Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jperkins21 Rocket Bunny Z Build Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 04:56 AM
jperkins21

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Headlights have been delivered and I plan on doing the headlights and installing the leds for the front bumper at the same time.

I've also been trying to work out some sponsorship deals with a few companies, so hopefully we can get even more progress going on the Z
Old 11-01-2016, 06:00 AM
jperkins21

Got the Z lowered and aligned this weekend. A buddy of mine had some extra eibachs. I also ordered toe bolts and spc camber arms.

Also have a dent guy fixing my door at this moment, so getting closer to choosing a color I want

Old 11-08-2016, 12:02 AM
sxnjeet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buy my wheels. they're rocketbunny fit. 3k . work vsxx 18x11 and 18x14. instagram.com/sxnjeet
Old 11-20-2016, 10:16 AM
jperkins21

Might be about time to put the Bunny into retirement as my daily until Easter haha. I got in it this morning to drive back to school and it definitely doesn't like cold/freezing temps until it get up to running temperature.

SO this winter I may or may not be adding a few different things to the car. I also have a guy wanting to sponsor me a paint job for cost of the paint, so that's an incentive on finishing up the bodywork and getting the kit ready for paint.

Made me a windshield banner and I hope that this winter isn't as bad as the past few, that way I can still work on the car.

I will still be doing many updates and maybe asking more questions about different things to do to the car while its down this winter.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:11 PM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

So you bought the fake kit but rep the real stuff?
The following users liked this post:
gringott (04-25-2017)
Old 11-21-2016, 05:42 AM
ZMoneyPIT

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Old 12-05-2016, 08:46 AM
jperkins21

Paint has been paid for and is waiting until spring for the Z to get its makeover again
Old 02-22-2017, 11:40 AM
jperkins21

I havent left as of yet. just been planning on future mods and getting it ready for paint. bringing in this new year with a bang and also wanting to up the ante on the power. here are some recent pics to look at!

Old 02-23-2017, 02:50 PM
Z33E

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Question regrding the wing... Why not a chasis mount? im thinking of getting a chasis mount battle aero as i have all bolt ons pretty set for and want exterior next.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:58 PM
jperkins21

Originally Posted by Z33E
Question regrding the wing... Why not a chasis mount? im thinking of getting a chasis mount battle aero as i have all bolt ons pretty set for and want exterior next.
I was going to do a chassis mount, and even got the companies to agree for a discount on them, but there were a few things that skewed my decision of going through with a chassis mount

1)A chassis mount on a rocket bunny has been overplayed soo many times you have to be different, if only slightly
2)the price of a chassis mount is 3 times what this real carbon fiber wing cost me
3)Took way less time to install than a chassis mount and kept me from cutting up my bumper and possibly messing that up
4)the wing that I have still looks amazing in person and gives the same wow factor that a chassis mount would have given
5)The wing is the same size and the same shape as a chassis mount
6)Could not justify paying that much for a wing just for looks
7)The extra money that I had saved on the wing is going into actual go fast bits that would actually warrant a #BIGWANG

It was just some of the many things that popped into my head and also the dollar amount spent vs. a wing that would not be functional unless my car was strictly race oriented. Same size and it matches my hood so im very happy with the wing. I also made the endplates custom from what it came with originally
Old 03-04-2017, 05:14 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by HRMoneyPit
So you bought the fake kit but rep the real stuff?
Gotta +1 this

Don't get me wrong, definite props for doing all the work you've done, and for bringing the Z back from its prior state, but please don't rep it as the real thing when it's not.

Throw another banner on there if you want, and be proud of the work you've done.

*steps down off soap box*
The following 2 users liked this post by abarclay:
gringott (04-25-2017), NA&CH (03-08-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 06:03 AM
jperkins21

Originally Posted by abarclay
Gotta +1 this

Don't get me wrong, definite props for doing all the work you've done, and for bringing the Z back from its prior state, but please don't rep it as the real thing when it's not.

Throw another banner on there if you want, and be proud of the work you've done.

*steps down off soap box*
I have never report the real kit or told anybody that I have the real kit. Everyone always asks me which kit it is and I tell them it's a replica rocket bunny kit.

The banner is just to tell everyone what style kit I have on my car. Albeit I'm not sure whether pandem or rocket bunny is an actual brand rather than a style. Greddy is the owner of it all so that's a fine line I have to decide what I tell people
The following users liked this post:
abarclay (03-04-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 07:59 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Should look pretty good when painted. Before paint, remount the wing, it should be mounted back a bit more, like as far back as possible.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:14 PM
jperkins21

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Should look pretty good when painted. Before paint, remount the wing, it should be mounted back a bit more, like as far back as possible.

I did try to get it as far back as possible. When it was back towards the back the stands were way uneven and only 3 of the 4 corners were touching the hatch. Where it is mounted now, however, does have all four mounting points directly on the car.

Any tips on how i could get it to mount flush further back?
Old 03-09-2017, 03:16 PM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jperkins21
I have never report the real kit or told anybody that I have the real kit. Everyone always asks me which kit it is and I tell them it's a replica rocket bunny kit.

The banner is just to tell everyone what style kit I have on my car. Albeit I'm not sure whether pandem or rocket bunny is an actual brand rather than a style. Greddy is the owner of it all so that's a fine line I have to decide what I tell people
Then change the banner to "ROCKET BUNNY STYLE"

You are so misinformed. Greddy does not own Rocket Bunny. TRA Kyoto is the Company. Rocket Bunny and Pandem are lines that they offer. Greddy in Importer and Distributor of the TRA Kyoto branded items.

Last edited by dvo; 03-09-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:51 PM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

dropping some knowledge lol
Old 09-13-2017, 08:43 AM
DVSIR911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jperkins21
Got the Z lowered and aligned this weekend. A buddy of mine had some extra eibachs. I also ordered toe bolts and spc camber arms.

Also have a dent guy fixing my door at this moment, so getting closer to choosing a color I want

Car looks good, coming along well. One question, where the fender and front bumper meet, what is the issue with the fitment there? Is the material stressed and won't bend the correct way or something?
Old 09-13-2017, 09:04 AM
jperkins21

Originally Posted by DVSIR911
Car looks good, coming along well. One question, where the fender and front bumper meet, what is the issue with the fitment there? Is the material stressed and won't bend the correct way or something?
I did end up getting that fixed quite easily. I drilled the screw hole for the very front screw too big and it would easily become loose and make the flare flex upward. Ill upload a lot more pictures that are more recent with the new paint.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:06 AM
jperkins21

Old 09-13-2017, 09:08 AM
jperkins21

getting the RL-71 Alien Pearl put on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: jperkins21 Rocket Bunny Z Build Thread