Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit--Reliability update

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 04:25 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit--Reliability update

Well with everyone going F/I these days I know one of the questions that came up a lot at Turbonetics Open House Yesterday is how reliable the kit was. It also seems that a lot of people PM me with the same question. Well seeing as how I hit a sort of big milestone I thought I'd share. As of this weekend I have 10,500 miles on my car with the Turbonetics kit. 30,500 total. To date I have not had a single issue related to the turbo kit. Other mods to the car are Apexi WS2 exhaust, Nismo diff and cover, B&G springs, SPC camber arms and toe bolts, Cusco A arms, Blitz upper radiator hose, Nismo radiator cap, Hotchkis sways, Crown SS clutch line, Hawk pads, Mossy Short Shifter. Now as far as how my car has been driven. The first 1,500-2,500 miles with the turbo kit on my car were nothing short of brutal. My car was flogged repeatedly for testing purposes. No less then 15 dyno pulls were done during kit testing. Immediately following my car was brought to the Sport Z turbo shootout. The car was driven for almost 2 hours back to back to back by the editors who I can tell you from looking at my EGts, and fluid temps, drove the living hell out of those cars. After that it got thrown on the dyno for 2 pulls. After that my car got beat on for another week or two as I decided to see how far it would go. Still, no issues. Since then the car has been driven daily. Every day 5 days a week I drive 30 miles for work. And usually on the way home or on the weekends the car gets driven HARD. protocav, JimRHIT, g35PM, and pretty much anyone else from the SD crew can tell you that I do not baby my car at all. I race damn near anyone I see on the freeway worth racing. I've lined up with anything from a fully built Mustang to a twin turbo GS430 (Yeah I couldn't believe it either). To date the only thing that has ever happened to my car is that the thermostat (stock) failed on me. I pulled it out and have no issues since. Hope that helps. 10,500 miles and still kickin...
Old 09-25-2005, 04:48 PM
DrRick

i wanna know more about the TT GS430............
Old 09-25-2005, 05:10 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by DrRick
i wanna know more about the TT GS430............
Some guy from out here in SD...Not sure who he was really. We raced on the freeway. I heard a blow off next to me one night and the only car around was this GS430. I look at him and next thing I hear is turbos spooling and we're off. A friend at work said he knew the guy. Twin GT somethings making 450~ to the wheels...
Old 09-25-2005, 05:17 PM
sigsauer87

so did you beat the gs430? That must have been a site to see...
Old 09-25-2005, 05:23 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On topic....Thanks for the Update MIA.....that's great to hear. I'm really getting comfortable with my kit these days and it sucks getting into anything with less power (the 4-cyl Ford Probe is especially painful! ) It's nice to know that this kit is holding up so well.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:27 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man i cannot wait. mia tell greg at mossy to get my kit shipped asap. lol.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Z PHAT Z

Well I'm very happy with the T-netics kit. My car is daily driven as it's my only car. I've been raced and driving it hard after 200 miles turbo break in LOL. Went to the 1/4 track, did some highway pulls, and just did 8 hours trip 2 weeks ago. Everything seems to be really good. At first i'm kinda paranoid about the turbo with stock block, but now...it seems like an NA car . Never have anything problem at all ( knock on wood ). It's un-tune, just a re-flash ECU.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:23 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you've probably already talked about this but i can't recall, has your kit been tuned beyond the normal reflash or not?
Old 09-25-2005, 07:58 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by hndumafia
you've probably already talked about this but i can't recall, has your kit been tuned beyond the normal reflash or not?
No one on these forums has installed this kit with any alternate form of engine management. A few members have this in the works, however, and are going to be running the Emanage Ultimate very soon. I look forward to the results.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:02 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well i know he just has the ecu flash, but i was wondering if his car was fine tuned by technosquare, or is the reflash he has the same as the reflash everyone else gets?
Old 09-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hndumafia
well i know he just has the ecu flash, but i was wondering if his car was fine tuned by technosquare, or is the reflash he has the same as the reflash everyone else gets?
Just for the record, Turbonetics does the flashing of the ECUs.

I think his car has been fine tuned on the dyno at Turbonetics, but i'm not sure.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:20 PM
g35pm

Rob's car is the T'netics kit out of the box, no tuning. His ECU has the T'netics flash, that's it. I think he just dyno'd to verify hp numbers and A/F.

Yes, Rob runs his car hard. He even let me get behind the wheel and beat it up a little. His car idles quieter than mine! I'm convinced. My kit is on order.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:22 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mia...Glad to hear your car is running great . Im really surprised that T-Netics hasn't come out with a TT set up . They would sell the chit out of them . With the problems that are hit and mis with that other kit ,and thier , buy this , buy that , to fix the problems . The boost fall off as you go to redline that most buyers didnt know about , with both thier kits . Any plans for T-netics coming out with a TT set up ?
Old 09-26-2005, 05:35 AM
SvR350z

Im wondering if your car will make it to 100,000 miles or more without any issues and this kit being installed.
Thats something id like to know is how much this kit will hurt the lifespan of the cars engine if at all.
I wouldnt mind getting one of these kits but I wont do it before my car is out of warrenty and thats going to be awhile.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:16 AM
k3silk

After reading all this stuff about SC and the problems they are having with belts and not being able to get the info that i wanted. I have decided to go with T-netics kit it seems good for the money and that re flash seems to work well i geuss i will be going turbo again hope it dont bite me in the ***.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:06 AM
arlingtonz

Originally Posted by kcobean
On topic....Thanks for the Update MIA.....that's great to hear. I'm really getting comfortable with my kit these days and it sucks getting into anything with less power (the 4-cyl Ford Probe is especially painful! ) It's nice to know that this kit is holding up so well.
Kelly, did the AF finally smooth out?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:15 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arlingtonz
Kelly, did the AF finally smooth out?
She's still running a bit rich, but with 370 RWHP and 370 Tq, I can't complain too much. Safe is safe. I've got plans to fix it though, it's just a matter of time.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:18 AM
arlingtonz

Definitely some nice numbers Mr. Cobean...very interested in what else you may have planned for the beast.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:27 AM
lucidazn

Damn it..... I'm still waiting on the release of the T-netics kit for the G35. I've put my down payment since the beginning of August with Avalon Racing. Their customer service is awesome. I've been bugging them day in day out and all they have been was just helpful. Hopefully it'll come out soon.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:18 AM
MIAPLAYA

My car was used to create the flash that all other 04s use. So now mine has not been fine tuned so to speak. It is the base flash as applied to all other cars.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit--Reliability update