Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WB short hub + Rapfix II quick release distance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 06:41 PM
heyyouduh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WB short hub + Rapfix II quick release distance?

Anyone know how much further closer to the driver will a Works Bell short hub + Rapfix II quick release + a not super deep wheel be than stock? What about a standard WB hub?

I assume the Works Bell standard hub without quick release is same as stock.

Also, any comments on quality of NRG vs Works Bell?

Searched turned up some answers, but would like more specific answers, thanks. FYI wheel likely will be Personal Neo Grinta 330mm

TIA.

Last edited by heyyouduh; 07-05-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:01 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Never had either , prefer air bag oem, but have always read Works > NRG .
Old 07-06-2018, 12:14 PM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

I have the WB Short Boss hub...actual depth is listed as 59mm, and I just measured and it does in fact protrude about 2.3" from the face of the steering column as measured from the plastic trim.

I also run the gen 2.8 NRG QR...ive tried the 3.0 and the 2.0 and the 2.8 is the best feeling one out of the lot (the 2.0 should be avoided way cheap, and the 3.0 also can be slightly awkward to release at times if you dont apply even pressure to the ears). The 2.8 QR protrudes about 2.75" to the wheel mounting surface from the WB Short Boss. Was hesitant at first but this thing has held up, cant say how it compares to the WB ball style QR as I have never run that one.

Even though I have total faith at this point in ball lock style quick releases....I still have nightmares about loosing my steering wheel on track, so at some point im going to get a proper racing style spline type QR. Even though they arent as user friendly as the ball style, their peace of mind is priceless.

I run a zero offset (flat dish) steering wheel and I feel it puts my hands slightly farther from the turn signal and washer levers vs stock (slightly closer to the driver). So get the dimensions for the WB QR and compare, but I think it is slightly shorter than the NRG 2.8.

It should be noted that this is all in a car driven with 6pt harnesses and HANS.
The following users liked this post:
heyyouduh (07-06-2018)