Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please, rear trunk ideas!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 05:47 PM
kawyracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please, rear trunk ideas!

I have searched endlessly for rear hatch area info in the forums and cant find answers. First I have rattles and lots of noise, second my spare tire flat cover doesnt stay put and if i put anything at all back there and drive the least bit fast it slides all over. How do you stop this?
Old 03-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

My hatch makes all kinds of buzzing and vibrations. Drives me crazy but there doesn't seem to be a fix so I've learned to get used to it. All I can suggest is making sure your jack/tire iron/spare are all secured and seeing if that solves the noise problem.

Can you describe the second problem in more detail?
Old 03-02-2014, 09:46 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,595 Posts

You didn't give the age or mileage on your car, but every car gets louder over time. So-
There is an excellent bicycle chain lube called "Ice Wax" you can find at REI or Performance Bicycle online. Try hitting everything with that moves/slides or latches. Non greasy or staining but you'll have to repeat to keep squeaks away. Not wd40.
Or grab a candle and do the same, parafin is a good, stable friction reducer. No, I am not pulling your johnson.
Spare cover=Velcro.

Cheers.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:37 AM
HR.R-CING

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

need to completely gut it. solves all problems!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Caidrac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kawyracer
I have searched endlessly for rear hatch area info in the forums and cant find answers. First I have rattles and lots of noise, second my spare tire flat cover doesnt stay put and if i put anything at all back there and drive the least bit fast it slides all over. How do you stop this?
Nissan makes a carpet that replaces the felt-like material that covers the rear storage area. I just got one, and it works well. It's very much like front floor mats... Rubber on the bottom, and plush carpet on top. And has the Z logo. Part number 999E3-ZP001. $46.25 from Courtesy Nissan.