Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350z to 370z conversion!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 06:25 PM
DrummerGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol dude if your parents are willing to just hand over 4k why waste it on this? Go get a turbo or something at least. :P

Your car though. If your parents are giving you money more power to you, wish I had that kinda situation. Goodluck with whatever you do.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Landon_G03z
+1000

Please go through with this kit, let the haters hate, prove all of us wrong. Besides, why buy a 370 when a 150 shot is so much cheaper?
i see what you did there...
Old 03-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Rubidium

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If a 8k down payment is going to kill you financially but spending 4k on a body kit, paint and all that jazz then you are doing some terrible financial planning. Put that 4k towards something more useful, but just as every else says it's your car do what you want.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:55 PM
More Lotion

Originally Posted by JCITY
Post a pic of your Z as it sits,now.
^This. Would like to see the z you'll be adding the kit and headlight conversion too.
If it's nearly stock.. Then you'll be spending much more than $4k to make it all work nicely
Old 03-05-2014, 03:06 AM
SHILOW

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phannfan
I have the help of my parents, so money in the long run isnt a issue! just that if i get a 370z ill be paying not my parents thats what i mean by
Do your parents a favor and grow up. Save your money for school or a down payment on a house. Turn your focus away from the big boy toys until you can afford them. 5 yrs from now you will want a different/better car anyway.

By the way, the kit looks good in IMO.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:36 AM
Speednz

Okay, I wasted 5 minutes of my time doing research on this that you should be doing.
1. The kit is a 4 piece kit (fenders,bumper,hood) so you'll have to spend a extra $500 per headlight just to get the headlights (note: 350z headlights are $80 on eBay)
2. The whole point of this is to have the 370z headlights on your 350z right? Well I would love to hear how your going to mount them! Because the headlight support bracket is definitely not the same. Ya know what means? You go buy this kit and get it painted then the headlights don't fit. So I went the extra mile and looked up the housing support (thing that holds the headlight to the car) and I couldn't find a single one used. Cheapest new I could find was $921 A PIECE. So there's a extra $2000 just to hold the headlights in place. And I have no idea if the housing support will even fit a 350z...

Dude I'm not trying to make you kill yourself because you don't exactly know what your doing but beware of wasting money and getting people on here to agree with you. I'm only 17 and I have a z that I paid for with all of my own hard earned money. I came on here last year and asked how to turbo my car.. Biggest mistake of my life. So I wanted to prove all the haters wrong so I built a kit myself including lines and everything. And even bought a eBay turbo to top it off. And guess what? It worked. Had it Dyno tuned and had over 400hp. But then guess what? My stupid mistake of running the oil lines anywhere close to my exhaust was a mistake. Driving down the road the oil line slipped off and ignited. Caught my entire car on fire and I'm lucky I didn't die with my car. Thing is I didn't have any insurance for random fires so I lost my car. Learn from my mistake man.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:56 AM
Speednz

And I forgot to mention the harness. They look similar from pictures but you need to do more research on that if you still plan on doing this. But I agree with them ^ a turbo kit for $4k is 20x cooler than different headlights.. Trust me I had both
Old 03-05-2014, 06:01 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednz
And I forgot to mention the harness. They look similar from pictures but you need to do more research on that if you still plan on doing this. But I agree with them ^ a turbo kit for $4k is 20x cooler than different headlights.. Trust me I had both
then you should know 4k isnt gonna cut it for a turbo build.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:07 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexx
then you should know 4k isnt gonna cut it for a turbo build.
to maybe buy it... but not installed
Old 03-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Phannfan

Originally Posted by Speednz
Okay, I wasted 5 minutes of my time doing research on this that you should be doing.
1. The kit is a 4 piece kit (fenders,bumper,hood) so you'll have to spend a extra $500 per headlight just to get the headlights (note: 350z headlights are $80 on eBay)
2. The whole point of this is to have the 370z headlights on your 350z right? Well I would love to hear how your going to mount them! Because the headlight support bracket is definitely not the same. Ya know what means? You go buy this kit and get it painted then the headlights don't fit. So I went the extra mile and looked up the housing support (thing that holds the headlight to the car) and I couldn't find a single one used. Cheapest new I could find was $921 A PIECE. So there's a extra $2000 just to hold the headlights in place. And I have no idea if the housing support will even fit a 350z...

