Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Fleeced by VRT but Revived by Relentless Autosports

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007 | 01:12 PM
dozzer1b

Originally Posted by dave079
Why has no one yet beaten Mike Alvarez's head in with a bat yet?

o believe me i want 2.....i just dont want 2 end up in the same cell as him!
Old 10-17-2007 | 04:24 PM
Gammawolf

Originally Posted by dave079
Are the people on G35driver and all the other possible Z/G sites aware of VRT?
I posted this very same thread on Driver and 6mt.net. So I'm doing what I can.
Old 10-17-2007 | 04:48 PM
soleil
NolaZcc
Premier Member

great story...i love happy endings
Old 10-17-2007 | 05:42 PM
fklentz

Originally Posted by Gammawolf
the 350z roadster that's a convertible? if such is the case, do you know i drove it back from the dyno shop? when Mr. A and I went to the dyno shop and there was a problem with the clutch and i had to go and Mr. subsequently faked the dyno sheet . . . well he drove this white 350z there to get it dynoed that day as well. since my Brother's G was not going anywhere, he had to call his guys to get the trailer and he told me to drive the white 350z roadster back to the shop.

don't worry, i didn't push it or anything. i drove it sooo gingerly, i didn't want to be responsible if anything happened.

so how did your Z turn out?
AND when my roadster was there in june MRA had me test drive your brothers G to show me the power the 700BB kit has in trying to get me to upgrade to them, I also was very timid in driving it around the airport there, maybe a mile. From the power it had I would have thought it had more power that you had it dynoed at. Also that day was the day that the 350Z from the magazine was towed in there, MRA and the guy from the magazine took off in the G, I'm sure he was going to show him what kind of power to expect.

I'm glad to hear RA took care of it for you, I'm thinking of having RA go thru my roadster as well for the same things, missing nuts and bolts and poor fittment of boost piping. I took it to JWT and as soon as I popped the hood they were pointing out install errors, some serious that need fixing. They gave me Mark Brent's phone number and said to talk to him to check it out in greater depth.

As for taking VRT to court to me it looks like futility, even if you were to win what could you collect? EVERYTHING he has is probably owned by the bank AND it was under VRT LLC. The only thing I was told by the JWT people is that they filed charges against VRT in regards to merchandise given to VRT for install on magazine article cars that were not returned when everything folded.

Having my car at VRT while this whole mess was unfolding was something that I'd wish never happened. My only solace is that I was only having an engine swap, the engine I had installed was done by VRT but it was done when VRT was new and Scott and Mark were still there.
Old 10-17-2007 | 06:06 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

All of these stories make me sick. I am glad that I went with my gut instinct to follow Scott and Mark when they left VRT to start Relentless.
Old 10-17-2007 | 06:42 PM
THE ROADSTER

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
All of these stories make me sick. I am glad that I went with my gut instinct to follow Scott and Mark when they left VRT to start Relentless.

If I recall, Mike used the nice article "Double Down 350z" as part of his sale scam.

Was this article about your car ?
Old 10-17-2007 | 06:47 PM
kalima275Z

This is so disturbing, mostly because he's a huge scam and if you didn't know the real deal, his professional BS'd website could hook sucker in a NY minute.
Old 10-17-2007 | 07:35 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by THE ROADSTER
If I recall, Mike used the nice article "Double Down 350z" as part of his sale scam.

No, there was no relation to that article and the RA Double Down Time Attack car.
Old 10-17-2007 | 08:09 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

There was two "Double Down" features. The original one was in Modified Magazine on my car right after it got out of VRT in January 2006. I think it was the August 2006 issue. Then he had two black G35s featured in C16 Magazine I beleive it was and "coincidentally" the title of that feature was also Double Down.
Old 10-17-2007 | 09:04 PM
ShamrockG
Banned

There was two "Double Down" features. The original one was in Modified Magazine on my car right after it got out of VRT in January 2006. I think it was the August 2006 issue. Then he had two black G35s featured in C16 Magazine I beleive it was and "coincidentally" the title of that feature was also Double Down.
Too confusing to me.

All's I can say is way to go Relentless Autosports for fixing someones elses screw up. That shop is definately on the right track.
Old 10-17-2007 | 09:27 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ShamrockG
Too confusing to me.

