Notices
Exterior Body kits, grills, HID kits, etc.

FS: VDI kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 12:17 PM
drivessidewayz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VDI kit

First off, I know these are lambo door hinges. Please refrain from adding stupid comments. If you feel the need to ask if it's a stupid comment chances are it is. Now for the actual item...

Ok, so after having them for 2.5 years I am putting my VDI hinges up for sale. There's nothing wrong with them; I just don't want them anymore. I received many compliments when I had them on from people of all ages. They will come with bolts(not that you really need different ones) and I will email you a pdf file with the actual installation instructions.

If you're asking "can I do this myself?" the answer is "quite possibly". I had never even dreamed of doing this myself until I had to reinstall my own fenders (bad shop. he had my car for two weeks to fix melted paint on the fender and never did **** about it). Since then I've pulled off my fenders and reinstalled them several times (another poorly done paint-related incident). I can tell you there are 13 bolts(if memory serves) holding on each fender. Plus the little black fasteners holding on the plastic in the wheel well and the two covers. The most difficult(or time-consuming) part of it are the two bolts under the sideskirt(awkward angle). But how do you keep the door from falling off when you remove the hinges? Painter's tape.

These kits retail for $1300(last I checked); asking $550 shipped(lower 48) obo for this kit. I'm also throwing in 3" painter's tape and a 1/4" alan wrench.

small pic of when I had them:

Last edited by drivessidewayz; 04-14-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:55 AM
drivessidewayz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump $550 shipped.