Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

boost w/ stock internals

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 07:57 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It just came out, I didn't know it was coming out, Sharif probally didn't know as well when he installed yours. Its on the HKS website now. A little more expensive but has some cool features. I am currently swapping out my EVC5 for it. Ill let you know how it performs, because it looks awesome

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 12-23-2006, 07:58 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unkn0wn ryder
does any one know how much you can boost safely on stock internals? i'll be boosting with the greddy TT kit.

sorry if this is a repost.
7 psi

G
______
Old 12-23-2006, 08:03 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by George@GTM
It just came out, I didn't know it was coming out, Sharif probally didn't know as well when he installed yours. Its on the HKS website now. A little more expensive but has some cool features. I am currently swapping out my EVC5 for it. Ill let you know how it performs, because it looks awesome

-George
GT Motorsports

Sounds good. I cant wait for you guys to build my motor. When I get back from Iraq in April. I was going to do it now, but I have no one to drop off or pick up the car at Sharif's when its ready.

Last edited by eagletanggreen; 12-23-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:03 PM
jdm3fiddyZ

-George
GT Motorsports
Well whats the difference between that and the apexi AVC-R? If it can control boost at certain speeds and RPM's?
Old 12-24-2006, 08:18 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by jdm3fiddyZ
Well whats the difference between that and the apexi AVC-R? If it can control boost at certain speeds and RPM's?
Well the most important part is having a stepper motor to control boost vs. a solenoid like most EBCs. It can hold boost much better and more reliably than a solenoid EBC whether its a single or dual solenoid. If you have any logging ( Innovate ) capabilities on your car and log boost we can compare graphs and I can show you how smooth the boost is held with the HKS. I am not sure what other features the Apexi unit has to compare I am sure its good but no matter what the HKS will always perform better.

Other features I like about the EVC6 which I dont know if the Apexi unit has are:

Learning feature ( input desired boost and it adjusts gain accordingly)
Mapping options ( you can create a boost map with 2 axes ( speed, boost, tps, rpm, etc. )

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-George
GT Motorsport
Old 12-25-2006, 02:02 AM
unkn0wn ryder

yeah i know im sorry i should have done more research but i cant since im deployed and i barely get a chance to come online and most of the time only on here for like 5 min.....

any ways.... will the motor be fine if i just keep it at default psi or one psi higher than the default psi with it being untuned? because i'll be gettin my TT kit installed when i go on R&R and hopefully be able to run it when it gets installed...
Old 12-25-2006, 05:24 AM
Devil Z

I'd say you're good with 10psi with a good tune. I'm planning on running 9.5psi instead of 8.5psi in the summer but if the tune is good then don't worry.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:44 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

I wouldn't recommend 10psi on a stock block with out race fuel and a solid tune with proper EMS.

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 12-25-2006, 11:08 PM
unkn0wn ryder

alright what is the default for the greddy TT kit? cuz I've read 5psi, 6psi, and 7psi.... kinda hard to belive whats what when different turbo dealers are sayin different things....
Old 12-25-2006, 11:19 PM
bbs350z

i think default is around 5.5 but can safely run about 8. i hear the emanage is a timebomb. get the aam fuel upgrade kit, and a utec or fcon
Old 12-25-2006, 11:42 PM
Devil Z

I wouldn't recommend 10psi on a stock block with out race fuel and a solid tune with proper EMS.

-George
GT Motorsports
Ok, I'll listen to you as you have more experience. What about under 10psi?

Thanks
Old 12-26-2006, 03:17 AM
unkn0wn ryder

Originally Posted by drift_projekt_Z
i think default is around 5.5 but can safely run about 8. i hear the emanage is a timebomb. get the aam fuel upgrade kit, and a utec or fcon
timebomb? what cha mean by that? cant find no fcons for the 350.... althought found a utec..... but would i really need the utec if i just run it on default psi or one psi higher than default or before i get it tuned?? cuz i'll most likely be runnin the car untuned for a week cuz i'll only have like a week to drive the car....
Old 12-26-2006, 03:28 AM
dutchboy

Originally Posted by unkn0wn ryder
timebomb? what cha mean by that? cant find no fcons for the 350.... althought found a utec..... but would i really need the utec if i just run it on default psi or one psi higher than default or before i get it tuned?? cuz i'll most likely be runnin the car untuned for a week cuz i'll only have like a week to drive the car....

He means the motor is a ticking time bomb when controlled by the emanage. You're better off going with the UTEC at a bare minimum for tuning, even at the stock boost levels of the kit. Don't drive it untuned. You might get away with it, but just read some of the horror stories of guys blowing their motors withing a week of installing their kits. If you're looking for an FCON, check out Forged Performance. You have to have it installed and tuned by an HKS certified dealer if I recall correctly.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:09 AM
unkn0wn ryder

im sorry im a dumb *** when it come to this car and the performace parts for it.... i dont know much about the car just yet... learning new things every day.... it's cool that every one is helpin out....
Old 12-26-2006, 04:15 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Sounds good. I cant wait for you guys to build my motor. When I get back from Iraq in April. I was going to do it now, but I have no one to drop off or pick up the car at Sharif's when its ready.
I'll take care of it for you, bro. Just leave the keys on the sunvisor.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:27 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by gringott
I'll take care of it for you, bro. Just leave the keys on the sunvisor.
Ha!
Old 12-26-2006, 11:25 AM
unkn0wn ryder

Originally Posted by z2g
What is the weakest link in our motor causing it to not handle that much boost on the stock motor. I just got my vortech installed (used one) and I didn't get it tuned yet and run about 9psi. Ran it hard a couple of times, but gonna wait till I get it tuned so I would feel a lot more comfortable.
hey man what system are you runnin?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:05 PM
unkn0wn ryder

Default bringing the thread back to life!

ha! for everyone that wasn't much of a help..... lol

as for everyone else that helped out with this thanks......

but yeah from when the TT kit was installed back in 13 feb till 20 feb the car an untuned on the emanage... it ran fine but was kinda rough.... on 21 feb the next day after i got to the states went to SGP Racing and got it tuned... got some good numbers w/o a FRS.... she was tuned up to 8psi w/ a utec.

heres an update.... lol... i'll be runnin over 14 psi when i get back home for good..... i know what you thinkin... do it and hate life... well i wont lol... i got tired of 8psi quick ... lol so i went ahead and had a build done on my motor.... so yeah...... high rwhp here i come..........
Old 09-21-2007, 04:45 PM
kevin8086

-George
GT Motorsports
what if you have a return fuel system and bigger injectors along witha pump??
Old 09-21-2007, 09:50 PM
unkn0wn ryder

Originally Posted by kevin8086
what if you have a return fuel system and bigger injectors along witha pump??

from what i've seen after i got my car tuned the most was tuned at 9psi.... but dont quote me on that....

Quick Reply: boost w/ stock internals