Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any Nissan speed shops near Charlotte, NC???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 07:49 AM
blown in nc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Nissan speed shops near Charlotte, NC???

Looking for a reputable shop to do some upcoming mods. Considering the stillen blower (not crazy about having to get a new hood), procharger, or turbo kit (which one I'm not sure).

Not looking to have the fastest Z, but 350s-low 400s is what I want.

Any tranny tricks/upgrades for those of us with the triptronic shifter?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:59 AM
NC Z Luva

You probably need to PM McDuck he's got some nice stuff done to his Z.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:59 AM
NC Z Luva

Oh yeah some shop over by the Bank of America Stadium did the work.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:05 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Isnt Altered Atmosphere in Charlotte?
Old 07-03-2006, 08:18 AM
HoldThisForMe

CPRace did all my work. very very good work on the install but a little pricey. Sharif's new shop is in Marietta, GA.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:54 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sq40
Isnt Altered Atmosphere in Charlotte?
gaithersberg,md.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by blown in nc
Looking for a reputable shop to do some upcoming mods. Considering the stillen blower (not crazy about having to get a new hood), procharger, or turbo kit (which one I'm not sure).
Not looking to have the fastest Z, but 350s-low 400s is what I want.
Any tranny tricks/upgrades for those of us with the triptronic shifter?
Yeah as stated...

www.CPRace.com

They also did a lot of my work, with the involvement of Sharif who has now opened his own place in GA.

www.forgedperformance.com
Old 07-03-2006, 12:49 PM
JETPILOT

CP Racing in Charlotte.... Many members here drive from FL to get work done there. They installed my TN turbo kit. I was very pleased. Bobby over there was a Nissan mechanic and does great work. Request him.

Respect
JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 07-03-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:49 PM
002-M-P

Give Sharif at Forged Performance a call. He just moved to Georgia near Atlanta (only like 3.5 hrs from Charlotte).
Old 07-03-2006, 02:02 PM
MoodDude

If you are going to make the drive, go to Balanced Perfomance by Road Atlanta!!! They are not for the "tuner" crowd, they will not do a job unless it can be done and will meet your expectations.

No I don't work for them, the owner was my instructor at one of my HPDE's. Supper nice guys, and I watched his guys work on several of the race cars at the event and they know what they are doing!

Even if you don't go, check out the 240Z race car on their website!! And their project Z is wicked (300zx)!

http://www.balancedperformance.com/gallery.html

Why is everyone saying to go to Sharif when he just opened a shop in Atlanta (actually is it open yet)?
Old 07-03-2006, 02:21 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by MoodDude
If you are going to make the drive, go to Balanced Perfomance by Road Atlanta!!! They are not for the "tuner" crowd, they will not do a job unless it can be done and will meet your expectations.

No I don't work for them, the owner was my instructor at one of my HPDE's. Supper nice guys, and I watched his guys work on several of the race cars at the event and they know what they are doing!

Even if you don't go, check out the 240Z race car on their website!! And their project Z is wicked (300zx)!

http://www.balancedperformance.com/gallery.html

Why is everyone saying to go to Sharif when he just opened a shop in Atlanta (actually is it open yet)?
He dosn't have to make a drive anywhere. He is in Charlotte and so is CP Racing. Sharif is open, and he is not in Atlanta. He is in Marietta. People go to him becasue he is the premier tuner of 350Z's on the east coast. As far as installations the shop is only as good as the mechanic. I hope he finds a good mechanic. His standards are high. I am sure who ever he hires will be good.

Respect
JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 07-03-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:31 PM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
CP Racing in Charlotte.... Many members here drive from FL to get work done there. They installed my TN turbo kit. I was very pleased. Bobby over there was a Nissan mechanic and does great work. Request him.

Respect
JET
+1 came down from VA here
Old 07-03-2006, 06:44 PM
blown in nc

Thanks everyone. I am familiar with CP. It's on South Blvd about 20 min from my house. It's good to hear better things about the Z than their domestics, but I do know how one bad thing puts egg on your face forever.

My other car is a highly modified vette done here in Charlotte by More Performance (not open anymore) so I know the convenience and piece of mind having your shop local. Having a vette I'm also use to the pricey installs paying $100/hr shop rate, but a reputable shop doing an install of a product they have done before should be able to give me a quote that they'll stand up to.

I have a procharger on my vette. Personally I like the self contained SC better. Anybody have experience with them on the Z? I really like the Stillen setups for useable hp on the street, but I like the sleeper look. Can some with the APS, Greddy owners chime in about need to forge for my hp goals of 350-400rwhp? The tranny is also an auto--what's available for it to live?

