Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

WTF is this My350z movie pop up

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 AM
kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848
I do not believe it's anything for we, as Mods, to figure out sir. I believe it's more of finding the right software to add on to your browser to effectively block the ads. I use Internet Explorer on my work PC. I'm really not sure what software and add-on pop-up blockers my company utilizes, but they seem to be pretty effective with regards to the movie pop-ups. I get one from time to time though. I can tell you if you purchase a Premier Memebership package, alot of the hyperlinks and ads are blocked automatically. It's one of the perks of becoming a Premier Member...
Sorry bud, but If this is an issue that is happening between mac and pc I find it hard to believe it has something to do with adding software to my browser I search tons of sites each day and never have an issue. Further more it is asinine for a person to pay for a premier membership to fix this problem that the site is causing, I can pay to get a prostitute and I can pay to get a condom no guarantee the condom will stop me from catching something so how do I know by becoming a premier member it will stop the issue?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Hydralisk

I do not believe it's anything for we, as Mods, to figure out sir.
I think he means since IB is your boss, you should talk to them because you have the closest relationship.

I had the same problem too but I forgot what I did to fix it, or maybe IB is fixing it? IE here.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:17 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by kennedy
so how do I know by becoming a premier member it will stop the issue?
It WILL NOT resolve it. Happens to me about once a day.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:24 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydralisk
I think he means since IB is your boss, you should talk to them because you have the closest relationship.

I had the same problem too but I forgot what I did to fix it, or maybe IB is fixing it? IE here.
Yes sir, we Mods, have voiced our opinion numerous times to IB. Be assure sir, we do report all the site issues that members have concerns with. All we can relay back is what information we are provided with, by IB staff.

I'm not a big software guru, so I usually pass on tech/software information I receive from more knowledgeable people. Fortunately I have I.T. personnel at my company that maintains my PC, which gives me manageable service on the site. Never the less, I do experience problems such as what you gents are experiencing? I do report these issues as well, and put faith in our IB techs, that the issues get resolved.

As far as the PM membership is concerned, again, I'm not a guru, but I do browse the site occasionally without logging on. I do see a difference in site layout between the two. I was just throwing t out there, definitely not a sales pitch.

As far as the pop-up ads and such, that is out of my control, as I have no say so in marketing/advertising decisions.

To the gentleman who expressed his views on Premier Membership. As stated previously, it's not a guarantee that the purchasing of the PM package will solve your issues, but it may alleviate some. One thing we must understand, is that this site is a business. Advertising comes with the territory. It also generates revenue. This is a challenge that will not go away entirely. However, I will bring it to IB's attention and see if anything can be done to disable the feature in question...
Old 01-09-2010, 01:30 PM
JEKL

VO is the man!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:48 PM
AstroZombie

Yeah I didn't mean "you" specifically had to take care of it. Sorry if it came across that way. I don't mind the occasional pop-up, but when it locks up my computer it gets annoying. It has only been doing it for a month or so, and nothing has changed with my software, thats what I meant about saying maybe the mods can fix it. Anyway, thanks for letting the bossman in the loop, and it hasn't been happening as often recently. Thanks!!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:29 AM
VO...
Administrator

Default Update:

Sent inquiry to IB...
Old 01-11-2010, 11:45 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Val
Old 01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
kennedy

Yes sir, we Mods, have voiced our opinion numerous times to IB. Be assure sir, we do report all the site issues that members have concerns with. All we can relay back is what information we are provided with, by IB staff.

I'm not a big software guru, so I usually pass on tech/software information I receive from more knowledgeable people. Fortunately I have I.T. personnel at my company that maintains my PC, which gives me manageable service on the site. Never the less, I do experience problems such as what you gents are experiencing? I do report these issues as well, and put faith in our IB techs, that the issues get resolved.

As far as the PM membership is concerned, again, I'm not a guru, but I do browse the site occasionally without logging on. I do see a difference in site layout between the two. I was just throwing t out there, definitely not a sales pitch.

As far as the pop-up ads and such, that is out of my control, as I have no say so in marketing/advertising decisions.

To the gentleman who expressed his views on Premier Membership. As stated previously, it's not a guarantee that the purchasing of the PM package will solve your issues, but it may alleviate some. One thing we must understand, is that this site is a business. Advertising comes with the territory. It also generates revenue. This is a challenge that will not go away entirely. However, I will bring it to IB's attention and see if anything can be done to disable the feature in question...
Sorry if I came across, as a jackass I know its not your fault. It was a rough day that day I posted and felt like being a smart *** hopefully there was no harm done sorry again.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:02 AM
IB Adrian
IB Staff

Hey - those "movie ads" should only appear when your mouse hovers over an ad.

It was not a feature added by us, and to the best of my knowledge it has been on the site since it has commenced.
Being a Premium Member does reduce the number of ads you see (you don't see the intext ads for example), but if your mouse moves onto a banner ad (the ones at the bottom and the top of the page, it may expand out.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:56 AM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off all I have been on this site with my work PC sence I started here and this started happening about a week or two prior to this thread. I know it is from the banner on the top and bottom but fast scrolling does trigger it. This is a forum and not the bomb squad. I should not be destroyed when moving my mouse the wrong way.

Not saying the mods did this but I and EVERYONE knows they can not put up any add Ythey" want where ever "they" please as "they" seem fit. Some where the owner/managers of the site allow it.

I keep tring to come back but now find myself on every other Z forum cept this one as this only happens here. Odd how there forums did not sell out to banner jackers.
Attached Thumbnails WTF is this My350z movie pop up-my350zfailed.jpg  

Last edited by robbinsj; 01-14-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:03 PM
IB Adrian
IB Staff

That is an error in an ad banner that is hosted by someone else, and probably served through google or another advertising provider.
We will try to find it and block it.

Thankyou for bringing it to our attention
Old 01-14-2010, 01:13 PM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you
Old 01-14-2010, 02:22 PM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NP man, tyvm for looking into it. Drives me crazy.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:02 PM
VO...
Administrator

VO...
Old 01-15-2010, 01:10 PM
GHOST1207

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
That is an error in an ad banner that is hosted by someone else, and probably served through google or another advertising provider.
We will try to find it and block it.

Thankyou for bringing it to our attention
Thank you for fixing for, I do not have anymore problems now.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Hydralisk

I get it RARELY.. its some camaro flash ad. not the cheap looking text one.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:41 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Ok....at first I was not too upset with this error, but in the last 2 days I can't go 3 mins on this site without this popping up and locking my browser.....this needs MORE attention than it is getting. As stated previously, it only happens on this site, and many others carry the same "google" ad bars.......without issue.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Hydralisk

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
Ok....at first I was not too upset with this error, but in the last 2 days I can't go 3 mins on this site without this popping up and locking my browser.....this needs MORE attention than it is getting. As stated previously, it only happens on this site, and many others carry the same "google" ad bars.......without issue.
O yea? In that case, IB please keep the errors. We dont need ethugs clogging this place up.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydralisk
O yea? In that case, IB please keep the errors. We dont need ethugs clogging this place up.
I'd rather have e-thugs to pick on, than have a sh*tty forum to come to.

Quick Reply: WTF is this My350z movie pop up