Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how hard to install second glove box? pics?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 10:35 PM
cwerdna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how hard to install second glove box? pics?

Ok... I did a search for stuff like "second glove box" and "second glove compartment" and got WAY too many hits.

I was just wondefring how hard is it to install a second glove box? I took the door off the panel behind the driver's side and said wow... kinda neat. I found the threads saying that all the parts all together cost $310.

I'm thinking of visiting a junkyard while I'm bored and getting all the pieces. How much would I need to take apart to get the 2nd glove box in there? If it's just a matter of taking off the panel, and metal bracket with the Bose hole and screwing in a few things, I can do it. I'm wary of doing much more than that and screwing something up or introducing rattles/buzzes.

Anyone have a link to the thread w/pics showing both boxes installed? I saw it ages ago but can't find it now.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Alang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a second glove box, but opted not to install the glove box door. It wasn't really obvious how the door attached to the panel, so I just bolted in a glove box and used the stock panel. I have my computer in there. I don't need to get at it very often, so access isn't an issue for me. The second glove box install is a matter of minutes (once you get the interior panel off).

I have seen a picture of a car with two glove box doors, but there was no write up on whats involved with the second door install. It can be done, just not sure how much effort is involved.