Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 07:21 AM
wilric44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VRT keep action speaks louder than words. I am sure that when I come back from my deployment that I will have no reason, not to ship my car down to your location. I wish I didnt have to go now. Let your work speak for itself. Sought of like the 350Z, it does not need an advertisement to sell.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:52 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by wilric44
VRT keep action speaks louder than words. I am sure that when I come back from my deployment that I will have no reason, not to ship my car down to your location. I wish I didnt have to go now. Let your work speak for itself. Sought of like the 350Z, it does not need an advertisement to sell.
Thanks, You got it, Be safe!!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:09 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Oleg
The intelligence level of the forum is sinking quicker that Bush's ratings. Now a simple misspelling of a car brand is enough of a reason to call someone a fake and etc... May you are typing very slowly, keeping perfect grammar and punctuation while running the spell check ten times over and consulting thesaurus for everything, but you know, if one types 20-30 words a minute its easy to have a slipon 2 words that sound alike. I make this mistake all the time. The word "infinity", after all, is much older then "infiniti". This is not hard to overlook.
Now, as per this never ending argument, I will have to side with VRT on this issue. Either take a trip to San Diego and come back with real proof that they are a bunch of jackasses or relax, even if they are not serious, then why is it a problem to all of you? Don't use their services then. I mean, you all have driver's licences, which makes you at least 18. Stop acting like you are half of that.
Let's all be reasonable adults and wait until MIA does his recon work.
I am getting tempted to trade in the Z for a Cayman. The people on Porsche forums are so mature...
Thank you, I agree.................+1
Old 11-08-2005, 04:36 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I do...look forward to seeing you out there..
......+1......Me too John (and Rob)......me too! LOL
Old 11-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was a nice turn out at Fusion. Many more cars than I remember from the last time I went.

Miaplaya, good to see you and your car again.

Z Boy, it was nice to finally put a face with all that feedback

Well, I hope this puts to rest all the hating that is going on in this forum. VRT came out and proved that they do indeed deliver what they promise
Old 11-08-2005, 09:00 PM
g35pm

Saw VRT's cars tonight too (5 JWTs and two Stillens?).
Old 11-08-2005, 09:35 PM
illZ

Impressions?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:50 PM
VRT
Banned

Smile

Nice to meet some of you tonight. We will be at both Streets of Willow for the Motor Press Guild and Big Willow with Open Track - Wednesday November 16, 2005 as well as a few more Road Race events before year end. Thanks once again.

See you soon.

Michael

Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 PM
g35pm

Originally Posted by illZ
Impressions?
VRT showed up for a little bit, then bounced. Didn't talk to any of them, just checked out engine bays and intercoolers. Their cars are pretty nice. Some of them were a bit too low for my taste. I liked the red Z and the convertible (however it was slammed too).
The JWT kit looks pretty clean, lots of piping. Installs looked fine from what i could see (it was dark and i'm no expert either). There is so much piping the engine bay just looks stuffed. Kind of makes you wonder what needs to be removed to work on the car in the future. Apparently one G had the JWT kit (out of the box, but with a single intercooler) putting down numbers in the 420s-430s to the wheels @10/11psi? Please correct me if I heard wrong. Not too shabby, a dyno sheet would be nice to look at.

Saw various intercooler setups:

Single on a G.
Dual on a Z.
Dual on a G.
Can't remember if I saw a Single on a Z.

I thought it was a bit strange seeing so many JWT kits in one place considering they're not for sale yet.

Peeling out in the parking lot and screeching the tires when you leave doesn't exactly make the Fusion meets cop friendly...
Old 11-08-2005, 11:05 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Thanks for all the complaments, from those of you who showed up tonight . It was good to see some of you. Also thanks to all of our friends and customers for taking time out of your sleep, work, family, school, (and being sick ) schedules to show up. Thank you all again?

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 11-09-2005 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:27 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Cliff's notes:

VRT showed up at a "meet" for a short period of time, with some modified Z's with prototype JWT Turbo kits that had all different kinds of intercoolers on them. They then proceeded to high tail it out of there and leave rubber marks behind. CLASSY to say the least.

So how did VRT prove itself to be a reputable 350Z tuner and installer by showing up at some car meet with some turbo Z's and then taking off like bats out of hell?

I never doubted that VRT indeed had cars with turbo and s/cer kits on them...I do doubt however that VRT has any useful knowledege about 350Z modification that somehow makes them "better than the rest". They talk the talk and spin their tires...that's about it so far.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:03 AM
350Z4JAG

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
I never doubted that VRT indeed had cars with turbo and s/cer kits on them...I do doubt however that VRT has any useful knowledege about 350Z modification that somehow makes them "better than the rest". They talk the talk and spin their tires...that's about it so far.

I've done my research and according to Jim Wolf, VRT only has 2 prototype kits. Furthermore the kit isn't set to be released until after the first of the year.
????

What "researched knowledge" will you show us next??

