Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Single Turbo Kit by Eternal Motorsports for the G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 06:18 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work Damen, the more kits the better.

Yeah the GT35R is alot more expensive over here, but its a better turbo.

Last edited by mchapman; 09-26-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:21 PM
damen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
When does full boost come on with this custom ST kit?
looking at the dyno graph it hits 8.94lbs psi. at 4250 rpm. it's hitting 8lbs. at around 3350.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:23 PM
damen

Originally Posted by Rayden2001
Not towards you....the price of the kit.
that's not going to be the street price. so what you get it's not a bad price at all.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:25 PM
damen

Originally Posted by Alberto
Oh ok, lol.

BTW Damen I just noticed you are in MD. I would love to check your set-up out. This fall/winter Ill be installing my ST, afterwords maybe we can meet up and film some runs

yeah we can hook up sometime. just let me know when. i'm in southern md. waldorf to be exact. i'm trying to make the AAM meet this weekend.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Bullitproof

my family lives in waldorf, down by st. charles mall!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 06:51 PM
damen

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
my family lives in waldorf, down by st. charles mall!!!
you got it
Old 09-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Cronic

Originally Posted by damen
sorry about the graph i'll try and see what i can do.
Cant wait!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:06 PM
k3silk

where is the meet this weekend i may show up i live 109 mins from aam so it would be nice if it is there i can get a chance to see these kits in person then i will be able to decide which one to get but as of now i think im getting the T-nit ST kit
Old 09-27-2005, 06:51 AM
taurran

The kit looks nice, but it's just a direct copy of the turbonetics kit using different components. It's all custom and I doubt they have the resources to produce these as Turbonetics does. Hence, the price...
Old 09-27-2005, 06:59 AM
damen

Originally Posted by taurran
The kit looks nice, but it's just a direct copy of the turbonetics kit using different components. It's all custom and I doubt they have the resources to produce these as Turbonetics does. Hence, the price...

well i'm not here to compare one to another and state one is better than the other. just because the turbo placement is in the same location don't think the Eternal Motorsports copied from Turbonetics.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:22 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by damen
well i'm not here to compare one to another and state one is better than the other. just because the turbo placement is in the same location don't think the Eternal Motorsports copied from Turbonetics.
Huh? Don't you mean the turbo placement, intake piping, bov placement, and MAF placement? I'm assuming because the turbo sits in the same location and is oriented similar that the piping is routed in a similar manner.

But who knows, maybe it's just that great minds think alike?
Old 09-27-2005, 08:35 AM
damen

Huh? Don't you mean the turbo placement, intake piping, bov placement, and MAF placement? I'm assuming because the turbo sits in the same location and is oriented similar that the piping is routed in a similar manner.

yeah i guess so.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:54 AM
theking

On the Z/G these are the only places that make sense. So I wouldn't call it copying. I just wish that the single turbo kits would put the maf pre-turbo cause this would help with proper metering. I guess their just isn't a place for it although you could make a harness extension and put it down by the filter.

Old 09-27-2005, 10:56 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by theking
On the Z/G these are the only places that make sense. So I wouldn't call it copying. I just wish that the single turbo kits would put the maf pre-turbo cause this would help with proper metering. I guess their just isn't a place for it although you could make a harness extension and put it down by the filter.
Funny you mention that...lets just say that Turbonetics is working on something just like that...
Old 09-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Cronic

That is weird. Most other cars with pre turbo maf go to a blow through set-up. With it pre turbo you get alot of stumbling/stalling issues from turbulance, unless you put a good deal of space between the maf and the turbo.. Also i am not sure how metering is better pre turbo? The maf right before the TB is metering the air going into the motor, and also having the maf after the BOV helps. When it is pre bov, and the bov vents meterd air is getting vented, and will cause a rich stumble.

Lastly if the ic pipes blow off with pre turbo maf the car will die, if it is in the charge pipe it will still run.

Dave-

Last edited by Cronic; 09-27-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:13 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Cronic
That is weird. Most other cars with pre turbo maf go to a blow through set-up. With it pre turbo you get alot of stumbling/stalling issues from turbulance, unless you put a good deal of space between the maf and the turbo.. Also i am not sure how metering is better pre turbo? The maf right before the TB is metering the air going into the motor, and also having the maf after the BOV helps. When it is pre bov, and the bov vents meterd air is getting vented, and will cause a rich stumble.

