Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS Extreme Twin Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 02:10 PM
importfastcarz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS Extreme Twin Turbo Kit

Does anyone know about the new APS Extreme Twin Tturbo Kit? Whats it's potential? Hows the lag?
Old 07-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Chances are if your built to run this kit, your now worried about the lag...
Old 07-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's potential is 650-900whp. I imagine that boost spool will be slightly slower than the APS TT regular kit....but only time will tell. The extreme kits are arriving in the USA this month, if all goes as planned.

I must say, for the high boost crowd, this kit is a BARGAIN since it includes the 3.5 inch downpipes, external wastegates, and an amazing fuel system and injectors. http://www.forgedperformance.com/sto...8&cat=0&page=1
We have two on order.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:05 PM
importfastcarz

thanks for the info
Old 07-03-2006, 08:47 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Sharif - What Fuel management will your customers use?

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
It's potential is 650-900whp. I imagine that boost spool will be slightly slower than the APS TT regular kit....but only time will tell. The extreme kits are arriving in the USA this month, if all goes as planned.

I must say, for the high boost crowd, this kit is a BARGAIN since it includes the 3.5 inch downpipes, external wastegates, and an amazing fuel system and injectors. http://www.forgedperformance.com/sto...8&cat=0&page=1
We have two on order.

Sharif - What Fuel management will your customers use?

Cheers Amy -
Old 07-03-2006, 09:20 PM
ZON

Holy Crap, Batman!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:23 PM
JDM_ZED33

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
It's potential is 650-900whp.
holy guacamole
Old 07-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by AmyCroft

Cheers Amy -
I would assume UTEC's or Fcons.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:28 AM
calimarc

Sure glad we solved the head lift issue without a doubt... We have parts available to address this issue, but have we had a number of people run those parts hard and for how long to give us conclusions???
Not trying to be negative here but it begs the question when we talk about a kit targeting this power.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:30 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by calimarc
Sure glad we solved the head lift issue without a doubt... We have parts available to address this issue, but have we had a number of people run those parts hard and for how long to give us conclusions???
Not trying to be negative here but it begs the question when we talk about a kit targeting this power.
Im a firm beleiver that the head lift issue is not 100% related to the head studs themselves but to the tining and cylinder pressure being run. We achieved more HP with less boost with a properly ported set of heads and cams that make the motor flow more efficiently.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:47 AM
MoodDude

I thought APS was researching a dual fuel injector system (two injectors for each cylinder) to solve the higher hp requirements and maintaining a great response at idle and cruzing conditions?
Correct me if I am wrong - but this looks to be a fuel return system with two fuel rails and larger injectors to replace the fuel system?
I thought one of the APS selling points was a street drivable TT set up with great hp. Larger injectors would kill that - won't it?
Old 07-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by MoodDude
I thought APS was researching a dual fuel injector system (two injectors for each cylinder) to solve the higher hp requirements and maintaining a great response at idle and cruzing conditions?
Correct me if I am wrong - but this looks to be a fuel return system with two fuel rails and larger injectors to replace the fuel system?
I thought one of the APS selling points was a street drivable TT set up with great hp. Larger injectors would kill that - won't it?
Not with the proper tunning and ECU solution.The dual injectors would have worked fine, but most people felt it was old school and were turned off by it.So they opted for a larger injector with twin pumps.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by AmyCroft

Cheers Amy -
UTEC, AEM, or other higher end engine management system

APS positioned this kit perfectly, IMHO. Deliver a no-compromise extreme turbo kit and fuel system to market, and let the tuner/customer choose the engine management system of their choice.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MoodDude
From what I know, they went with the single injector setup as they found that with a proper EMS/Tune, idle and cruising conditions are just fine. Also, the single set of injectors dramatically keep costs down on this setup and still provide everything one will need.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:01 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

lol...you guys are still into HP and not learning how to get it to the ground...i have a 900hp Z///but it runs a 15.00 in the 1/4th...we got the power..now we need gearing, and a way to stop bloeing motors
Old 07-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Zivman
From what I know, they went with the single injector setup as they found that with a proper EMS/Tune, idle and cruising conditions are just fine. Also, the single set of injectors dramatically keep costs down on this setup and still provide everything one will need.
Exactly. They basically provide at 720cc injector (at industry standard fuel pressure), which will idle and cruise just fine with the right tuning and setup.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:17 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Here are some pictures of the fuel system that just arrived...

We have two complete extreme turbo kits with fuel system instock and 1 complete fuel system as well.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:45 PM
nissansource

i dig that fuel system but why theres no need seriously driving a 700hp Z is pretty nuts on the roadways youll never use this much power but cool for being inovative. I like it looks like a quality piece
Old 07-20-2006, 01:26 PM
abyss

This will def be the kit I go with. With power like this a widebody is almost a must, or atleast some 13" wheels to plant it.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

The extreme kit is a total bargain for those in the 600whp+ range. Just add the engine management computer of your choice. Thanks for posting the pics Greg.