Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

NEW:... Blown Head Gasket Analysis

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 07:55 AM
lemansz20
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im with you all the way my car has had a problem since I got the new motor. Now im not speaking bout japtrix in a bad way but they DID NOT deal with it in the best way possible like sharif. They have put cars ahead of me and even though they have the headgasket, will NOT work on my car till oct 16th. and it wont be done with oct. 27th. You should Feel VERY lucky that you have an awesome shop with awesome customer service. Japtrix isnt a bad shop its just I feel they handled my situation very badly by putting me behind everyone. Again I must say sharif, the good things never stop coming out of you. I will with no doubt, when stage 2 comes out from turbonetics, be shipping my car to you, and having YOU install and tune my car. And for a quick reference, im on a built motor, and have been overheating for 6 or 7 months consistently and japtrix could never find out the problem.FIGURES it was a faulty headgasket
Old 10-06-2006, 07:59 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, I will call your cell...I am hitting the road. I had 2 hours sleep, and now I have to drive 9 hours to Orlando.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow I was hoping for you that at the bottom of that horrible post/story would be amazing dyno numbers and a proper tune from Sharif, then I read this...

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Unfortuantely, the game ended, when we discovered a cracked/broken oil pressure regular inside the oil pan. I have never seen that piece before in my life.
Were there any other issues/problems with your car or just what you posted about? Im no "tuner" but that timing you were running sure is aggressive, that couldnt have helped matters-crazy advanced. Id wish you luck but you wont need it with Sharif Keep us updated on everything.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:43 AM
PumpedVA

Mike, I will call your cell...I am hitting the road. I had 2 hours sleep, and now I have to drive 9 hours to Orlando.
Be safe
Old 10-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Gumpdriver

MAN THAT SOUTHRN HOUSEPATALITY IS A MF
Old 10-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah that timing is a little on the advanced side of things...

hope you get it all figured out brent, i will see you tomorrow if you are going to be at Z fest...
Old 10-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Osix350Z
Banned

Why did you waste your time at Altered in the first place?

Altered=BOOM
Old 10-08-2006, 02:32 AM
silver nismo

Man i didnt read all what u wrote up there it just seemed too much reading to me in the office houres but i think i know what the topic is all about.. so.
We have crazy ppl in here who tune there cars not to race cars but to race biks so its cool like that but thats when we discovered that the Zs blows off there head gaseket on 6th gears and its due to too much presure on high speed and too much heat ( I'm talking about TT Zs).
Solutions...
a) HKS or Nismo gaseket.
b) L19 head studs.
c) a good readiator and speacialy a good readiator cap.
d) HKS oil coolent.
c) nismo thermostat
e) OPTIONAL TO TRY an inline electrical water pump 110 litter will b more than enough.
Then u can boost sooooo happily worring about nothing.
Thats y my project is costing me too much and taking a lot of time.
Its a try and error thing i wouldn't have knew all of this if i didnt see it happening with 5 Zs in my place.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:20 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by Osix350Z
Why did you waste your time at Altered in the first place?

Altered=BOOM
funny
Old 10-08-2006, 07:21 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by lemansz20
Im with you all the way my car has had a problem since I got the new motor. Now im not speaking bout japtrix in a bad way but they DID NOT deal with it in the best way possible like sharif. They have put cars ahead of me and even though they have the headgasket, will NOT work on my car till oct 16th. and it wont be done with oct. 27th. You should Feel VERY lucky that you have an awesome shop with awesome customer service. Japtrix isnt a bad shop its just I feel they handled my situation very badly by putting me behind everyone. Again I must say sharif, the good things never stop coming out of you. I will with no doubt, when stage 2 comes out from turbonetics, be shipping my car to you, and having YOU install and tune my car. And for a quick reference, im on a built motor, and have been overheating for 6 or 7 months consistently and japtrix could never find out the problem.FIGURES it was a faulty headgasket
Chris you should tell the whole story. You may say that it is not there fault, but it doesn't sound like it. I don't think it's right slaming with only 1/3 rd of the story.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:28 PM
TENGAI

Any updates???
Old 10-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by S1AMEZE
Any updates???
BamBam is probably still in the middle of his rally, and then he leaves the country for about 1 month...so I will provide an update.

BamBam's car was completed at 4:00am Friday morning...exactly 1.5 calendar days we started...must be some kind of record for a complete Greddy TT/Engine Uninstall/overhaul and Engine Breakdown/Reassembly/Reinstallation.

Anways, we are waiting in Nissan to advise me whether this oil pressure ball valve actually is a replaceable part. We have an OEM oil pan new in stock, and it doesnt include this valve...which is very odd. I have a couple dealers stratching their head over this...so if anyone has an info..I am all ears.

We'll hopefully have this issue sorted in a couple days, and then we'll be on the dyno.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:14 PM
lemansz20
Banned

I must ask what does this oil pressure ball valve do exactly???
Old 10-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by lemansz20
I must ask what does this oil pressure ball valve do exactly???
It is an oil pressure regulator and relief valve. The reason nobody has heard about it, is that it never breaks, and its pressed into the upper pan.

When its broken, you will have about 5-8psi of oil pressure at idle, and your oil pressure will not increase with RPM.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

It is an oil pressure regulator and relief valve. The reason nobody has heard about it, is that it never breaks, and its pressed into the upper pan.

When its broken, you will have about 5-8psi of oil pressure at idle, and your oil pressure will not increase with RPM.
Finally found that part at Nissan. We ordered a couple of them overnight. So basically, a broken $7.00 part stops this project cold.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:06 PM
BobbyRitz

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
funny
Agreed.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:07 PM
BobbyRitz

B-

This is unbelievable. You are now in good hands.

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 10-11-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally found that part at Nissan. We ordered a couple of them overnight. So basically, a broken $7.00 part stops this project cold.
I have never seen the one in the Nissan, but if the ball had "excaped" there should also be a pressure spring and a retainer floating around somewhere inside.

Lemansz20 ---If Sharif is refering to the Oil Press Relief Valve---It is a protective device built into all pressurized oil systems since ---Well, for ever. It is designed to be forced off its seat via spring tention if oil pressure exceeds max. It also will lift slightly during normal operation to stablize oil pressure. There was a time that they were adjustable so as the engine showed wear and decreased oil pressure it could be bumped up to increased pressure.

BTW---I have seen Oil filters explode due to a defective OPR

Last edited by Eazzy; 10-10-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

The ball espaced, which we found...and the spring and collar remained in place. So all loose pieces have been accounted for.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:23 AM
PumpedVA

Wonder is brents car will come out with a little more go? hehe

Quick Reply: NEW:... Blown Head Gasket Analysis