Maybe a little acceptance and less jealousy and hate will help these forums more than the accusations and trash talk. They obvoiusly have the kits they say they do and should have more insight to the workings of the JWT kit that many people have been asking about. Great work VRT hope to see you at Willow Springs.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:09 AM
g35pm

Cliff's notes:

VRT showed up at a "meet" for a short period of time, with some modified Z's with prototype JWT Turbo kits that had all different kinds of intercoolers on them. They then proceeded to high tail it out of there and leave rubber marks behind. CLASSY to say the least.
I wouldn't say they did burnouts. Chirps from a few cars that got on the throttle. No biggie. But if cops are lurking around Fusion, they like to pick off obvious targets though. Be careful..

Last edited by g35pm; 11-09-2005 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:44 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

You expect us to believe that Jim Wolf gave YOUR shop a prototype of his kit?
ok...so where are all of these cars? Pics, Videos, dynos, etc?

Talk is cheap...show me some proof.
They are full of cr@p. JWT stated that they only gave VRT TWO prototype kits to use on their shop cars.
I've done my research and according to Jim Wolf, VRT only has 2 prototype kits. Furthermore the kit isn't set to be released until after the first of the year. I know plenty about VRT. I've talked to people who have had dealings with them and I've seen the BS that they post on here thread after thread. VRT doesn't even have a REAL SHOP, they work out of Mike's HOUSE. I could go further into detail, but frankly it's not worth my time.

Keep on swining from VRTs nuts...we all know you're the real joke here.

Cliff's notes:

So how did VRT prove itself to be a reputable 350Z tuner and installer by showing up at some car meet with some turbo Z's and then taking off like bats out of hell?

Ignorance is bliss!!!

PEACE

Last edited by Mike Wazowski; 11-09-2005 at 04:49 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:06 AM
Z BOY

i saw at least 4 jwt turbo kits in different vrt 350z/g cars up close last nite, including usn hm's.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:43 AM
COJ_General

WOW!!! Even with proof!! Going out there and there are a few (no names ) who still cant just let the hatred go and know that they were wrong! Dude, they have the JWT Kits that they stated and many people saw them! Stop hating and realize that the information you gathered (if any) was wrong. They have the kits, the cars are bad @$$ and its final!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:05 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by g35pm
I wouldn't say they did burnouts. Chirps from a few cars that got on the throttle. No biggie. But if cops are lurking around Fusion, they like to pick off obvious targets though. Be careful..
That was me that "chirped" whjen the VRT crew left. I went with them to Mirimar speed circut and was a little behind so i got on it. I just had Methanol Injection installed yesterday. Still getting used to torque when the pump turns on at 3,400 RPM. My bad. Didn't mean to attract any negative attention to the meet. Won't happen again, But it was not VRT.

There we're some bad a$$ cars out there last night though. Was a good time.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:09 AM
kjbalto

LOL BriGuy just won't let it go. I'm glad to hear VRT wasn't talking $hit. This board is really starting to get full of haters. I want to thank VRT for showing up and letting people check out their setups. The holy grail does exist! lol I can't wait for the JWT kit to be released. But I thought that a single intercooler setup for the G35 wasn't going to be available? VRT, is it anymore beneficial to have one big intercooler on the G35 instead of the dual intercoolers? If you have both setups do you still run similar numbers on the dyno?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:45 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Jim Wolf and VRT better get on the same page. Because Jim Wolf says that their kit won't be available until early next year, while VRT claims that you can bring them your car right now and get a JWT kit installed for like 10 grand.

You guys don't get it. At first I was skeptical because I hadn't heard a peep from anyone about JWT kits. And this guy came on here claiming that they've installed 10. So I called JWT..and they said that VRT did indeed have TWO prototype kits. Little descrepency there.

A few turbo cars showing up at a meet PROVES NOTHING. I want to see VRT actually CONTRIBUTE to this community before I will give them any respect. That haven't done anything innovative, all they've done is taken someone elses turbo kit, installed it on a few cars and talk about how it is far and away the "best". They've posted up bogus hp and 1/4 mile times, and don't even work out of a REAL SHOP.

VRT has CONSTANTLY run circles around questions about their claims. They claim they've installed every FI kit out there for the 350Z and therefore their assessment of the "superior" JWT kit should be taken as gospel.

So where are the Greddy TT, APS TT, APS ST, Turbonetics ST, PE TT, SFR TT, Vortech S/C, ATI S/Cer, and HKS S/Cer cars that they worked on??

I don't get why you guys think VRT proved ANYTHING. I could show up with my car at some meet and promise you the world...would you sit there and swing from my nuts after that just because I have a turbo kit installed on my car???

FYI:
I NEVER SAID THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY JWT KITS AFTER I TALKED TO JIM WOLF
Old 11-09-2005, 07:47 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

VRT,

Come on down to our SFR dyno day on Dec 10th at the Dyno Shop.This way you get to show off your cars and let people see all of these 500WHP daily drivers on the dyno.We will be there with our best, so hopefully you can make it.Should be fun.

Quick Reply: Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???