Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

This site is going downhill fast!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 08:48 PM
daking350
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This site is going downhill fast!!!

Is it me or is this site becoming infested with internet TROLLS?You know those people who just go around ruining a legitimate thread by picking fights from behind an IP ADDRESS.
I have seen people here with 22 posts and 2 strikes already.Does'nt that tell you something?
Its really bad when people like MAXHAX(who contributed tons of useful information to this site)get BANNED and people like THE_BOUNCER are allowed to keep posting.
I remember when this site was cool and the worst flaming you would get was for asking a question about something before using the search function.Now people out there are just waiting for someone to make the most minute slip,whether it be technical or grammar, and they pounce all over them with sarcastic and hurtful comments..I am guilty of it too lately but its only because the tension here is so high lately it is like you can cut it with a knife. You need to be on guard all the time now!!WTF!! Its cool when someone shoots a little sarcastic comment once and a while but I mean come on people, its getting out of hand. I think some people are just posting and ruining peoples threads for attention. Some people serve NO LEGITIMATE PURPOSE IN LIFE, you know who you are and should just sit back and behave yourself and let the ADULTS have their fun!!!
Alot of the most disrespectful behavior is comming from the NEWBIES (not to be biased or anything just an observation) who have no or little posts to their credit. There is a time when joking around crosses the line.
Like the post about the TWINS was a funny thread and the guys took a hell of a flaming but were good sports about it. I got respect for those guys for that...No one got hurt and the moderators let it go.
I am very guilty of being disrespectful myself and I will apologize to anyone who I may have offended and I am making it a point in the future to not say anything deemed as rude or hurtful..
peace..

Last edited by daking350; 09-08-2003 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:59 PM
The_BOUNCER
Banned

dude, for crying out loud, stop sending me pm's
i do not reply because i don't like u
whats wrong with u
Old 09-08-2003, 09:32 PM
turtles

Default Re: This site is going downhill fast!!!

Originally posted by daking350
Is it me or is this site becoming infested with internet TROLLS?You know those people who just go around ruining a legitimate thread by picking fights from behind an IP ADDRESS.
I have seen people here with 22 posts and 2 strikes already.Does'nt that tell you something?
Its really bad when people like MAXHAX(who contributed tons of useful information to this site)get BANNED and people like THE_BOUNCER are allowed to keep posting.
I remember when this site was cool and the worst flaming you would get was for asking a question about something before using the search function.Now people out there are just waiting for someone to make the most minute slip,whether it be technical or grammar, and they pounce all over them with sarcastic and hurtful comments..I am guilty of it too lately but its only because the tension here is so high lately it is like you can cut it with a knife. You need to be on guard all the time now!!WTF!! Its cool when someone shoots a little sarcastic comment once and a while but I mean come on people, its getting out of hand. I think some people are just posting and ruining peoples threads for attention. Some people serve NO LEGITIMATE PURPOSE IN LIFE, you know who you are and should just sit back and behave yourself and let the ADULTS have their fun!!!
Alot of the most disrespectful behavior is comming from the NEWBIES (not to be biased or anything just an observation) who have no or little posts to their credit. There is a time when joking around crosses the line.
Like the post about the TWINS was a funny thread and the guys took a hell of a flaming but were good sports about it. I got respect for those guys for that...No one got hurt and the moderators let it go.
I am very guilty of being disrespectful myself and I will apologize to anyone who I may have offended and I am making it a point in the future to not say anything deemed as rude or hurtful..
peace..
I don't know the words "does'nt", "Alot", or "comming".

It's a joke!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:06 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you see something wrong, hit report post, we will see it, and corrective action will be taken.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:23 PM
longbowe

Default consider this

what if this thread is a troll? things that make you go hmmmmm
Old 09-09-2003, 04:06 AM
MY350Z.COM

daking350, if there is something wrong and we don't catch it you should let us know.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:25 AM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
daking350, if there is something wrong and we don't catch it you should let us know.
Ther is alot of thing wrong lately.Newbies with 22 post and 2 strikes ruining someones thread, sarcastic comments left and right.Theres just no more order on this site! There used to be alot of technical info and people who are very helpful but it just seems like the more popular this site gets the more TROLLS slip through , looking just to pick chat room brawls.We have all had some good laughs at some other peoples expense(twins), but when I see pics of mentally challenged kids running from a RALLY car(photochop) and A kid in a wheelchair jumping off a roof with the Quote TIMMAY!, I mean come on already. I couldnt even post a pic of my car and my woman without getting insulted.WTF! Can people have any less class? You guys were quick to throw max off the site for nonesense yet some of the other useless pieces of flesh that still patrol these threads are alowed to say whatever they want!Then if you try and argue your point with a moderator Your out!!WTF!
I am just really disgusted with society as a whole lately and this board has become a bunch of KIDS hatin' on people.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:20 AM
ares
Veteran

sarcasm isnt against the rules tho, and what should we do, run around and clean all the threads from anything that might be considered demeaning to someone? forum would get empty quick. but as we said if a specific example comes along, tell us, we cant look at everything, so we might miss it.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:16 AM
tbcz

Be careful what you wish for...

I happen to agree with you as far as the maturity level of a lot of posts on here. It is not, however, a recent phenomenon. You will find it on any board that gets to this size, and it's been going on here for quite some time.

So, do you have some ideas on how we should deal with it? Would you be OK with the mods deciding what posts are appropriate and mature and deleting the others and banning those who post immaturely? That we could do. I have a feeling that there are many who would disagree with that course of action. Are you confident that if I went through your posting history that you wouldn't be one of the ones to go? Like I said, be careful what you wish for...

I would have no problem cracking down on the rude behavior that is displayed here. This site is a far cry from the pleasant, informative venue it was 12-18 months ago, the kind of place that made people want to come here, resulting in its explosive growth into the biggest 350Z site. I think there are some who would scream bloody murder if we had this mandate though.

As it stands right now, however, there are no rules prohibiting stupid posts, or posts by stupid people. All the moderators can do is enforce the current rules as best as we can. If you see a rule being broken, please report it to us. Until such time as it is decided by the powers that be, due to sufficient demand by the members or simply a change in policy, that we will be intolerant of rudeness or stupidity, I'm afraid that we will have to live with the insensitive posts of some.

Not that we won't perhaps crack down a little bit...
Old 09-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by The_BOUNCER
dude, for crying out loud, stop sending me pm's
i do not reply because i don't like u
whats wrong with u
that.... is funny
Old 09-09-2003, 02:56 PM
rouxeny

The maturity level on this board is definitely somewhere at the level of the average grade school.

Sometimes, things are actually funny, but often times, actions simply border or moronic.

As tbcz said, there are no rules against stupid posts or posts by stupid people. The balance is difficult to achieve, and nearly weekly, it seems the feeling on the board goes from too much moderation, to too little.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:04 PM
rouxeny

The situation has been taken care of.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Boomer

Any reason why my next to last post was deleted in the off topic thread on Bush's popularity last night? I would appreciate an answer from the person who did it and the reasons why it was done. Boomer
Old 10-04-2003, 10:45 PM
MY350Z.COM

tis wasn't me!

i don't even read those polital threads.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:18 PM
ares
Veteran

heh no one seems to have deleted it, not that theyve said anyway.

sure you hit submit?

I dont often get into the political threads either.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:51 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Wasn't me. I stay out of those political threads unless something gets reported.