Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
charged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

I was attempting to boost when the car completely lost power and started to sputter and run like sht. My a/f was off the chart so I shut car off and went to store. When I left car was fine but it was a scary moment and now i am affraid to boost. What could it be?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:19 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by charged
I was attempting to boost when the car completely lost power and started to sputter and run like sht. My a/f was off the chart so I shut car off and went to store. When I left car was fine but it was a scary moment and now i am affraid to boost. What could it be?

sounds like your car went into "limp mode"...have u tried strating the car since then?
If it is running fine now and A/F is ok, that's probably all that is was- it happens on the stock ECU when it gets a clue that things aren't right with the altered forced induction setup...just make sure you monitor A/F ratio closely when you go driving again

-TODD
Old 06-16-2006, 07:58 PM
charged

Sometimes when I am getting on the highway and puch it through the gears it seems to slightly bog, like its not getting enough gas. Of course I let off and it's fine but this time it really scared me.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:54 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try taking it to a shop . your not really giving enough info for anyone to try to help . you dont want to blow it up.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:56 AM
chimmike

Sometimes when I am getting on the highway and puch it through the gears it seems to slightly bog, like its not getting enough gas. Of course I let off and it's fine but this time it really scared me.

well, if you have a wideband, the air fuel ratio should tell you if it's getting enough juice or not.

lets hear some details about your setup
Old 06-18-2006, 09:31 PM
dynamic6er

Sounds like its time for some new plugs The slight hesitation when getting on the highway is most likely spark blowout. Like Todd said the ecu most likely went into limp mode due to the misfiring. Do you have a CEL on?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:04 PM
ht4

If you mean off the chart rich, then I had something similar happen. Turns out that I blew the main boost tube off the throttle boddy. Check all your couplings for leaks.