Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I Need to Replace My BCM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 07:56 PM
DACodeRed

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Do I Need to Replace My BCM?

So I'm pretty sure I need to replace my BCM, but I wanted to post on here to see if there's anything I might be forgetting to try.

My Issue:
The issue I'm having is that my dome light, when on the "DOOR" mode, do not light up when the doors are open or when the car is initially unlocked. However, if I manually press them they will light up just fine.

From what I've researched others are saying that it's the BCM which is why I'm pretty sure that is in fact the issue. The only reason I'm posting this is because from my research others were having issues with more than just the dome light. For instance some were saying that the vanity mirror lights weren't working, or that the trunk light was not working either. Though for me it's just the dome light issue.

What I've Tried:
So far to resolve this issue I've disconnecting the battery for 5min+, then reconnecting it.
I've tried rolling down the windows, opening the doors, and disconnecting the battery for 5min+, then reconnecting it.
I've tried the pedal dance ECU reset.

None of those seemed to resolve the issue. I've now ordered a replacement BCM Fusible Link Connector Assembly, but it doesn't looked to be blown so I'm not too optimistic about that.

Is there anything else I'm forgetting that could potentially resolve my issue if the new fusible link connector assembly does not work, or am I SOL and need to replace my BCM.

Thank you!