Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Spearco Water Injection System (Universal Kit)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 02:14 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

i have the universal kit installed and i love it =]
Old 11-16-2006, 05:35 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Any word on the Z not universal kit?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:38 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by gringott
Any word on the Z not universal kit?

probably will be released along with STage 2 turbo
Old 11-16-2006, 06:22 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Soooooo.... Never?

JET
Old 11-16-2006, 06:24 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
probably will be released along with STage 2 turbo
LOL most likely on a different schedule. As I said there is a Z specifc WIS part number in the new catalog. I think they are just waiting to finalize the install instructions and parts list. The shop that was doing the work to custom fit it to the Z is fnishing up on them now.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:25 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Soooooo.... Never?

JET
I thought it was already out. We're giving one away at The Run next month that was donated by Turbonetics. (see my sig)

MIA - do you know if they sent us the universal or Z kit?
Old 11-16-2006, 06:32 PM
IIQuickSilverII

hahah i got the universal kit and it fits fine...very stealthy install, almost happy i didn't use an extra tank for it... i liek the fact that i can see in the guage clusted when i am low..... who has thir Zs windshield dirty anyways lol
Old 01-01-2007, 01:11 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Mia; any updates for 2007?
Old 01-19-2007, 11:21 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mia, Sent you a PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:00 AM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

So what's the update on this thing?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:20 AM
Dubai

+1
Old 03-30-2007, 08:06 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as I know the universal kit is probably the best bet for a lot of us.
It allows you to fit he kit where you find space.
Forged Performance has installed a couple and they really feel it is better to have the flexibility to chose your reservoir and mounting location specific to what other mods you have installed in the engine bay.
I should be able to give an impression on everything in about 2 weeks when I pick my car up.
--B
Old 03-30-2007, 12:27 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BamBam
As far as I know the universal kit is probably the best bet for a lot of us.
It allows you to fit he kit where you find space.
Forged Performance has installed a couple and they really feel it is better to have the flexibility to chose your reservoir and mounting location specific to what other mods you have installed in the engine bay.
I should be able to give an impression on everything in about 2 weeks when I pick my car up.
--B

the universal sounds like a good plan.....I just don't understand why Turbonetics has Rob make these product announcements for items that so far away in their production cycle....... for example, it has been 9 months since MIA announced this kit. How long has it been since the Stage 1.5 and STage 2 announcements? close to a year?
Old 03-30-2007, 03:15 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by QuadCam
the universal sounds like a good plan.....I just don't understand why Turbonetics has Rob make these product announcements for items that so far away in their production cycle....... for example, it has been 9 months since MIA announced this kit. How long has it been since the Stage 1.5 and STage 2 announcements? close to a year?
Actually Spearco sent a Universal kit to a premier Z/G tuner who is on this board back when this was announced. At the time the anticipation was that this tuner would do the development work on a Z specific kit. Since then this tuner's business has easily quadrupaled and as a result other projects like this have had to take a back seat. Not that Turbonetics wasn't busy itself releasing the Scion tC auto kit, 02-03 Spec V kit, 04-05 Spec V kit, Mustang kit, H3 kit, GT-K turbos, Torque Master wastegate, Torque Master turbo and intercooler upgrades for Dodge, Chevy, and Ford diesel trucks, and a laundry list of other products. In the mean time the universal kit can and has been used. At the time I posted this the thought was that it would be a rapid turn around for development and the kit would be out quickly. I can say that I spoke with the Spearco Project Manager this week and this project is going to be back on track very soon. In fact I'll probably be mocking up the first test system on a forum members car in two weeks with a few design changes from the standard universal kit. After the Z/G one is done Spearco plans to do other platform specific WIS kits as well. I apologize for posting this way back when but I was a bit excited that Spearco agreed to do a vehicle specfic set up for this being that I was the one who suggested it to Spearco.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Fluid1

Good stuff Rob. Thanks for the information.
t
Old 03-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Actually Spearco sent a Universal kit to a premier Z/G tuner who is on this board back when this was announced. At the time the anticipation was that this tuner would do the development work on a Z specific kit. Since then this tuner's business has easily quadrupaled and as a result other projects like this have had to take a back seat. .
This was our fault for the delay, not TN or MIA. In the meantime, you guys have to try the universal kit. No joke, a monkey would wire up this kit....its three wires, and completely idiot proof. The first kit we tested on the dyno, showed some great results. The transition to meth is completely unnoticable on the dyno....seamless...just as it should be.

Since then we've installed a few more, and one more is going on BamBam's car. The trick, as BamBam mentioned, is finding a suitable place for the reservior, since everyone's engine bay and bumper space is utilized differently. We have used the Snow and Aquamist systems, and IMHO, they are overly complex, both in terms of install, and setup, and for little reason.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Fluid1

Talking

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
This was our fault for the delay, not TN or MIA. In the meantime, you guys have to try the universal kit. No joke, a monkey would wire up this kit....its three wires, and completely idiot proof. The first kit we tested on the dyno, showed some great results. The transition to meth is completely unnoticable on the dyno....seamless...just as it should be.

So basically what you're telling me here is that Dubya could actually do this. I'm calling BS.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:57 PM
reptile718

Nice kit, its on my wish list. Hope to have it soon!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:35 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

Since then we've installed a few more, and one more is going on BamBam's car. The trick, as BamBam mentioned, is finding a suitable place for the reservior, since everyone's engine bay and bumper space is utilized differently. We have used the Snow and Aquamist systems, and IMHO, they are overly complex, both in terms of install, and setup, and for little reason.
Thanks for that post Sharif. I wasn't by any means knocking you. God knows you've been ridiculous busy and that's why I haven't bugged you about it. The customer comes first ALWAYS. They pay the bills after all. I appreciate any work you put into these. In talking with Johnny we are most likely going to let the end user decide what tank they want to use and where they want to put it. He is however working on some other very neat add ons to the kit to make it even EASIER to set this up with no additional hardware or metal work needed. I can PM you the details if you like.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:36 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Fluid1
So basically what you're telling me here is that Dubya could actually do this.
tr00f...

Quick Reply: Spearco Water Injection System (Universal Kit)