Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07-08 Airbag light fix (SOLVED)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 04:34 PM
GreyZ

Received 171 Likes on 128 Posts
Default 07-08 Airbag light fix (SOLVED)

So for anyone looking to add an aftermarket seat to the 2007 or 2008 350z's, I am sure you have had issues with the Passenger Occupancy Sensor and the air bag light not turning off. Or if your airbag light is going off and throwing an error code for the Passenger Occupancy Sensor.

A company called Airbag360 makes an emulator that plugs into the passenger weight sensor system and bypasses the sensor, defaulting the airbag to on. This allows you to run aftermarket seats SAFELY. This way beats trying to find a good condition used seat to rip the sensor out of, hoping it works.

The plug is right at the very front underside of the seat, and putting the little box in takes about 10 seconds. I hope this helps someone out there that was in a similar situation as me.

The resistor is still needed for the seat belt sensor, but previously I dont think anyone has found a way to bypass the passenger occupancy sensor and still have the airbag function as it should.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:49 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

So long as you never put a kid or a small person in the passenger seat, sounds reasonable. Be sure to disclose the sensor bypass in writing if you ever sell the car or you could be liable on a tort claim (even with an as-is sales contract.)

Last edited by zakmartin; 07-14-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:18 AM
GreyZ

Received 171 Likes on 128 Posts

absolutely. The box is right on the front, so in the event that someone under 100lbs rides in the front, my plan is to unplug it, disableing the passenger airbag. I totally agree about that when selling. CYA 100%