-gv2qh13.jpg
TS Diffuser w/ Amuse kit?-ss8yzhk.jpg
TS Diffuser w/ Amuse kit?-tcljqcd.jpg

Last edited by fzero; 01-27-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:03 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Looks good fzero, wish I had kept my Amuse sides.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:17 PM
taryon

Originally Posted by fzero
I'm currently running the Evo-R VSV1 lip, Seibon Amuse CF Sideskirts and Shine TS diffuser. I think it flows well if you want to keep a simple and clean look. I've seen that carbon strip work on a ING sideskirt cause it is flat on the bottom, but the amuse sides flares downward on each end near the wheels. You might run into some issues if you want it running the entire length of the sides or do some bodywork.
Thanks for those pics man, really helps The INGs is an option but the difficulty of my location sets in again, the suppliers here only sell buy whole kits. I could probably work something out with carbon strip on the amuse by putting spacers on the middle or something, or fiberglass the slopes out somehow haha. Beautiful Z by the way.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:15 PM
fzero

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Looks good fzero, wish I had kept my Amuse sides.
Thanks, saw your thread with the white vinyl car wrap, that's impressive. I want to try it but I don't think I have the patience to do it. I screwed up my roof wrap twice already lol

Originally Posted by taryon
Thanks for those pics man, really helps The INGs is an option but the difficulty of my location sets in again, the suppliers here only sell buy whole kits. I could probably work something out with carbon strip on the amuse by putting spacers on the middle or something, or fiberglass the slopes out somehow haha. Beautiful Z by the way.
Sounds like a plan, I think removing the dips on the bottom of the sideskirts and refibeglassing it would look better than using spacers since there would be a noticable gap. How are the akebono's treating you, I'm thinking about ordering a set since they cost a little more than a used set of brembos.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:07 AM

i'll post here when i get my car back from the body shop. I have a amust front with splitter. CS bottomline side and shine TS rear.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:12 AM
taryon

Originally Posted by fzero
Sounds like a plan, I think removing the dips on the bottom of the sideskirts and refibeglassing it would look better than using spacers since there would be a noticable gap. How are the akebono's treating you, I'm thinking about ordering a set since they cost a little more than a used set of brembos.
That's definitely an option
Oh they're great. Looks amazing behind the wheels. Only thing is that I haven't taken it to the track yet but hopefully a noticeable difference between stock brakes that kept getting brake fade There's debates on akebonos vs brembos however
Originally Posted by 1001
i'll post here when i get my car back from the body shop. I have a amust front with splitter. CS bottomline side and shine TS rear.
Sounds good man. That's the setup I'd love to go for but logically shouldn't because of the shipping etc.