Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

mjedens pics and vid (no dial up)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 11:34 AM
mjedens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Races??

Going this Sunday to Silverdollar Raceway in Macon Georgia. I do have a set of 15" Welds ( Rears & Skinnies) that I'm hoping for better traction than my 19" (show) Racing Harts. The races Sunday (Street Car Eliminations) will not allow slicks so I'll be trying out a new set of MT Drag Radials.

Mike
Old 03-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Sam405

Wow thats just nuts... i think im in love with that car and the setup is crazy ... I want to know the times... keep us updated...
Old 03-03-2006, 01:23 PM
JimRHIT

Good luck Mike ... make us proud like you used to do back in the good 'ol Nitrous days

Since you already have some nice solid 11 sec timeslips ... I say just go ahead and skip the 10s altogether
Old 03-03-2006, 01:38 PM
JisNis

You need to make some vids like that AMS Evo. You would be king on Streetfire LOL. For us who dont know about your car. What are your mods?
Old 03-03-2006, 03:00 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If there is one thing that I really like in that car there... is that SGP had the ***** to just ****ing build it. Everyone else sits around and whines and waits until 20 other people do it first. No one else will buy anything without sound clips and 40 reviews or tested and proven everything.

This is a car where its obvious that Mike and SGP Racing just straight did it. They just ****ing built the car, ignoring all the bull**** and drama on our forum... and it got done. there it is, how it should be done.

Thanks for showing the 350z world how its supposed to be done guys.

props.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:30 PM
JisNis

If money was no object to me...Hell I build it myself. Most people on the forum just want to make sure they invested their money in a quality product. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is fn insane man. Good work!
Old 03-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by JisNis
If money was no object to me...Hell I build it myself. Most people on the forum just want to make sure they invested their money in a quality product. Nothing wrong with that.
What rock have you been hiding under for the past 3 years? SGP Racing is known for quality work. They don't half **** chit!

BTW, here is the orginal thread about this car.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/167801-700-club-sgp-says-here-ya-go.html
Old 03-03-2006, 03:51 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phunk
If there is one thing that I really like in that car there... is that SGP had the ***** to just ****ing build it. Everyone else sits around and whines and waits until 20 other people do it first. No one else will buy anything without sound clips and 40 reviews or tested and proven everything.

This is a car where its obvious that Mike and SGP Racing just straight did it. They just ****ing built the car, ignoring all the bull**** and drama on our forum... and it got done. there it is, how it should be done.

props.
lol, well said, hahhaa. i think the biggest thing is that there are all levels of knowledge on here, from the guys who can't change a spark plug to the ones building the spark plugs, lol. alot of people on here just don't know what they are looking at sometimes and need tons of feedback from others to feel comfortable spending the dough.
i personally like my cars to be very near stock comfort and amenities, yet be able to scare the living turds out of ya. sometimes it can be tough to accomplish both.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Gman2004

props.
well said. This car has inspired me again. I just got my car back from SGP so after I enjoy it for a while and get used to my power I might ship it back to them and upgrade to a set up like this.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:05 PM
JisNis

Originally Posted by Gman2004
What rock have you been hiding under for the past 3 years? SGP Racing is known for quality work. They don't half **** chit!

BTW, here is the orginal thread about this car.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167801
Calm down. I never questioned SGPs work. Simply stating that people dont want to throw thousands of dollars at a product and it doenst produce.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Gman2004

Calm down. I never questioned SGPs work. Simply stating that people dont want to throw thousands of dollars at a product and it doenst produce.
oh you mean like the Kenetix SSV?
Old 03-03-2006, 04:17 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

This is why when you are serious... you leave it up to the pros like SGP and other shops with experience building hardcore cars. There is a big difference between the guys who have been building street cars with bolt ons and the guys who have experience with real race cars... the race car knowledge does apply to extreme street cars and that knowledge does not come for DIYs and penny pinchers. IF you wanna go all out, and you wanna do it right... take it to some guys like SGP and bring a blank check.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Gman2004

take it to some guys like SGP and bring a blank check.
Or yourself. I have talked to a few forum members who have had worked done at your shop and they sing nothing but praises about your knowledge and quality work.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:38 PM
solidsnake

More Videos!!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 05:15 PM
JisNis

This is why when you are serious... you leave it up to the pros like SGP and other shops with experience building hardcore cars. There is a big difference between the guys who have been building street cars with bolt ons and the guys who have experience with real race cars... the race car knowledge does apply to extreme street cars and that knowledge does not come for DIYs and penny pinchers. IF you wanna go all out, and you wanna do it right... take it to some guys like SGP and bring a blank check.

Sorry us Penny Pinchers get on ur nerves so much.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:22 PM
mchapman

Jesus!
Old 03-03-2006, 05:56 PM
overZealous1

actually the penny pinching helped get me where i am. i was always to cheap to buy the good stuff so i had to make my own, lol.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:21 PM
t32gzz

Mike, can't wait to see the times at the track. I saw the car right before you picked it up. That thing sounds MEAN. I still want a ride, so if you plan future trips to SGP, don't forget to drive through Dallas.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
accordfreak

if you leave it to the pro and not perform any DIYs, how are you supposed to learn yourself without any hands on. Don't get me wrong, some things are good for shop to do like tuning. I learned everything by being a DIY type of person, making my own stuff for the car. Some people have the most outrageous setup but they don't know what the hell is in their cars or how it's setup. Much more respect to those who knows what's in their cars and how their mods work. I asked this one guy at a meet about his fuel setup but he didn't know what the hell i was talking about. He said he just drives the car. um ok

with research and working with people that know what they're doing, you can learn a lot which helps you to setup your cars like the pros. I mean it's not that hard to buy some u-bends mandrel 4" tubings to make your own custom exhaust if you know how to tig weld.

Last edited by accordfreak; 03-03-2006 at 07:26 PM.

Quick Reply: mjedens pics and vid (no dial up)