Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Hood Fitment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 11:42 AM
AJNismoZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Hood Fitment Issues

Alright, so as the thread title says I have cf fitment issues and it's bothering me a bunch. I don't have aero latches yet which I will be getting fairly soon but I wanted to see if any of you may know a way that I would be able to correct this.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:23 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

vis racing hood? i have the exact one and mine fits pretty well. have to try adjusting the latch?
Old 12-19-2016, 02:46 PM
AJNismoZ

Originally Posted by turboed350z
vis racing hood? i have the exact one and mine fits pretty well. have to try adjusting the latch?
I have to remove the front bumper in order to do so right? I wouldn't mind if I did but I just want to know if it's necessary.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:04 PM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by AJNismoZ
I have to remove the front bumper in order to do so right? I wouldn't mind if I did but I just want to know if it's necessary.
if its adjustable. im not 100% sure. i know my mustang was adjustable. have you try to adjust the hinges? mine didnt need any adjustment at all and fits close to oem.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:28 AM
AJNismoZ

Originally Posted by turboed350z
if its adjustable. im not 100% sure. i know my mustang was adjustable. have you try to adjust the hinges? mine didnt need any adjustment at all and fits close to oem.
I adjusted the latch and it actually helped a bunch with the passenger side popping up, it's almost flush now which is awesome, thanks. Now the only thing is that it's slightly off centered and that type of adjustment would be the hinges. Loosening the bolts on the hood, there was no play for adjusting but I haven't tried loosening the bolts of the hinges attatched to the car itself. I'm gonna try that.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:43 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by AJNismoZ
I adjusted the latch and it actually helped a bunch with the passenger side popping up, it's almost flush now which is awesome, thanks. Now the only thing is that it's slightly off centered and that type of adjustment would be the hinges. Loosening the bolts on the hood, there was no play for adjusting but I haven't tried loosening the bolts of the hinges attatched to the car itself. I'm gonna try that.
Sounds good that things are working in your favor. Good luck in adjusting it and getting it to sit how you want it