Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Tuner Pro Wideband Help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 08:01 PM
2slo2bfurious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner Pro Wideband Help?

Hey guys, I've been here for a while, but never really posted anything. I'm getting a UTEC Tuner Pro once it comes out, and wanted to know, it seems that the other versions of the Tuner Pro have an AFR display on the unit. But I've been told that I would need another wideband like the AEM or something to monitor AFR. I'm unclear about this, so hopefully somebody can clear it up for me?

Do I need to have 2 widebands? One for the UTEC for datalogging, and another one to have a gauge? A little confused If anything, can I tap the sensor that goes with the tuner pro to another display? Sorry still trying to learn as much as I can about it.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:16 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i assume most all wideband gauges have a aux signal output. i know my aem does. as far as the emanage ultimate goes, you can use this wire and input the info into the eu and datalog and also to make the a/f target map functional.
i know hardly anything about the utec yet, but upon release i'm sure info will come quickly.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:42 PM
2slo2bfurious

The other versions of the Tuner Pro, I don't know if the z/g's get the same unit but they have a 5v out, and also has an afr display... so its confusing for me to buy gauges right now. Will I need another standalone wideband? or just the gauge? or neither? I don't want to spend more money on something I don't really need.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:24 AM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by 2slo2bfurious
Hey guys, I've been here for a while, but never really posted anything. I'm getting a UTEC Tuner Pro once it comes out, and wanted to know, it seems that the other versions of the Tuner Pro have an AFR display on the unit. But I've been told that I would need another wideband like the AEM or something to monitor AFR. I'm unclear about this, so hopefully somebody can clear it up for me?

Do I need to have 2 widebands? One for the UTEC for datalogging, and another one to have a gauge? A little confused If anything, can I tap the sensor that goes with the tuner pro to another display? Sorry still trying to learn as much as I can about it.

The TurboXS Tuner Pro is a wideband Air Fuel Ratio Meter. The Tuner outputs AFR data to the front display of the Tuner. It also will append AFR data to the UTEC's Datalogger #1. If you have a 60mm AFR gauge the Tuner Pro contains an 0-5v or 0-1v Out that will allow your aftermarket gauge to remotely display AFR.

In additon to logging AFR the Tuner Pro has the ability to connect the included Bosch knock sensor to your block and monitor knock. The Tuner Pro has a standard headphone jack found on the front side of the box with a volume **** just incase it is too loud for you.

The Tuner Pro also has 2 digital and 2 analog inputs.The digital inputs allow you to log things like RPM or Injector Duty Cycle. The analog inputs allow you to log TPS, MAP or EGT sensors.

These features can be used with or without the use of a UTEC.

Jermaine~

Last edited by BlackTuner; 11-08-2005 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:25 PM
2slo2bfurious

Thanks Jermaine, that's exactly what I wanted to make sure of. Is there any word on the DTEC Pro Boost controller (I'm talking about the one that plugs into the Gameboy sp) working with the Z/G UTEC version? My vendor isn't sure on the compatiblities of the two units and I haven't found a solid answer when asking around yet so I might as well ask you directly. So do I need anything specific to the z/g for the boost controller to work?
Old 11-09-2005, 05:59 AM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by 2slo2bfurious
Thanks Jermaine, that's exactly what I wanted to make sure of. Is there any word on the DTEC Pro Boost controller (I'm talking about the one that plugs into the Gameboy sp) working with the Z/G UTEC version? My vendor isn't sure on the compatiblities of the two units and I haven't found a solid answer when asking around yet so I might as well ask you directly. So do I need anything specific to the z/g for the boost controller to work?
The DTEC Pro Boost Controller is a seperate Item. This can be used on any turbocharged car from mild to wild. Actually we are in the process of getting Jason Hunt to try it on his GM race car . At any rate, the DTEC's boost control is second to none. I'd recommend it to anyone in the market for a solid boost control system. The UTEC doesn't care what you use for boost control.

Thanks,

Jermaine~