Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those w/ J-Spec NISMO Rear Wing

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 08:40 AM
MSGarrett1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those w/ J-Spec NISMO Rear Wing

For those of you out there who purchased and installed a J-spec NISMO rear wing, as opposed to the replicas, I would like to know:

1) What made you choose the J-spec over the replicas? Clearly you were willing to pay more for the product, so was it worth the extra money?

2) Do you know what differences, if any, there are between the yet-to-be-released US-spec NISMO wings and the J-spec NISMO wings?

3) What exactly are the differences between your J-spec NISMO wing and the replicas in terms of materials used? I understand there is some kind of white coating (gel coating?) over the fiberglass on the J-spec NISMO wings?

4) Finally, was it difficult to figure out the proper installation steps w/ the Japanese instructions?

Thanks in advance to those who reply.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:47 PM
rouxeny

I'll address what I can.
1) I didn't like the fit of the replicas, the Nismo one fits pretty well. Not perfect mind you, but nice.

2)Don't know about any differences.

3)There was a white coating on the wing, but I don't really know what the significance of it is. As for other parts, my wing came with some foam "bumpers" to put below the most anterior sweep parts which I have not seen on any replica. The wingtips are not meant to sit directly on the trunk hatch. There's about 0.5 cm of space, which is filled in with the foam inserts. Without them, there's a gap, and possibly a rattle as the wing tip flops up and down. There were also various pieces of tape.

4) I didn't install it, but the place that did seemed to have no problems. I've had the wing for a year or so and it's great.

At this point, I would probably wait for the US spec body kit parts. Of course, I have no idea when they're coming out, but they're supposed to be significantly cheaper than the JDM parts.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:10 PM
MSGarrett1

Originally posted by rouxeny
I'll address what I can.
1) I didn't like the fit of the replicas, the Nismo one fits pretty well. Not perfect mind you, but nice.

2)Don't know about any differences.

3)There was a white coating on the wing, but I don't really know what the significance of it is. As for other parts, my wing came with some foam "bumpers" to put below the most anterior sweep parts which I have not seen on any replica. The wingtips are not meant to sit directly on the trunk hatch. There's about 0.5 cm of space, which is filled in with the foam inserts. Without them, there's a gap, and possibly a rattle as the wing tip flops up and down. There were also various pieces of tape.

4) I didn't install it, but the place that did seemed to have no problems. I've had the wing for a year or so and it's great.

At this point, I would probably wait for the US spec body kit parts. Of course, I have no idea when they're coming out, but they're supposed to be significantly cheaper than the JDM parts.
Thanks for the reply. I found it very helpful.