Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

what happened to my for sale thread for a Haltech Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:32 PM
IB Systems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what happened to my for sale thread for a Haltech Platinum?

I posted a for sale thread in the Market Place>Private>Engine earlier today and now it is no where to be found. What happened to it?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:52 PM
IB Systems

Yup, as soon as I posted my question I found the answer in a thread. Already re posted my FS thread, thanks for the quick reply!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

Mine was deleted too. I didn't know I had to have a piece of paper w/ the screen name or such. but I did have a picture. Now I know.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Jeff92se

Oh FWIW, I might help if there less than 2-4 threads in the classifieds section that have titles pertaining to rules about posting.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Jeff92se

I know which it is NOW. I wish I didn't have to dig though this to get to it:

Announcement: New Marketplace Rule To Be Strictly Enforced - Effective Immediately!
04-12-2009 3hree5ive0ero (- A d m i n i s t r a t o r -)
Views: 403 Announcement: **NEW rule for posting FS threads in the classifieds** MUST READ!!!!
04-11-2009 ZU L8R (Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM)
Views: 2,785 Announcement: READ FIRST: Rules regarding Private Classifieds
01-30-2008 USN HM 350Z (Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM)
Old 05-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Jeff92se

Good thing the rule I broke wasn't an older one that's buried in the other 3 for sale rule threads.

Of course you know where to find it, you helped organize/had to refer to it xx times. Like I said I know NOW where it is but... oh forget it. I sold it already anyway.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:39 PM
koren

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is gone also. But the problem is not to take a picture with the paper slip; the problem is to write the whole thing and host all of the pictures again = big waste of time. Instead, moderators could have notified sellers to add the picture within 24 hours and if that didn't happen, remove the post. However, moderators didn't care too much about our time, so they decided to simply remove the posts.
By the way, there still posts with no pictures at all in the thread, like this one - https://my350z.com/forum/interior/40...-subframe.html
and it seems like nobody cares about that. At least I had some pictures in mine.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:40 PM
koren

Originally Posted by dave079
If you dont like it you can leave and you and your 19 posts will not be missed.
That`s nice for a newbie to hear that from administration...
Perhaps it's time to change the car...
Old 05-05-2009, 07:37 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Sorry the rules have been changed for weeks now. There are a couple that get by us but are few. You report them and we take them down. Simple as that. We gave people the time to find out about it. We don't have to send a pm to every member that doesn't post a picture and follow rules. Do you realize how much time that would take? Do you know how much time we actually spend trying to enforce rules around here for all of your safety?

If you dont like it you can leave and you and your 19 posts will not be missed.
I agree. I spend at least 2 hrs a day cleaning up the classified section. The new rules were discused in this section(feedback/suggestion) and there is an announcement in every section with the new rules, at the top. A deadline was given, and we intend on enforcing it. You don't like it, too bad. Get with the program like everyone else instead of crying about it. What we're doing here is for the benefit of the community, to cut down on the scamming, so don't act like you won't benefit from it. If you lost $50 to a scammer for a shift ****, you'd be crying that we didn't do more to protect you guys...

Originally Posted by koren
We aren't here to hold your hand and baby sit. You're a grown man...
Old 05-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848
I agree. I spend at least 2 hrs a day cleaning up the classified section. The new rules were discused in this section(feedback/suggestion) and there is an announcement in every section with the new rules, at the top. A deadline was given, and we intend on enforcing it. You don't like it, too bad. Get with the program like everyone else instead of crying about it. What we're doing here is for the benefit of the community, to cut down on the scamming, so don't act like you won't benefit from it. If you lost $50 to a scammer for a shift ****, you'd be crying that we didn't do more to protect you guys...

LOL

Get em VO!!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:46 PM
jubes

Originally Posted by vo7848

Val, Dave and the other considerate moderators have been leanient on this for the past month of april posts. And like they have said, it's posted at the top by Chris (3hree5ive0ero) one of the admins... its not hard to see it because its the first thing you see when you scroll down to actually create a new thread.

Even though you are new, does not exclude you from following certain website or forum rules in application to selling a product within their site. Ebay has rules you must abide by and even Craigslist has rules within their sales area (hell they even give people browsing ads a chance to flag inappropriate posts, which signals an admin immediately...)

In all cases, you should be happy that they are doing their job because of all the scamming that has been unfortunately happening in our forum. The scamming doesn't just affect the buyer, it has been affecting vendors and sellers as well... Koren, if you want proof of how many unfortunate people have been screwed, type in "scam" in search, and I bet you'll come up with a couple of pages of threads, which probably have 10-15 pages of comments each, and you'll probably find my thread as well because I was one of those unfortunate people. Granted my situation was minute compared to others here being ripped $3k+ (search "theblackpearlZ", you'll have a ball of a time reading that thread).

The mods here are friendly and laid back... and at one point just regular members as you are right now... so be happy they are being proactive, instead of being just not there at all.

(Can I be a moderator now? LMAO! jk)
Old 05-06-2009, 01:09 PM
jubes

Thanks man. 99% of people have been very accepting of what we have done. I hate when new people come here and try to tell us how to run a forum correctly after being here for such a limited amount of time. At one point a few weeks back we were having 5-7 scams per week where people were getting screwed. Since this new program has been instated we haven't seen one. Will some get by the new system? Yes. But this should curb almost all of the scams.
Dude, seriously LOL.. I remember signing on and searching through new threads and I would notice new threads of scams popping up. I was like "WTF! damn might as well start a "I got screwed with a scam" section..."

TheBlackPearlZ thread was the worst one, IMO... I still don't know what happened to that guy. No one reported if the case was closed, or was even started.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:13 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by koren
If you are going to "change the car" because of something an admin in a forum said to you, then you are by far one of the dumbest people I have ever heard of.

Quick Reply: what happened to my for sale thread for a Haltech Platinum?