Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The New K.I.T.T???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 11:27 AM
ChrisMCagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by UCIgrad
The thing that triggered the idea was a rumor that a new Knight Rider series or movie was going to come out and the z was in the running for KITT's role.
Well, the rumor was true, but as of now the movie is a "No Go". David Haselhoff said that the only way he would make the movie was if Ben Affleck played his son in the movie and assumed the role of the driver of KITT, however Ben Affleck said "Nope" to the offer so the movie is not going to happen (unless someone changes Benny Boy's mind).

-Chris
Old 06-26-2004, 12:22 PM
JasZ

No one shall trash Knight Rider. That and Airwolf were the two best shows ever. I want to see Bonnie with Daisy Duke. Hell ya!

I say do that to the car. Great idea.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:36 PM
1000HP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say if you're gonna go knight rider, go all the way. Don't modify the Z, I think it would be a lot cooler if you actually modified an old trans-am instead. However, the interior would be pretty hip if everything was fully functional. If I saw a modified trans-am on the street, I would be like, "pretty cool," then go back to driving. If I saw that knight rider 350Z, I would say, "man, that's pretty gay." If you can afford a Z, I sure as hell know you can scrounge up some cash for an old trans-am.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:02 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
Well, the rumor was true, but as of now the movie is a "No Go". David Haselhoff said that the only way he would make the movie was if Ben Affleck played his son in the movie and assumed the role of the driver of KITT, however Ben Affleck said "Nope" to the offer so the movie is not going to happen (unless someone changes Benny Boy's mind).

-Chris
Well, in a way I'm glad to hear that.... don't need Affleck to ruin this one too... but still no Knight Rider oh well.... maybe Hasselhoff could consider Dustin Diamond
Old 06-27-2004, 06:33 AM
ChrisMCagle

Originally posted by yobri
Well, in a way I'm glad to hear that.... don't need Affleck to ruin this one too... but still no Knight Rider oh well.... maybe Hasselhoff could consider Dustin Diamond
Well, although Screech definitely has the trademark Hasselhoff afro, I don't see him measuring up to the role.

Wow! I just checked and the website that I designed for a buddy of mine a few years ago is still up. He actually has a "KITT" and was designing body kits that you could buy to make your own. Looking at the site now, I can't believe that I made all that Flash animation and it actually worked. Check it out at www.buildakitt.com

-Chris

Last edited by ChrisMCagle; 06-27-2004 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:40 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

That's cool Chris.... nostalgic for me (the layout) And hey, I was visitor #500! w00t
Old 06-28-2004, 09:12 AM
ChrisMCagle

That's cool Chris.... nostalgic for me (the layout) And hey, I was visitor #500! w00t
Hehehe... thanks. I can't believe that the site is still up. I haven't even talked to him in over a year. I did a little digging around last night and found the original .FLA files that I used for the flash animations. Hmmmm... I may have use for that at some point.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:58 PM
afr0puff

Say what now?

Video of lights in action
Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2004, 09:14 PM
afr0puff

In all honesty, if you can't keep it stealth, don't do it. How do you expect to be taken seriously if you roll up in that? Granted, there are times where you want to make an entrance, but most of the time it would look goofy. Here is what my car looks like 99.9% of the time:

I am a Knight Rider fanatic. I even considered getting an old '82 trans-am and fixing it up to be identical. It just ain't the same on any other car. Why did I get them? For that .1% chance to goof off and have some fun. I have my lights setup to turn on whenever I remote start the car. I also turn them on when I autocross. But on the Z, there isn't a stealthy spot to put them. The grill is to low. But if this won't be your daily driver, then I say go for it. Otherwise, let this just be one of those crazy thoughts you had and not something more.

Last edited by afr0puff; 06-28-2004 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:38 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

So that setup is for real huh (the one seen in your sig)? Wow, props man I love KR too, but evidently not as much as you

If it's not a secret, is it just a simple LED that runs across, or is it something a little more...?
Old 06-29-2004, 07:51 AM
afr0puff

So that setup is for real huh (the one seen in your sig)?
Yup... I just animated it, but here is the original static shot I took with the lights on:

No real secret. I wish I could tell you I did everything myself, but it was a prebuilt "kit' complete with a control box to adjust the speed of the swooshing. Sound effect not included, unfortunately. There's a lot of crazy stuff to be found on ebay.

Here is the "Knight Rider" control box mounted on the side. It has matching LEDs so i know how fast its going from the inside:

Last edited by afr0puff; 06-29-2004 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:03 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

That's cool that you can track the LED speed... this is a mod that I'd really like to to, but I'd have to determine the pinnacle location to put it... might have to be on my beater Civic (black). I know I've always wanted to have the interior console like the show also... especially with a semi-functional Turbo Boost Have any plans for interior buttons that match KITT's?
Old 06-29-2004, 08:22 AM
UCIgrad

Originally posted by 1000HP
Don't modify the Z, I think it would be a lot cooler if you actually modified an old trans-am instead. . . . If you can afford a Z, I sure as hell know you can scrounge up some cash for an old trans-am.
I orginally wanted to have my z for a daily driver and an 82 trans am KITT, however, the costs of building KITT are around 40,000 if you do it right and that is w/o engine rebuilding. (what 82 trans am doesn't need engine rebuilding?) So I thought the z would be a good sub.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:54 AM
shaneotool

I like the blacked out look - but I wouldn't cut a hole in the bumper to mount the light. Maybe hide it at the top of the grill.