Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Wheel Boss - Angle Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 04:09 AM
Poplar350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Boss - Angle Sensor

I've done a search on this but I can't find anything specific to this question. A couple of months ago I wanted to fit an aftermarket steering wheel to my 04 Z but the boss I had didn't have any input for the steering angle sensor.

What I was wondering was that is there any bosses available from anywhere that do support this? From my research the one I used (cheap one) doesn't but neither does the MOMO one when I asked the stockist.

Or is it a case of if you want to fit an aftermarket wheel you need to accept that you won't have use of the angle sensor? If this is true then what are the affects, no VDC available?

Or alternatively am I just completely wrong and tried fitting it incorrectly?! Thanks.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:19 AM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

There are no "inputs" for an angle sensor as it relates to the vehicle specific wheel hub, which is just a piece of metal.

All it has to have is a notch to accommodate the clock spring, which every aftermarket vehicle specific wheel hub should have.

From personal experience, the MOMO hubs work fine but fitment can be rough depending on application. The Works Bell hub fits great, and I've never used the NRG hub.

Good luck and welcome.

Last edited by guitman32; 06-07-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Poplar350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That makes sense as the one I bought was almost certainly just a generic Nissan one. As you explained the issue I did a little more digging and although I think the MOMO one is 350Z specific it looks like the Works Bell hub is the best regarded one so I'll go with that.

Thanks for your help on this.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:54 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,305 Likes on 1,660 Posts

I have the mono adapter on mine , took a little fine work to make it work.