Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

first blew APS TWINTURBO IN UAE

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 07:43 AM
blackend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first blew APS TWINTURBO IN UAE

today i saw 350z got ABS TWIN TURBO AND IT IS US SEP,and ask the guy and he told me that ivan tune his car,i will keep update and pic
Old 04-16-2006, 07:44 AM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE
Premier Member

what?
Old 04-16-2006, 08:12 AM
Madelinot

Repeat please...
Old 04-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Gman2004

wow! this is getting interesting.

More details please!
Old 04-16-2006, 09:03 AM
aalzuhair

By the way guys, just in case, this according to him happened in the UAE and not in the USA. And I think the person that he mentioned "Ivan" is a tuner in Dubai.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:14 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your posts are agonizing to read.

I think Mia posted something like this a while back, where he "heard" of an APS blown motor, but didn't know first hand, and he got pounded for it. Don't post about anyone's blown motor until you have ALL the facts, please.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:22 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Your posts are agonizing to read.

I think Mia posted something like this a while back, where he "heard" of an APS blown motor, but didn't know first hand, and he got pounded for it. Don't post about anyone's blown motor until you have ALL the facts, please.
Actually, there have been motors blown on both APS kits. I know there have been first hand records of blown APS ST kits and also some TT's. Most have been kept quiet by the owners who didn't want to let any info out, and also the dealers and tuners.

I'm not saying its any fault or problem with the kit, this is bound to happen in time on this stock motor.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:36 AM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE
Premier Member

so what? turbonetics blows engines too.. so does greddy.. procharger and vortech want a cookie?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

heck i was looking at installing my greddy TT on my 90k mile vq35.. looks like i'm just gonna wait a little longer to buy a damn short block before hand.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Dubai

Ivan is an APS/Unichip dealer in the UAE. I would like to know more infos about this blown motor!
Old 04-16-2006, 12:04 PM
JoeDirtPharmD

We (APS owners) can't share the details - owners are veiled in a shroud of secrecy to which only those in the brotherhood may be privy
Old 04-16-2006, 12:21 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by taurran
Actually, there have been motors blown on both APS kits. I know there have been first hand records of blown APS ST kits and also some TT's. Most have been kept quiet by the owners who didn't want to let any info out, and also the dealers and tuners.

I'm not saying its any fault or problem with the kit, this is bound to happen in time on this stock motor.
Oh I know that; I was one of them. Only mine decided to go AFTER it was tuned, go figure.

It just gets on my nerves when someone who has a grudge against APS (or any kit for that matter) can't WAIT to post something about an APS blown motor. It's like me posting "Greddy blows another one!!! I don't have details, and I wasn't there, but there she blew!!!", lol.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:22 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by JoeDirtPharmD
We (APS owners) can't share the details - owners are veiled in a shroud of secrecy to which only those in the brotherhood may be privy
Joe, SSSSHHHHH!!! We signed an agreement, remember!
Old 04-16-2006, 12:50 PM
booger

Well with alot of the APS guys always reminding every one that the APS is the safest and most complete kit out there . You can expect it when others make a big deal about it . With the likes of Zivman and others always tell people it is the nth in TT kits and blowing a motor with the APS is slim.....your going to hear about it when they start blowing motors . It just seems fare that the APS lovers get back as much as they gave out .
Old 04-16-2006, 01:04 PM
kjbalto

I agree with Booger. I'm sick and tired of all the APS lovers praising the kit but when anybody blew their motor they tried to sweep it under the carpet and make sure nobody finds out. I think the APS kit is a great kit but it's not the holy grail. No kit is. So with the good, comes the bad. People who have blown their motors with the APS should just admit it and maybe people can learn from this. With everybody saying that they're pushing all this power on a stock block and then not telling everybody when it blows, it makes everybody else want to push the limits of their stock block thinking they can.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:44 PM
captj3

Kjbalto, I think owners would admit it. But they just don't want to go through the bullchit that comes with posting it here or the other forum. Case in point read this thread and the other on this forum alone. You have the same people on both sides f**king up every thread that comes out about any kit. It's getting real old I wish these people would just grow up.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:44 PM
booger

I forgot to add . I feel for any one that has to go through blowing a motor . And I wish them luck in building it back up
Old 04-16-2006, 01:48 PM
captj3

Booger you forgot to mention it's the safest and most complete out of the box on stock tune. At least quote the praising correct.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:50 PM
sentry65
the burninator
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah same here, the APS kits are great great kits, but the stock engine is capable of getting blown up. Usually I'd tend to say it's the user's fault or lack of monitoring/cooling/driving the **** out of their car too much for the amount of cooling provisions they're running (or not) etc, but I wouldn't be suprised if it could still happen anyway on a stock block if the user set everything up right and monitored everything.

that said, some people might be embarased to post about their blown up engine - cause it MIGHT have really been their fault and the dogs will jump on them saying they should have bought such and such things and done such and such maintenance stuff. Or (might be a shock) some people don't read/post on the forums

Last edited by sentry65; 04-16-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:30 PM
NETSHARK

ooh yesterday i went to a garage which installs/tune Skyline R34`s Supra`s 350Z`s, and i saw Turbonetics box there, it might be the first Turbonetics Z in Kuwait which i know about, i`ve asked the Installer his name is Koko, how long it will take to install it and how much the ST installation will cost, he told me the owner of the Z blew his motor, he told me i recommend you NOT to install any forced induction, because this motor can`t handle the boost, and he told me what do you hear in the Internet is something and reality is something :P

anyway why did he blew his Z ?

1- he didn't use any gauge believe it or not !!!!! he told the installer am gonna order one later. ( people normally use Boost,EGT,AF and still getting problems)
2- he ordered a upgraded Clutch, while they are discovering what is the cause of the blown motor, they saw the clutch DARK BLACK, even my black T-Shirt looks white compared to the damaged clutch, the installer said maybe he ****fted into lower gear by wrong, thats why the clutch is BLACKKKKK.
3- maybe he was getting over-boost or he installed a boost controller and pumped up the boost.

what i did learned from this installer that he is good but the problem is from the people, some people ditch everything and go racing, no racing isn't as much important as completing your project first, fun will begin with your completed project.

P.S. am not gonna change my mind am gonna Armor my car with cooling stuff, then installing the Turbo Kit with Gauges of course

Quick Reply: first blew APS TWINTURBO IN UAE