All's I can say is way to go Relentless Autosports for fixing someones elses screw up. That shop is definately on the right track.
Hahaha, I just read it to myself and even I got confused. Here...

My car (silver 350Z) was featured in Modified mag in 2006 and the article was titled "Double Down" and I have stuck with that nickname ever since. The photos were taken in late February 2006 right after its initial visit to VRT which at the time was a fairly new company. Scott was my contact at VRT and Mark was the only mechanic at the time.

Two black G35s were featured in C16 magazine shortly after Scott and Mark left to start Relentless. Coincidentally, that article was also titled "Double Down."

So depending on which one of those two that d**k weed showed THE ROADSTER, it may or may not have been my car.
Old 10-18-2007 | 06:14 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by chris'smax
I know one thing if all courses of legal action come to a dead end, I would be showing up at Mr. Alvarez's house with a black garbage bag, a shovel, and a skill saw.

+100000000000000000000000
Old 10-18-2007 | 06:47 AM
THE ROADSTER

Hahaha, I just read it to myself and even I got confused. Here...

My car (silver 350Z) was featured in Modified mag in 2006 and the article was titled "Double Down" and I have stuck with that nickname ever since. The photos were taken in late February 2006 right after its initial visit to VRT which at the time was a fairly new company. Scott was my contact at VRT and Mark was the only mechanic at the time.

Two black G35s were featured in C16 magazine shortly after Scott and Mark left to start Relentless. Coincidentally, that article was also titled "Double Down."

So depending on which one of those two that d**k weed showed THE ROADSTER, it may or may not have been my car.

thank you Sincity, yes, the 2 black Gs was the article Mike used to sucker me in.
Old 10-18-2007 | 09:16 AM
Devil Z

Why is RA getting bashed by two other shops in Phithy's thread? MRC and Forged?

WTF is going on. I think the public here at my350z has a right to know just WHAT the hell the Vendors "secretly supposedly knows."

Share your dark deep secrets. We're all waiting.
Old 10-18-2007 | 09:22 AM
buzzardmountain

thank you Sincity, yes, the 2 black Gs was the article Mike used to sucker me in.
That's a shame....

My one phone conversation with him (Mr. A$$hole) I got that really uneasy slick used car salesman feeling.

Not wanting to give me a written quote, "just ship it out here"....didn't listen to anything I asked, just we'll put brakes, suspension, re-do your interior, etc.....

I had only contacted him when I was interested in the JWT TT kit initially and they were the only vendor with access.

My phone call was about the TT kit only, but by the end of the call, it was the hard sell on every other item not FI related.

I just told him "I'll call you...."

lol

<---Hopes it's okay to post this experience.
Old 10-18-2007 | 09:26 AM
Devil Z

I've had a few PM's with me.

Me: "What power output is the JWT TT kit good for?"

Mr.A: "The JWT uses state-of-the-art hybrid Garrett turbochargers with virtually no lag. Radical kit."

Me: "Do you guys work on Z's with the APS kit?"

Mr.A: "We work on all Garrett Z's. APS uses the same turbos as the JWT kit."

Me: "Thanks"

Mr.A: "Can I have an email for future reference?"
Old 10-18-2007 | 09:35 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Devil Z
I've had a few PM's with me.

Me: "What power output is the JWT TT kit good for?"

Mr.A: "The JWT uses state-of-the-art hybrid Garrett turbochargers with virtually no lag. Radical kit."

Me: "Do you guys work on Z's with the APS kit?"

Mr.A: "We work on all Garrett Z's. APS uses the same turbos as the JWT kit."

Me: "Thanks"

Mr.A: "Can I have an email for future reference?"
That is hilarious. He was pretty good at dodging the question.
Old 10-18-2007 | 10:33 AM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
That is hilarious. He was pretty good at dodging the question.
I was like "WTF is this dude high or just stupid?"

I was a car salesman so I tend to avoid people that talk like that LOL.

Did you guys ever see the episode of Family Guy with that sleazy car salesperson? That was fawking AWESOME.
Old 10-18-2007 | 11:07 AM
kalima275Z

Lois: Peter, this car has dents in it, and it's got a cardboard steering wheel.. And look, there's no engine! It just has a drawing of an engine!

Car salesman: But it only had one previous owner...James Bond!

Peter: I'll take it!

Quick Reply: Fleeced by VRT but Revived by Relentless Autosports