Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Fine Tuned

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/entertainment/285640-new-tv-show-fine-tuned-on-speed.html
Old 07-13-2007, 07:16 AM
z-u-later

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even better:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2682953/1
Old 07-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Not the perfect choice of all the parts...had a mix of good with rice. Overall turned out ok.
+1000000000. If they were going with the black and red scheme why didn't they go with time attacks (since they wanted volks) or GT-F's painted black and red.

Also, the kid said he know a lot about the Z, but it didn't strike me that he knew anything about it at all, or the parts that went into his car. He didn't even know what the EDFC was lol.

Did you guys see that they are doing a civic on week 3? lol. Silly ricer, civics are for chicks. lol.

Last edited by Lawy'dU; 07-13-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Lawy'dU

All about sponsors.
exactly. Add up all of the costs and they had to have dumped around 30k just on parts alone without sponsors.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:00 AM
mcurry5

The stats on car domain are wrong. They listed the 2007 numbers for the car. That was not a 2007!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:49 AM
PM-Performance

WOW, IM really late on this. lol

The show was bleh. Tyson is a queer.
I bet with his mods he should pull like 290. lol The other guy was like wanna bet. I bet 240 ish.

Why do people think that suede everything is cool? Although it looked nice, its not an Escalade, its a freaking sports car. The seats were hotttt though

Overall the looks of the car turned out nicely. I would have ditched the wing though. I hate those things.
I love how he asked for Twins and they gave him an SC. I can see why, they didnt have to rip the engine out to put it in. lol

Anyway I also hate how any shows having imports on them references back to drifting in some way or another. WTF? Drifting is not all that damn cool.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Zilvia

Originally Posted by PM-Performance

Why do people think that suede everything is cool? Although it looked nice, its not an Escalade, its a freaking sports car. The seats were hotttt though

Anyway I also hate how any shows having imports on them references back to drifting in some way or another. WTF? Drifting is not all that damn cool.

Suede looks good on anything, obviously they wanted it to be top notch show style. And helps to complete the look.

As for drifting, true its not every ones cup of tea, But maybe the guy really liked drifting, obvious by all the crazy donuts they did in the beginning. Just dont tell me you like love drag racing or something pointless like that.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by Zilvia
Suede looks good on anything, obviously they wanted it to be top notch show style. And helps to complete the look.

As for drifting, true its not every ones cup of tea, But maybe the guy really liked drifting, obvious by all the crazy donuts they did in the beginning. Just dont tell me you like love drag racing or something pointless like that.
the drifting was only at the end, when they featured part of the formula D. the rest were doughnuts and burnouts lol. As for the seats, they were Cobra's, enough said. If they weren't ricers they wouldn't have gone with those seats.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Zilvia

whats wrong with Cobras.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:56 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The shopping spree in the store drove me crazyyyyy that was fukin awesom, car was sick show sucked
Old 07-13-2007, 09:57 AM
PM-Performance

I am a drag racer mainly, but enjoy many diff kinds of autosports, but Im just saying. Anything to do with imports is playing out drifting. because they know nothing about anything other then, what the young kids want to see.
I dont think he was into drifting. I think fa g got @SS Tyson wanted to show off his sKiLz
I do enjoy to watch drifting every now and again, but I think people go a little overboard with this new fad among the worlds youth and commercialize it too much.

Suede looks good yes, but sueding out a sports car is bleh. Even the upholster said something to Tyson when he wanted to suede up all this random crap in the trunk. She cut him short and basically said she did not want it to look gawdy.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:02 AM
PM-Performance

whats wrong with Cobras.
That I will agree with you on. What is wrong with Cobras? They are much higher priced and quality then stuff like Sparco and Momo.

Bride and Cobra would be top of my list. I was actually surprised they put something like that in there. I thought they would have cheesed out and picked like Sparcos.

The shopping in Autobocs was nutty.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 AM
twotonez

very poor power gain
Old 07-13-2007, 10:41 AM
FROMTHEDIG!

the kid was like 17 right that car will end up wrecked in like a month
Old 07-13-2007, 10:46 AM
High Octane

Originally Posted by D350Z10
The shopping spree in the store drove me crazyyyyy that was fukin awesom, car was sick show sucked
Exactly what me and my friends were talking about during that part. It would be a dream of mine to just walk up and own the isles and pick up parts. But IMO that was just for show, when he picked up the exhaust, how did he know it was the one for the Z? He just took the first one he saw. (If the store he was at was a 350z supplier then nevermind that post)

I loved those rims they put on the car.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:59 AM
rhythmnsmoke

The shopping spree was AWESOME! But I agree also that it was a lot of "show" involved with that part. When the guy went to grab the TEIN suspension, he picked up an S-tech Box. But the car actually ended up with FLEX coilovers installed.

Show did lack a little finesse, but the car was BAD A$$! Especially when it was rolling. I too was disappointed with the After dyno. When they dynoed 3XX to the wheels, I was like, "If you would have given the guy a Twin Turbo setup, like he had envisioned, those numbers would be 4XX instead". I did like the fact that they dynoed the car though. That has never been done in any prior tuner shows.

And someone had comment on how the guy didn't know anything about the Z, because he didn't know about the EDFC. That was apart of the show. As they gave description on All of the products being installed. Kinda like a mini tutorial.

My thing is though, will all the shows describe Everything in detail like that. Eventually people will be like...."yeah, those are springs, you said that last episode".

All in all, I give the "Show" a B-. I give the "Car" an A+.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Zilvia

man i wish every state had Super Autobacs store..................
Old 07-13-2007, 11:14 AM
PM-Performance

Yea I saw the Tein box, that cracked me up. I was like WTF? I thought they were putting Flex's on that thing lol

Autobocs would be great to have close by. I would just hang out there all day likely. So maybe it wouldnt be great

I do like how they dynoed before and after though. The whole thing with the intercooler and making 450+. hmmmmm yea they were real close at 325whp. clowns
I wonder if they actually tuned it? I doubt it since they were running the FMU out of the box. More gains could be made with even a reflash or some kind of fuel tuning at the least.
Better then most other shows though. Just Tyson is a queer. He got on my nerves the whole show
Old 07-13-2007, 11:24 AM
rhythmnsmoke

Well, this show is a step in the right direction. Taking into account some of the things all you guys are mention about how "I would have did this different", or "they should have did this, and that". I can only imagine you trying to fit all of what you would have "Liked to have seen" into 1 show, and educate the people on what you were doing at the same time. LOL....Show's producer would cut you short so fast. Not to mention that of course the Editor of the show's footage cut out a LOT of stuff we don't get to see. Of course we would have like to seen it tuned. But if we got that request, I'm sure there would be something else to mention you would have like to have seen done...LOL.

All in all, at least they are getting an idea of what type of shows "REAL" car enthusiast want to see. Overhaulin type shows. And this one fits the bill, with the same concept as Overhaulin, except with Imports.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not the perfect choice of all the parts...had a mix of good with rice. Overall turned out ok.
+1 I totally agree. I was a little disappointed actually, but the paint job was fantastic (sans skulls).

Quick Reply: Fine Tuned