Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why. WHY WOULD A DEALERSHIP DO THIS...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 10:53 AM
buletman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why. WHY WOULD A DEALERSHIP DO THIS...

Ok, so I made a big stink about not wanting front license playe holes...

Delaership made big stink they have to have em.

I said fine, give me the front plate, I just want my car.

Now it is in a body shop getting front holes removed.

WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS?! I DON'T WANT A REPAINTED FRONT FOR THIS.

They had to drive care 400 miles to pick it up...did something happen to the car?

I am SO FU*KING UPSET. I WANT TO KILL MY DEALERSHIP.

NO SMILY CAN SHOW HOW MAD I AM RIGHT NOW. UNLESS IT IS A PICTURE OF ME KILLING THE WHOLE DEALERSHIP.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:55 AM
BJF2K

err... what my friend told the dealer is that if they make any holes in the front, he will not buy the car... so they didn't...
Old 01-29-2004, 10:57 AM
buletman

Well, the car supposedly already had the holes.

It was in Webster, NY.

I'm in New City, NY.

350 miles (coincidence )

BUT I MEAN REALLY WTF

Something must have happened to the car for out of the blue them submit and say "ok lets surprise him by covering up the holes"

I was suppose to pick up car today, they said 5:00 tomorrow, I'm like
"why it has been there since monday!"

they said "we wanted to surprise you, we are covering the holes"

I'm waiting for my salesperson to call me back...this is****ING BS. Something else must have happened to the ca. I don't want them to sand and paint a new car, just to get rid of holes.

ARGGGG

Last edited by buletman; 01-29-2004 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:08 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Actually, you might be better off getting the entire bumper re-painted, due to the flaws other Z owners have been experiencing with soft paint jobs.

My suggestion once you get your car, is to get a clear bra.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:15 AM
buletman

Zand02, my intention was to get a clear bra asap...but my concern is the fact the non-factory paint lowers value of car...

And I just want my Z already, I don't want to wait till tomorrow at 5, when I have been waiting since...yeah...
Old 01-29-2004, 11:19 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally posted by buletman
Zand02, my intention was to get a clear bra asap...but my concern is the fact the non-factory paint lowers value of car...

And I just want my Z already, I don't want to wait till tomorrow at 5, when I have been waiting since...yeah...
It doesn't lower the value of the Z, only if you were invloved in a wreck would it lower the value.

I had my entire front end, mirrors, and side panels re-painted due to the %$^@#%&*dealer razor-blading my car while putting on a clear bra (thats another story), anyway, that was my main gripe, since I only had the car one week, was the re-sale value.

Well, thats what the body shop, insurance company, and dealer told me.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Strife350z

Originally posted by buletman
Well, the car supposedly already had the holes.

It was in Webster, NY.

I'm in New City, NY.

350 miles (coincidence )

BUT I MEAN REALLY WTF

Something must have happened to the car for out of the blue them submit and say "ok lets surprise him by covering up the holes"

I was suppose to pick up car today, they said 5:00 tomorrow, I'm like
"why it has been there since monday!"

they said "we wanted to surprise you, we are covering the holes"

I'm waiting for my salesperson to call me back...this is****ING BS. Something else must have happened to the ca. I don't want them to sand and paint a new car, just to get rid of holes.

ARGGGG
Don't want to make matters worse, but i don't think you should accept delivery of the car... 350 miles is NOT a small number...

When I bought my car, I made strict demands.. i said to the dealer: i want the car for 1000 under msrp (this was back in Mar/03), I want it in 1 month (the waiting list at the time was 5) and it has to be a daytona blue. After 15 minutes on his computer, the owner of the dealership said, "sure i can do it; but the car will have to come from montreal"... I didn't have a problem with this and handed over the check.

Now, if you're not familiar with Canadian geography, montreal is about 500 kms (~350 miles) from toronto... and when I picked up the car, it had 40 km's on it (30 miles). They did not drive the car from montreal but instead trucked it over. This is the way it should be done.

I wouldn't have accepted delivery of the car if it had 350 miles on it... nor should you... 350 miles is plenty of mileage for someone to seriously damage your engine/drivetrain... let alone add a few stone chips to your paint...

but like I said, this is just my opinion... and as a fellow Z owner, I want to make sure you don't get ripped off by your dealership
Old 01-29-2004, 04:30 PM
buletman

No, I could have had it flatbedded over, but it would have been at my expense, and I had my options...I don't care too much about the 350 miles, I do however care about the chips, and new this would be a risk. I am clear bra-ing it asap, and am just hoping if i do find any big chunks, dealer will cover it.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:44 PM
old_s13

Yeah its BS.. they did the SAME thing to my car after getting it out of the body shop, after specifically asking them NOT to drill any holes for the front bumper plate.