Lot's of questions, but like I said I'm new to this scene.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
He dosn't have to make a drive anywhere. He is in Charlotte and so is CP Racing. Sharif is open, and he is not in Atlanta. He is in Marietta. People go to him becasue he is the premier tuner of 350Z's on the east coast. As far as installations the shop is only as good as the mechanic. I hope he finds a good mechanic. His standards are high. I am sure who ever he hires will be good.

Respect
JET
Thanks for the comments Larry. Our new facility is open, and its great to be located in the Atlanta area. My main technician is OUTSTANDING, and I have hired one more part-time mechanic that is a 4 year Nissan technician. They make a great team. When I am not answering phones and running the business, etc..etc...I also get involved with all of the installs, and I conduct all of the tuning sessions myself. As I've mentioned before, all of the final quality checks are certified by me, and I will state behind the work performed. 100% satisfaction, and meticulous attention to detail is the only way we conduct business.

With Cp Racing located in your background in Charlotte, I would have no hesitation giving them a solid recommendation. They do excellent work as well.

Best of luck, and if there is anything I can do, don't hesitate.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:44 PM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

I'm from Charlotte as well and chose to go with Sharif's new shop in Marietta. He is very VERY easy to work with. Makes the task of going forced induction very smooth and easy. He's working on my car right now and I have all the faith in the world in him. Can't wait till thursday AHHHHHSOIJFOISJDIOJSOI!!!

Derek
Old 07-03-2006, 09:46 PM
JETPILOT

No problem Sharif....

In all honesty.... CP racing does great mechanical work. They aren't very big on supplying parts or supplying knowledge.

Sharif is at the top of the food chain when it comes to knowledge of the Z and the VQ35DE. I'm relying on him for all my future needs. Sharif is one stop shopping. It's hard to trust anyone in this business. I trust him.

Respect
JET
Old 07-04-2006, 03:39 AM
blown in nc

Thanks for the invite Sharif.

DJ Smitty--what are you having done? Do you ever go to any local car meets in Charlotte like the Palace with the guys from underground racing? If so, I'd like to check out your Z if your going with FI

A couple questions didn't get answered--experience with procharger on the Z? What's the rwhp limit with a safe tune for the stock internals to live? What tranny options are out there for autostick cars? The only one I've seen is the upgrade from Stillen. Stock the tranny quivers on the 2-3 shift when on it so more power will kill it.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:05 AM
abyss

DJ Smitty--what are you having done? Do you ever go to any local car meets in Charlotte like the Palace with the guys from underground racing? If so, I'd like to check out your Z if your going with FI

A couple questions didn't get answered--experience with procharger on the Z? What's the rwhp limit with a safe tune for the stock internals to live? What tranny options are out there for autostick cars? The only one I've seen is the upgrade from Stillen. Stock the tranny quivers on the 2-3 shift when on it so more power will kill it.
What's the rwhp limit with a safe tune for the stock internals to live?

Here lately that is a game of chance. under boost the stock internals seem to go at 360+ some have gone 500+ and thats why I say its a game of chance and from what I'v read its safe and cheaper to build the 1st time around.

What tranny options are out there for autostick cars?

There is a Valve Body Upgrade that Forged offers, as well as SGP(I think I got that right? lol) that seems to solve alot of the over revving, Stillen also offers one but word around the Z communiy is that its a POS. There are toque converters, and tranny coolers.

Hope that helps, if you need more info do a quick search the FI section is flooded with the info your lookin for.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a pic of DJSmitty's complete TN kit, return fuel system, gauges, 440cc injectors, and upgraded plenum, turbo timer, and a few other things. Start to finish in 4 days.

400whp-425whp is my safe limit for stock internals. We have tuned cars well beyond that, but the longevity of those motors hasnt been proven. The customer's ability and willingness to go forged at some point, usually helps dictate the amount of power we shoot for.
Attached Thumbnails Any Nissan speed shops near Charlotte, NC???-dscn1185.jpg  

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 07-04-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:40 AM
blown in nc

Thanks again--you guys are like the ones on corvette forum--which is a good thing!

My vette is pushing alot of power on the stock engine without problem, but I've had to replace my entire drive line with built parts due to the procharger, h/c, full exhaust, etc.

I do need RELIABILITY out of the Z as it will primarily be my wife's and I don't want that "told you so". That's why my goals are 350-425 with a nice sounding exhaust. I'm happy with the brembos and the factory forged rays on the car. I'm happy with the suspension too--alot of what the car will do depends on how well a person can drive.

DJ Smitty--now that I see your car is white, beware the quiksilver C5 with the caravaggio kit

Sharif--pm me a $$$ to get a Z to your posted #s. I'm sure you hurt alot of peoples feeling in that thing. Nothing would be sweeter than that in a stock looking Z.

Last edited by blown in nc; 07-04-2006 at 09:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Any Nissan speed shops near Charlotte, NC???