Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocket Bunny 350Z Aero Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 09:29 AM
RyankPeck

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm a huge fan of rocket bunnies so I'm subbing for pics! pretty pumped to see it
Not a huge fan of your current front bumper or eyelids but hey that's all you.
Also the 3 piece rs05rr's are gonna be insane!
That brz doe!

Last edited by RyankPeck; 11-12-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:25 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by abarclay
Nice dude! Have they given you an eta for the kit? Hopefully they cut you a bit of a deal for being the 1st in the US.

Definitely sub'd for updates
youl actually pay the highest top dollar premium for the first few kits.. not the other way around honestly. High demand, new item, zero incentive to cut back pricing.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Cjw4050

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
youl actually pay the highest top dollar premium for the first few kits.. not the other way around honestly. High demand, new item, zero incentive to cut back pricing.
Doubt it, pricing is released via greddy and none of the current rb prices of the kits have changed since release date

Last edited by Cjw4050; 11-12-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:53 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

i was replying to another comment.. first kits out arent going to be reduced is all. They will just certainly be full price.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:46 PM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Kind of a bummer, but definitely makes sense, thanks for the info
Old 11-12-2014, 05:14 PM
nextcore

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is amusing. You're self proclaiming to be the first Rocket Bunny z33 in the US when the kit hasn't even been released or even prototyped, just in concept design. Unfortunately, the likeliness of you being the first in the US is slim. (You maybe one of the first few to get the kit but highly unlikely the first) Here's why..

-Historically, TRA/GReddy have showcase and demo'd their RB cars prior to selling to the general public.. examples being RC-F, FD3S, NSX, GTR, FR-S v2, and S15.. With the exception of the original RB s14, 180sx and FR-S v1 (which was imported) this was back before TRA partnered with GReddy/Trust .. With the increase in popularity, there are a lot of shops jumping at the opportunity to work with them.

-Being that GReddy USA is based in Irvine, CA. It only makes financial sense for them to work locally with big name shops and vendors like Evasive, DTM, Bulletproof, LTMW etc. to debut their new body kits. Socal has a large tuner community.. but who is to say since the rb NSX was built by a shop in Chicago (SSA and Tuner Galleria) which Kei Muira knew them personally..

-It maybe easier to debut a US first with smaller shops like Garagemak, Stardast, maybe even Amuse and Varis.. But TRA/6666Customs backed by a globally known brand like Trust/GReddy.. it will be hard. There are people out there that have deep pockets and strong relationships with big shops that will jump at these opportunities. So unless you saved a huge wad of cash working at the car wash and djing on weekends, with a solid backing from a well known respected shop with a good relationship with GReddy... you maybe able to get this kit first.

-And lastly, there has been talks about a car/shop already being considered to debut this kit prior to general public release. Unless, its you... the likeliness of US first is pretty bleak.

Anyways, I didn't want to be the ball buster.. but it seemed like you needed a dose of reality. Best of luck to you and your future build.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:27 PM
ShadowHunter66

Originally Posted by nextcore
This thread is amusing. You're self proclaiming to be the first Rocket Bunny z33 in the US when the kit hasn't even been released or even prototyped, just in concept design. Unfortunately, the likeliness of you being the first in the US is slim. (You maybe one of the first few to get the kit but highly unlikely the first) Here's why..

-Historically, TRA/GReddy have showcase and demo'd their RB cars prior to selling to the general public.. examples being RC-F, FD3S, NSX, GTR, FR-S v2, and S15.. With the exception of the original RB s14, 180sx and FR-S v1 (which was imported) this was back before TRA partnered with GReddy/Trust .. With the increase in popularity, there are a lot of shops jumping at the opportunity to work with them.

-Being that GReddy USA is based in Irvine, CA. It only makes financial sense for them to work locally with big name shops and vendors like Evasive, DTM, Bulletproof, LTMW etc. to debut their new body kits. Socal has a large tuner community.. but who is to say since the rb NSX was built by a shop in Chicago (SSA and Tuner Galleria) which Kei Muira knew them personally..

-It maybe easier to debut a US first with smaller shops like Garagemak, Stardast, maybe even Amuse and Varis.. But TRA/6666Customs backed by a globally known brand like Trust/GReddy.. it will be hard. There are people out there that have deep pockets and strong relationships with big shops that will jump at these opportunities. So unless you saved a huge wad of cash working at the car wash and djing on weekends, with a solid backing from a well known respected shop with a good relationship with GReddy... you maybe able to get this kit first.

-And lastly, there has been talks about a car/shop already being considered to debut this kit prior to general public release. Unless, its you... the likeliness of US first is pretty bleak.