You want to hear what put me through the roof? The plate was in the car behind the passenger seat.. they managed to find it and put it on the car for me! How ****ing incredible is that!

I wanted to put the plate on the parking lot of the body shop and peel out on it so that it would fly up in the air and hit the idiot that installed it.

I really Really REALLY despise front license plates, but in CA its law that they are installed on the vehicle. Idiots.. idiots.

- Mike
Old 01-29-2004, 04:51 PM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Yup, another dealer horror story

Hey, it's quite simple!

They LIED to you from day one. That's just part of their job. They'll make that sale any way they can. I'd walk away from it and tell them eat the car. ..........(or negotiate for some dealer options)

I did exactly that with my first 350Z order!

Don't let them use 'YOUR' intense enthusiasm against your better judgment!

Old 01-29-2004, 05:48 PM
silverstoneTT

ohhh new city, i live by stony point, 10 minutes away.....did u buy it from action nissan, because i HATE that place. i regret buying mine there and giving them my money. Hope u enjoy the car. Ill probably see you around at some point. not many orange Zs around here

Last edited by silverstoneTT; 01-29-2004 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

becuuse by law, they have to deliver the car with plates if you elected to have them register it.

Just buy the bumper plugs and be done...
Old 01-29-2004, 06:55 PM
frankmusic

Default But.........

Yes, they probably delivered the car with registered NY plates. However, IF the customer wishes to mount the front plate himself - then the dealership can produce a waiver that can then be signed by the customer stating such. This gets the dealer off the hook, folks. I purchased my 350Z in New York and I had stipulated this (no drilling in the front bumper) desire prior to the scheduled delivery date.

And..........NO drilling was performed on my newly delivered vehicle. This wish was agreed upon by both parties during the initial deposit. There is NO reason on earth that dealerships are required to drill other wise. However, IF your car was obtained on a swap (say to satisfy your favorite color or configuration demand) - then it's pot luck what actions may have taken place while in the previous dealers hands.

Live with it - OR - just walk away. There's plenty of 350Zs around to choose from.

Old 01-29-2004, 07:08 PM
buletman

I got it at ramsey nissan, not action...

Also, silverstone, what hs you go to? I go to Clarkstown North-- Senior
Old 01-29-2004, 07:20 PM
old_s13

"Just buy the bumper plugs and be done..."

Where do you get those? Then you have to have them custom painted to match.. hehe how silly.

- Mike
Old 01-30-2004, 12:23 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

try

www.bumperplugs.com

Some of you in NY and other states that require a front plate might try telling the dealer that you will install your own plate. Tell them you are getting a 'Zee-Bracket' (even if your not) and direct them to my website to show them what you are talking about. This has worked for some on this forum

Sorry about the bumper holes but any California dealer that tells you they are required to put on the NNA bracket is flat out lying to ya
Old 01-30-2004, 04:41 AM
silverstoneTT

Oh Im im a junior at albertus, closer to south
Old 01-30-2004, 04:50 AM
frankmusic

Thumbs up The Zee-Bracket!

If you hate having the service clowns taking their drill bits to your brand new pristine front bumper. . . . . . . Then this is the route you need to take.
Attached Thumbnails Why. WHY WOULD A DEALERSHIP DO THIS...-350zee.jpg  
Old 01-30-2004, 04:51 AM
buletman

Originally posted by silverstoneTT
Oh Im im a junior at albertus, closer to south
I know where albertus is...good stuff...I'll see you on the road
Old 01-30-2004, 04:59 AM
buletman

Guys, some of you who said "you should have said no holes, or I don't want the car"

I didn't ORDER this car, they found it, and the other dealership had already put the holes in the bumper. So "as a good gesture" they are filling them up...

I mean, the more I think about it, the more I realize, if I can't tell the difference, meaning, no color off, no too big indentations, then WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

So, sorry for bugging out before...I'll give you guys the update at around 6...I'll hopefully have fun driving my car home from the dealership

Quick Reply: Why. WHY WOULD A DEALERSHIP DO THIS...