Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Turbonetics ST Install Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 02:39 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
I chose to go with the AEM Wideband 02 and the Autometer Sport-Comp electronic boost gauge. The boost gauge is like MIA's, with a 15psi range. It's got a black face and silver bezel, and matches up perfectly. I'll post pics when they're installed.
Ahhh my young F/Iers are all grown up....LOL
Old 05-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Phatmitzu

Its a ball bearing turbo??
Old 05-31-2005, 05:27 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
Its a ball bearing turbo??
Ceramic ball bearing. Yesser.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:08 PM
GQ 350z

Could I use a different bov if I wanted? Would I need a different flange?

ravi
Old 05-31-2005, 07:19 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by GQ 350z
Could I use a different bov if I wanted? Would I need a different flange?

ravi
That BOV sounds awesome, don't see why you'd need to change it...
Old 05-31-2005, 07:26 PM
GQ 350z

I guess the vids dont do it justice...just making conversation ahah.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Peking

Yeah the turbo definitely is beefy. Where did you order yours from? Did it come directly from Turbonetics? They sent out the latest batch last week and most haven't received the kits yet. Was yours complete?

Grats and good luck with the kit.

EDIT: nice, missed the pics while I was posting.
Intense Motorsports, I know some have said they have had negative experiences but mine has been very well. Infact enough for me to order everything from them. I don't know how they got their hands on a kit, esp. to ship to me so quickly.

Also touching up on the complete part, I honestly just opened the box and looked a little and to take some pics. I won't get into opening all the boxes ans such until install weekend. Hopefully I won't be missing anything, but if I am I should be able to find what I need or ask someone to ship it

Oh and thanks along with wishing you luck as well with hopefully a successful install, and glad I started out big this time. Last car to much time and effort on basic bolt-ons and little improvements.

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
FYI... the 60-1 is actually not a T3/t4 hybrid. It is more of a T4/huge compressor hybrid. The All 60-1s use a T4 turbine section and a customer compressor section. Text from Turbonetics webpage...

Representing the careful marriage of a unique high flow/high efficiency compressor section teamed up with a T4 turbine section the 60-1 has proven itself in every competitive motorsport application from drag racing to bonneville. Available with either the standard (4” inlet, 2.5” discharge) compressor housing or the 60-1 HI-FI ( 2 3/4” inlet, 2” discharge) compressor housing, the 60-1 will outflow any standard T04B with ease! (The 60-1 HI-FI will deliver approximately 90-95% of the flow capacity of the standard 60-1.)
Sorry was posting quickly and copying and pasting (hence why I had exhaust pics in my post, didn't mean to and didn't check it after posting until now).

Very good to know MIA, so when someone asks me I know what to say
Old 05-31-2005, 07:41 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is anyone else using GReddy guages? I've heard they are nice guages that match the interior nicely. I was planning on the GReddy Boost and EGT guages in an autometer dual-guage pod. When budget permits, I'll purchase a WB O2 and upgrade to the the 3-guage pod, but I wanted to get opinions on the GReddy.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:44 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by kcobean
Is anyone else using GReddy guages? I've heard they are nice guages that match the interior nicely. I was planning on the GReddy Boost and EGT guages in an autometer dual-guage pod. When budget permits, I'll purchase a WB O2 and upgrade to the the 3-guage pod, but I wanted to get opinions on the GReddy.
I sorta like to keep brands grouped, or as much as I can. So meaning if I got the TT Greddy kit, I would have gotten the Greddy gauges. Or like if I got a HKS exhaust I would have preffered the HKS supercharger kit.

But since I went with the Turbonetics, kinda left me open to whatever brand (sounds strange I know) so I went with the DEFI gauges though I do not limit myself to something I will need or could really use. So I too also went with the AEM UEGO.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:50 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Peking
I sorta like to keep brands grouped, or as much as I can. So meaning if I got the TT Greddy kit, I would have gotten the Greddy gauges. Or like if I got a HKS exhaust I would have preffered the HKS supercharger kit.

But since I went with the Turbonetics, kinda left me open to whatever brand (sounds strange I know) so I went with the DEFI gauges though I do not limit myself to something I will need or could really use. So I too also went with the AEM UEGO.
I'm with you. I have the GReddy EVO2 exhaust (which is going to be hacked up in about a week!) and I have heard good things about the guages, so I figured I'd go that route.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:52 PM
xxlbeerZ

I had the Greddy's in my other car, I liked them a lot, though they don't read standard.

I think for the money the Defi BF system is a better choice. (About the same price, just add $115 for the controller).
Old 05-31-2005, 07:55 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
I had the Greddy's in my other car, I liked them a lot, though they don't read standard.

I think for the money the Defi BF system is a better choice. (About the same price, just add $115 for the controller).
What do you mean they don't read standard? Can you clarify that one for me? Thanks!
Old 05-31-2005, 07:59 PM
Gman2004

What do you mean they don't read standard? Can you clarify that one for me? Thanks!
Maybe they are in metric and not psi.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Gman2004

Be careful with those greddy gauges....they might blow up your motor. lol
Old 05-31-2005, 08:01 PM
xxlbeerZ

Yes, I guess Imperial would have been a better word.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:06 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Be careful with those greddy gauges....they might blow up your motor. lol
Bwaaahaaahaaaaa....You funny man!!!

Seriously though, I think looking at GReddy's website, the "non-standard" comment was in regards to the fact that the boost guage reads in bars, not PSI, which is fine with me. That conversion is automatic in my head.

The EGT guage reads in Fahrneheit, not Celsius, so I'm good there.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:52 PM
Phatmitzu

Ceramic ball bearing. Yesser.
Sawweeet!
Damn my paychecks arent coming in fast enough!
Old 06-01-2005, 12:23 AM
Speed Dreams

The reflash is all I need. I don't plan on pushing it past stock boost, and the only other performance mods I plan doing anytime soon are Clutch/Flywheel and maybe the Kinetix SSV. From what I understand the ECU should be able to adjust for the manifold. I'm going to let Speed Dreams test that theory, though.
When Kenetix catches up after their intial group buy purchase we will be sent an SSV to test on the SDM 350Z. I hope to have results in a few weeks.

Congrats Taurran, good luck with the install. I give you two weeks with the stock setup before you want more power...LOL I do for sure.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:39 AM
taurran

Thanks Tripp. I'm going to try to control myself and not upgrade for a while. I think I need a clutch/flywheel combo before more power.

And as for all of the Defi gauges, they are measured in Bar and that's another big reason I didn't go for them. I mainly went with the autometer cause its in PSI, only goes up to 15PSI so easier to read, and matches the color scheme of the car.

I'm heading into the shop in about an hour to check out the start of the install. Hopefully I will be there to get some good pics. I'm going to sit in for about 3 hours but unfortunately I have to go to work at 1pm today. It's our busiest day of the month so I couldn't get off today. I'll try to get as many pics as time allows.

The big question today, is will the kit fit on my aftermarket headers. It should, but I'm the only one that has installed this with them so far to my knowledge. I'll be very relieved once I know if it fits. Regadless, if it needs to be adjusted I'll probably have the shop alter the downpipe slightly so it does fit. I'd rather pay for a little fabrication than a whole other header install.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:06 AM
AxionF117

I think I've asked this 1000x but wheres the G35 kit?

Quick Reply: My Turbonetics ST Install Thread