Dude I'm not trying to make you kill yourself because you don't exactly know what your doing but beware of wasting money and getting people on here to agree with you. I'm only 17 and I have a z that I paid for with all of my own hard earned money. I came on here last year and asked how to turbo my car.. Biggest mistake of my life. So I wanted to prove all the haters wrong so I built a kit myself including lines and everything. And even bought a eBay turbo to top it off. And guess what? It worked. Had it Dyno tuned and had over 400hp. But then guess what? My stupid mistake of running the oil lines anywhere close to my exhaust was a mistake. Driving down the road the oil line slipped off and ignited. Caught my entire car on fire and I'm lucky I didn't die with my car. Thing is I didn't have any insurance for random fires so I lost my car. Learn from my mistake man.
Thank you , this is what I wanted to know about the lights support and everything. Yes I understand, but money won't be a issue as for now. i'm not planning to bet all my money in this .. im going by little by little.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Phannfan

Originally Posted by Phannfan
Thank you , this is what I wanted to know about the lights support and everything. Yes I understand, but money won't be a issue as for now. i'm not planning to bet all my money in this .. im going by little by little.
Btw, I found these brackets from Z1 for like 70 bucks. Correct me if its the right one. (: http://www.z1motorsports.com/g37_370...oducts_id=4292
Old 03-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Phannfan

Btw, I found these brackets from Z1 for like 70 bucks. Correct me if its the right one. (: http://www.z1motorsports.com/g37_370...oducts_id=4292
Old 03-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Diode Dynamics
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the money you are spending to make your 350 look like a 370, why not do a WBK for your 350? Or save that money and put it towards college lol

I can't even imagine spending $4k on car parts before going to college. But if you're set on the 370z look for your 350, keep us updated on the progress. Extreme Dimensions makes great kits, but the shop putting it on is even more important. Plenty of threads on this forum to show you the horrors of going to a cheap body shop

Nick C.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Phannfan

4k installed for everything not the INSTALLMENT. I over exaggerated the price, I have a hookup for a paint job and kit install because my aunt bf works at a autobody shop. Anyways thanks for the mods suggestion, but your opinon doesnt matter because im not looking for suggestion, but the lights information.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Regardless of what everyone thinks the OP is actually looking for help on completing this kit so why not just let him do what he wants and answer his relevant questions rather than bashing him

I will start cleaning up the thread and handing out infractions if it keeps going down this path of becoming a flame fest rather than people actually helping out the OP
Old 03-05-2014, 02:59 PM
IcanHaz

OP have you tried calling ED to see if they had any advice for installing?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:21 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Doing this conversion is like living in Japan and putting a S15 front end on a S14.
LOL
Old 03-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Landon_G03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay.. Then on a serious note,

I think the kit would look cool. The conversion has been done a couple of times, I have seen the z's on Instagram a lot. They get lots of love. But it's not something I would be willing to do. Too expensive and not something I like. One of my least favorite parts of the 370 is the awkward triangle chunks missing from the headlights. But if you're looking to be unique, go for it. If you can fund it, anything can be done.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:20 AM
bbongR

Originally Posted by Cux350z
For the price of the kit, headlights, paint and labor.......and still not having a 370z..why not just trade in and buy a 370z?

also wrong sub forum, this is for SITE related issues.
^ I totally agree with you on 370z looking more aggressive. To be brutally honest, I actually like the 370z design more than the 350z. However, I think 350z has its own vibe that attracts you differently than the 370z. It's really up to you to pay almost the half of trade-in amount for the 370z and still keep your 350z. I personally prefer performance over looks.. you may have what it looks like a 370z but doesn't perform like one.. ahh I don't know..

hey, if you are willing to spend that much money, why don't you consider Nismo V3 kit? I think it's beautiful and if you REALLY REALLY want more *aggressive style of headlights, consider custom headlights!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:39 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

jk not full headlight

Quick Reply: 350z to 370z conversion!