Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Inflated Horsepower numbers

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 07:02 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EDITED because I was being downright rude.

What you say is factual plain is simply is not. There are too many that have had various results to try and assume there is any way to calculate a comparison from one dyno to another.

Last edited by phunk; 11-16-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phunk
Yea and I work at SVS but I dont know a damn thing about Vipers... where you work doesnt make your bull**** any easier to chew.

What you say is factual plain is simply is not. There are too many that have had various results to try and assume there is any way to calculate a comparison from one dyno to another.
I guess we will agree to disagree...it happens from time to time.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:17 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

so does that mean that all the cars you tune have had the "dynojet correction" applied to them?
Old 11-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by phunk
so does that mean that all the cars you tune have had the "dynojet correction" applied to them?
Absolutely, and we have mentioned this on the boards more times than I can count. And you know what....when we run cars over to the dynojet...we get the same number to within a margin of sampling error. Lots of shops dont mentioned this, but we fully disclose everything.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:22 AM
booger

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Charles, there are some generalizations that I think are fair. Ask anyone that has operated or dynoed their car on a Dyno Dynamics machine, WITHOUT additional correction. They consistenly read lower than a dynojet. I dynoed 320 on a Mustang dyno, the day after pulling 412whp on a DynoJet. Just another piece of data. Booger mentioned he also dynoed extremly low on a dynojet. The number really means nothing, but the poster asked the question. The most important piece is before/after on the same dyno. Nothing else really matters.
I know you meant Mustang dyno..but you stated above I dynoed low on a DynoJet . Stock Vortech...320whp....9psi 350whp....13.2psi 400whp. When I was at 350whp I dynoed a week apart on two different Mustangs and got the exact same hp and trq numbers . After the car gets done this winter . I may.... just for $hits and grins dyno on my usual mustang and then find the DynoJet in a town near by just to see the spread
Old 11-17-2005, 07:13 AM
UGOTSMOKED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the help guys. I made my choice to use the dyno dynamics. I finally read the 'dyno' post up above that I didnt even see when I first posted.
I guess every man just has to stick to the dyno they tuned on in the first place and to the end for 'accurate' results(on that particular dynomometer).

Another question, in the 350's/g35 4th gear out of 6 would be the straight thru gear to dyno right?(straight thru, sorry bad explanation, Is this where all the gears are aligned up with no offsets and is straight inline with the crankshaft to the driveshaft?)
by:caveman drawings
(crank-_-_shaft)----->(o-_-_-) (gear=box/shifter^)->(===^== )(drive-shaft)->(---)(rearOtires)--->(O)
3rd gear= o-_-_-- ==___^___==-------O <-not aligned

4th gear= o-_-_-- ==---^--- ==-------O <-aligned
Old 11-17-2005, 07:42 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

you got it! If you put the car on the same dyno you tested on before, you can see how much you really gained. Stock Zs will make between a 40-50hp range depending on the dyno your on, so if you work on the same dyno you were on before, you can take your own personal before and after results and see how much you have increased the airflow thru the engine.

Last edited by phunk; 11-17-2005 at 07:47 AM.