Lastly if the ic pipes blow off with pre turbo maf the car will die, if it is in the charge pipe it will still run.

Dave-
True but unfortunately the MAF on our car freaks out above 4.89 volts.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:14 AM
theking

The MAF would have to be a good distance from the turbo like where most filters are on the single turbo kits are now, to get rid of the turbulence. So that is not really a problem. Most cars with pre turbo maf's go to speed density systems such as the HKS VPC or Map Ecu. Pre-turbo metering is better because pressurized(boost) air is not metered as accurately as atmospheric air. The stumble would be taken car of by a recirculating blowoff valve. If the intercooler hose blows off the car barely runs no matter the placement of the maf. Trust me it happened a bunch of times before I went to T-bolt clamps.
With it pre turbo you get alot of stumbling/stalling issues from turbulance, unless you put a good deal of space between the maf and the turbo.. Also i am not sure how metering is better pre turbo? The maf right before the TB is metering the air going into the motor, and also having the maf after the BOV helps. When it is pre bov, and the bov vents meterd air is getting vented, and will cause a rich stumble.

Dave-
Old 09-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Cronic

The MAF would have to be a good distance from the turbo like where most filters are on the single turbo kits are now, to get rid of the turbulence. So that is not really a problem. Most cars with pre turbo maf's go to speed density systems such as the HKS VPC or Map Ecu. Pre-turbo metering is better because pressurized(boost) air is not metered as accurately as atmospheric air. The stumble would be taken car of by a recirculating blowoff valve. If the intercooler hose blows off the car barely runs no matter the placement of the maf. Trust me it happened a bunch of times before I went to T-bolt clamps.
What kind of maf volts are these TT St cars pulling? In pressurized air the maf will read a bit higher volts, but if your car is tuned that way it isnt going to matter unless you max it out.

In the evo, subie realms we have found much better driveability with blow through maf's. Our 35r cars had a lot of driveability problems before going blow through. It is weird how some cars are fighting to get away from pre turbo mafs, and others are going for it.lol On my evo for one it will want to stall when coming to a light, etc. I am going to go blow through on it, but it is not as simple as doing a blow through on the subie.

I would not want to run a recirq bov, a nice tial would do for me

What is the diameter of the maf housing used?

Last edited by Cronic; 09-27-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:30 AM
MIAPLAYA

What kind of maf volts are these TT St cars pulling? In pressurized air the maf will read a bit higher volts, but if your car is tuned that way it isnt going to matter.

I would not want to run a recirq bov, a nice tial would do for me

What is the diameter of the maf housing used?
At 10 PSI the voltage is IIRC about 4.7 volts. So theres not much more room for growth. When the MAF sees above 4.89 volts it freaks the ECU and it goes into limp mode. No code but the car must be cycled to run properly. Of course variables are at work here such as ambient pressure etc. Now this is only important if you use a ECU reflash as the primary management choice. That being said most of the piggybacks should (I know the Emanage does) have a option to clamp the MAF voltage and run the fuel system and timing diregarding true MAF input. This is another option that can be explored. A MAP sensor would be great but then a full tuning session would be in order. Running the MAF pre-turbo would change all this especially if as mentioned it was run at the air filter. Now the issue then will arise as to what do you do with a BOV that vents to atmosphere. Well there are several units which can compensate for the metered air being released and prevent a rich stumble. S-AFC comes to mind right away. Of course if this could be programmed into the ECU it would work the same way. Say a small fuel decrease when the throttle plate closes and a increase in fuel at TPS input voltage rise. That I will leave for someone much more skilled then I to figure out. Or of course a recirc of the BOV would also prevent this.

Eidt furthermore the issue arises as to what you do with twin inlets such as in the case of a twin turbo kit. Do you create one intake tube and run it through the MAF then split it to the two compressor inlets? These are all things that must be addressed of course in order for this to work.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:35 AM
theking

I can max it out below 4000rpms. It reads 5.115v at max.

What kind of maf volts are these TT St cars pulling? In pressurized air the maf will read a bit higher volts, but if your car is tuned that way it isnt going to matter unless you max it out.