Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Stillen SC....stall & no restart at random!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:40 AM
gus_grenfell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stillen SC....stall & no restart at random!?

I am working on an 03' 350Z with a Stillen SC installed on it at work(Im a Nissan tech). I did not install the whole kit but I did just replace the whole engine harness(replaced the main harness) and rewired the Stillen fuel control box & relay. I have also done the recall for the cam and crank sensors(even though the car did not fall under the recall). All of the wires have been soldered and heatshrinked, so Im and 99.99% sure its not a wiring problem. Stillen has sent us 3 different fuel control boxes so I don't think thats the issue since it still has the same problem. The 2 techs that have been trying to fix this problem have moved onto other places of work so I don't know the whole history of the car other than it's been a problem child since day one. I just need some outside help because Nissan is just being of no help!

The car only has 4300 miles on it and is in MINT condition(obviously). The problem I am having is that the car will stall(no spiting or sputtering, just flat out shut off) at random and will not restart right away(sometimes it will start after only a few minutes sometimes it will have to sit for hours). It will have a cam(bank 1) and crankshaft position sensor code when the condition is present. The car runs great when it does run but this stall/no restart is really getting the best of me. Basically this car is undrivable like this because it could leave the customer stranded at any moment!

I have read about sheilding the crank sensor wire but I'm not sure if its for this problem. I have also read about something to do with a possible poor solder on the ECM circuit board for the cam/cranks sensors. I have also read about the flywheel possibley being installed incorrectly but this flywheel has never been off?

Gimme some ideas guys! Has this happen to anyone else?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:56 AM
nateg35

Have you contact Stillen?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:57 AM
PalFX

Stillen kits are known to come with bad 7th fuel injector that get stuck on open or possibly bad fuel pump.

Worth checking if you haven't already. My dealer had to replace two bad 7th injectors during install because after driving the car for a test drive, they would have to get it towed back to their shop because of the stuck injector.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:36 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gus_grenfell
I am working on an 03' 350Z with a Stillen SC installed on it at work(Im a Nissan tech). I did not install the whole kit but I did just replace the whole engine harness(replaced the main harness) and rewired the Stillen fuel control box & relay. I have also done the recall for the cam and crank sensors(even though the car did not fall under the recall). All of the wires have been soldered and heatshrinked, so Im and 99.99% sure its not a wiring problem. Stillen has sent us 3 different fuel control boxes so I don't think thats the issue since it still has the same problem. The 2 techs that have been trying to fix this problem have moved onto other places of work so I don't know the whole history of the car other than it's been a problem child since day one. I just need some outside help because Nissan is just being of no help!

The car only has 4300 miles on it and is in MINT condition(obviously). The problem I am having is that the car will stall(no spiting or sputtering, just flat out shut off) at random and will not restart right away(sometimes it will start after only a few minutes sometimes it will have to sit for hours). It will have a cam(bank 1) and crankshaft position sensor code when the condition is present. The car runs great when it does run but this stall/no restart is really getting the best of me. Basically this car is undrivable like this because it could leave the customer stranded at any moment!

I have read about sheilding the crank sensor wire but I'm not sure if its for this problem. I have also read about something to do with a possible poor solder on the ECM circuit board for the cam/cranks sensors. I have also read about the flywheel possibley being installed incorrectly but this flywheel has never been off?

Gimme some ideas guys! Has this happen to anyone else?
contact sam at stillen,hes a great guy and can help you.also try this disconnect the crankshaft sensor from the fmu from stillen,rewire direct like factory and see if it stops the problem.i had to do this when my new stage 4 fmu crapped out and the car ran normal just do not get into boost if this works.then call sam at stillen and see what he says to do.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:06 PM
samec

Talking

Originally Posted by superchargedg
contact sam at stillen,hes a great guy and can help you.also try this disconnect the crankshaft sensor from the fmu from stillen,rewire direct like factory and see if it stops the problem.i had to do this when my new stage 4 fmu crapped out and the car ran normal just do not get into boost if this works.then call sam at stillen and see what he says to do.
yeah, do that for starters