Sponsored by:

How do you remove entire driver side dashboard panels

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 07:11 PM
savedbygrace

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default How do you remove entire driver side dashboard panels

Hey gang,

I may try something...so I want to remove all the dash panels on the left side of the car...the sloped piece that the speedo fits into, the vent piece that is up near the windshield (that long strip that goes from driver side to passenger side), and the vent piece that is just to the left of the gauge cluster, and the bottom piece that is closest to the knees when we drive....how do you take all that off?

I've had the interior apart before...and know how to remove the steering wheel and gauge cluster (after disconnecting the battery of course), but have never taken off the dash panel itself or the bottom piece or the vent pieces. Any trick or problem areas?

My initial concern when looking at it all recently is the hood release? Is that just like the driver door handle release where the cable tension happens simply by clipping in the steel cable ball into one part of the assembly? Or is it more complex? I see how to disconnect the ODB and fuel door release, easy...but the hood release looks more messy?

All helpful input is sincerely appreciated, and thanks.

Saved