Anyways, I didn't want to be the ball buster.. but it seemed like you needed a dose of reality. Best of luck to you and your future build.

What he said. Hard.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:27 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

+2 Too soon jr.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

sub'd i guess
Old 11-12-2014, 06:37 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
i was replying to another comment.. first kits out arent going to be reduced is all. They will just certainly be full price.
Yeah, basically pricing will be just as greddy decides..and no incentive for "buddy" deals
Old 11-12-2014, 06:40 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowHunter66
What he said. Hard.
Werd.. Always nice to aim big...but ..sadly..this is a dreamer thread so far...

Now the wheels look like they'll turn up quite nice
Old 11-13-2014, 05:44 AM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm really looking forward to see how this turns out, please keep us informed with plenty of photo's.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:57 AM
Cjw4050

Originally Posted by nextcore

I said I was going to TRY, and honestly I was mainly proclaiming to be the first personal 350z in the us with the kit. The shops may have the advantage to build the first one and it gets shown off at one certain show like sema, but where does it go after that? Anyone ever see more of the bensopra 350z after its debut? I haven't...It's just owned by the shop and it's hard to follow a shops build. I plan to be the first one to personally build the rocket bunny in my own garage and add my own touches on it and actually drive the car and show it off whatever opportunity I get. I figured it would be cool for me to post a thread of the build and step by step processes, yes it may be a little early but I figured why not start it now.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:01 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

brz does look nice.
whether you are the 1st or not, think you are heading in the right direction and hope its executed well.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:22 AM
nextcore

Originally Posted by Cjw4050
I said I was going to TRY, and honestly I was mainly proclaiming to be the first personal 350z in the us with the kit. The shops may have the advantage to build the first one and it gets shown off at one certain show like sema, but where does it go after that? Anyone ever see more of the bensopra 350z after its debut? I haven't...It's just owned by the shop and it's hard to follow a shops build. I plan to be the first one to personally build the rocket bunny in my own garage and add my own touches on it and actually drive the car and show it off whatever opportunity I get. I figured it would be cool for me to post a thread of the build and step by step processes, yes it may be a little early but I figured why not start it now.
That's cool man.. You can do whatever you want to your car and I was just bringing you back down to earth so you realize to nature of what you're proclaiming.. The Ben Sopra z33 also never made it to "personal"usage because it costs nearly 15k(I know I've priced it out) and it's a not a functional kit. And there is a lot more the Ben sopra kit then you realize.

Btw, You never self-proclaimed to be the first "personal" rb 350z before today.. And I like the ninja edit to your OP to include "trying".
Old 11-13-2014, 07:35 AM
Cjw4050

First or not... My z will be rocket bunnied eventually and this will be the thread I post everything on. So if you're interested feel free to sub, If not oh well.

I agree on the fact that I may have got a little cocky and excited, but there is always a chance.
I really think a lot of you guys will really like this build, just like a lot of you already like my current set up. I'm just trying to share it with everyone instead of hoarding it in my garage.

Last edited by Cjw4050; 11-13-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:30 AM
RyankPeck

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think it matters if it's first.. it'll be sick either way
Old 11-13-2014, 10:32 AM
GreyZ

Received 171 Likes on 128 Posts

The only comment I have is that the wheels don't need to be 3 piece. There are a few design flaws with that design:
-The center will prevent you from changing the outer barrel in the event that you want a different width or offset. All of your width and offset adjustment will have to be with changing the inner barrel dimensions.
-Deep dish wheels will have some flex at the lip edge just from the geometry and loading and with the center that close to the lip's edge, but not being connected to the lip's edge, is going to cause some contact over potholes/rough roads/aggressive driving.
-If you can't have the benefits of a 3 piece, go with a 2 piece or a regular style. it would be lighter and I assume cheaper.
Just my opinion.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Cjw4050

Originally Posted by GreyZ
The only comment I have is that the wheels don't need to be 3 piece. There are a few design flaws with that design:
-The center will prevent you from changing the outer barrel in the event that you want a different width or offset. All of your width and offset adjustment will have to be with changing the inner barrel dimensions.
-Deep dish wheels will have some flex at the lip edge just from the geometry and loading and with the center that close to the lip's edge, but not being connected to the lip's edge, is going to cause some contact over potholes/rough roads/aggressive driving.
-If you can't have the benefits of a 3 piece, go with a 2 piece or a regular style. it would be lighter and I assume cheaper.
Just my opinion.
Well that's up to the engineers over at aim. They haven't renderd a version with a lip so I assume they're working something out.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:53 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by vex008
brz does look nice.
If you like stretched tires and cambered wheels

Put some real tires and correct offset wheels and it would look decent

Quick Reply: Rocket Bunny 350Z Aero Kit