Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Need help installing J&S safeguard...cant find cylinder 4 wires

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 05:23 AM
zcar03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help installing J&S safeguard...cant find cylinder 4 wires

I just started the install on the J&s and ran into 2 problems:

1. There are two wires with the color yellow/red....I assume yellow/red means all yellow with a red stripe

2. I can not find the green/yellow wire corresponding to cyclinder 4. There are no wirs from the ECU Right near the battery that are green with a yellow stripe. I looked at the coil on cylinder four and the wires there are gray,black, and mellow yellow with a blue stripe. I cant find the mellow yellow and blue stripe in the harness. Any help would be great even pics of the install at the ECU harness. I used the following directions

directions
Old 02-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

zcar, you should reference the ECU pin diagrams when doing this type of wiring. Its not uncommon for the wire colors to be incorrect in the various aftermarket parts instruction manauls. Same thing happened with the Greddy TT kit and it drove everyone mad.

Best thing is to get the service manual with ECU pin location, and trace the actual wire back. That is the only way to know for sure that you are tapping the correct wire...its a total rats nest back there.

Email me if you need the diagrams. I have them on my puter.

sharif@forgedinternals.com
Old 02-19-2005, 10:45 AM
zcar03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I finished the install this morning and just joined the emanage yahoo group. All the colors that they said were unique esxcept the yellow/red (I traced). So I guess I have to keep my fingers crossed now. Ill probably go back and test each wire with a digital voltmeter. Test the voltage with turn key then disconnect the wire and make sure that it goes to 0. Diodes only need to be done on units older than 8/04 .