Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

488 whp Vinny Ten Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008 | 02:27 PM
turismo

Nice first post. Congrats on the numbers
Old 04-25-2008 | 03:09 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by DMK
Then wouldn't the stock head bolts be only good for up to ~500whp at most? I know for the ARP ones, it says they are good up to ~525whp.
The stock headbolts and standard arp are good for alot more, promise.
Old 04-25-2008 | 03:48 PM
joe~075

Big HI-5 for vinny ten doing another great job!
congrats on your build
Old 04-25-2008 | 03:54 PM
350Zzzz
Professional
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 350ZDent
Hi Guys
I just picked up my car from V.T.R. and all I can say is awesome! I have a VTR stg I engine, JWT twin turbo kit with 700’s, Koyo radiator, set of level 5 axels from Driveshaft Shop, RPS clutch with s/s lines, Evo TT Exhaust and AP Racing 6 piston front/4piston rear brake kit. We made 488.45 hp @ 12psi and 436.02 torque on pump gas. We have run this car hard without any overheating or head lift. I love it! I’m breaking in the engine now and after 500 miles, we will turn up the boost. My goal is 500 hp on pump gas which should not be a problem since its only 12 hp from my goal. I recently became concerned over the overheating issues posted on these forums however, Vinny assured me I would not have any of those problems with his engines and he’s right, the car performs flawlessly. Once again, Vinny Ten Racing comes thru!
VTR Rocks!
Congratulations man, you must have been super ecstatic, grinning from ear to ear all the way home. To top it all, picked up your car just before the weekend, great timing; enjoy. Did you see my car, the Silverstone Z with the ROH-RT rims?

G
Old 04-25-2008 | 07:27 PM
leojang

Which car is yours? I was there today!
and congrats on the numbers looking good
Old 04-25-2008 | 10:08 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Can we please keep this thread on topic and congrats on your new found power
Old 04-26-2008 | 01:19 PM
350Zzzz
Professional
Premier Member

The STREET FIGHTEN STG-I long block is an amazing power house that is designed specifically for stop/go heavy traffic , over-all street conditions; with the power to run any streetable car to the ground on the track. It all depends on your shifting abilities and putting that power to the ground.

The power and torque curves are amazing, even at its present conservative run-in tune. The blow by blow data on the chart gives you a clear picture when the torque and power starts to kick in; at 3800 to 4000 rpm you are already in the 400 ft/lb torque range, with good tires and some practice you’ll experience quite a back-head-slap at launch.

The combination of parts and design have been tried and tested, the entire package works hand in glove together as one, complimenting each other. Basically VTR tried and tested various performance parts and design before handing you the keys to your street fighten Z.

The VQ is just like the human body; it will reject and destroy a transplanted part if it does not synchronize with it. Different aftermarket components, no matter how high the quality of built maybe will either work against each other or together. In my experience, my belief is to let someone else do the trial and error before selling me the package.

But if you are the weekend mechanic with the bucks, then you might go about modifying your Z in a different way by taking the time and financial risk into your own hands. Not many of us have the luxury to do that, for me I know what I want but I don’t have the time to do it myself.

Peaceful enjoyment with my VQ; that is what I want. I need my sleep at night to work for the bucks to feed my VQ habit

Happy motoring and hope to meet you in the next meet.

Originally Posted by leojang
Which car is yours? I was there today!
and congrats on the numbers looking good
Hi, it is the silverstone ZEEONE with the stage-3 engine, the rear, both side quarter glass has the club sticker ZGCA on it; 2 wideband A/F sensors inside with the JWT 700B twins. The car has the 18" ROH wheels/ BFGoodrich G-Force KDW2; the 19" HREs in my avatar, came off, for the moment at least.
Old 04-26-2008 | 02:06 PM
XKR

Congrats

Old 04-26-2008 | 06:42 PM
z350boy
Banned

Hi Guys
I just picked up my car from V.T.R. and all I can say is awesome! I have a VTR stg I engine, JWT twin turbo kit with 700’s, Koyo radiator, set of level 5 axels from Driveshaft Shop, RPS clutch with s/s lines, Evo TT Exhaust and AP Racing 6 piston front/4piston rear brake kit. We made 488.45 hp @ 12psi and 436.02 torque on pump gas. We have run this car hard without any overheating or head lift. I love it! I’m breaking in the engine now and after 500 miles, we will turn up the boost. My goal is 500 hp on pump gas which should not be a problem since its only 12 hp from my goal. I recently became concerned over the overheating issues posted on these forums however, Vinny assured me I would not have any of those problems with his engines and he’s right, the car performs flawlessly. Once again, Vinny Ten Racing comes thru!
VTR Rocks!
Congrats on the build!!! Vinny did my JWT set-up last year. Can't wait to get a built block.
Old 04-27-2008 | 06:01 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

nice build man...congrats
Old 04-27-2008 | 06:04 AM
Sean

Hi Guys
VTR Rocks!

Isn't this kind of backwards?
Old 04-27-2008 | 06:08 AM
350 Rookie
Banned

Lol@vtr
Old 04-27-2008 | 06:39 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Welcome to the forums and the FI community!!! Remember to be VERY critical on the regular maintainance of your new vehicle and its add ons. Preventative mainatanance goes a long way in keeping your car running strong!!

Congrats to Vinny Ten on the build and great to see some really nice cars comming from his shop lately. He is a true Gentleman and true pioneer in whatever platform he touches!! Vinny and I always dont see eye to eye on certain subjects, but we got tons of respect for him and his achievements.

Great work!! And post some pics man..

Also what Engine management you did you opt for?
Old 04-27-2008 | 04:53 PM
rrmedicx

I'm guessing he is using the Hydra for EMS. That is his specialty from what i understand.
Old 04-29-2008 | 07:21 PM
jadenz350

this all makes sense to me now....my car had similar numbers using the same kit jwt 700 bb kit and shop last august....465 whp/414 wtq...but on a stock block!!!!! 3 weeks later....KABOOM...guess i am the tried and tested you speak of......never expected to pay thousands to be part of anyone's R&D dept....

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
The STREET FIGHTEN STG-I long block is an amazing power house that is designed specifically for stop/go heavy traffic , over-all street conditions; with the power to run any streetable car to the ground on the track. It all depends on your shifting abilities and putting that power to the ground.

The power and torque curves are amazing, even at its present conservative run-in tune. The blow by blow data on the chart gives you a clear picture when the torque and power starts to kick in; at 3800 to 4000 rpm you are already in the 400 ft/lb torque range, with good tires and some practice you’ll experience quite a back-head-slap at launch.

The combination of parts and design have been tried and tested, the entire package works hand in glove together as one, complimenting each other. Basically VTR tried and tested various performance parts and design before handing you the keys to your street fighten Z.

The VQ is just like the human body; it will reject and destroy a transplanted part if it does not synchronize with it. Different aftermarket components, no matter how high the quality of built maybe will either work against each other or together. In my experience, my belief is to let someone else do the trial and error before selling me the package.

But if you are the weekend mechanic with the bucks, then you might go about modifying your Z in a different way by taking the time and financial risk into your own hands. Not many of us have the luxury to do that, for me I know what I want but I don’t have the time to do it myself.

Peaceful enjoyment with my VQ; that is what I want. I need my sleep at night to work for the bucks to feed my VQ habit

Happy motoring and hope to meet you in the next meet.

Hi, it is the silverstone ZEEONE with the stage-3 engine, the rear, both side quarter glass has the club sticker ZGCA on it; 2 wideband A/F sensors inside with the JWT 700B twins. The car has the 18" ROH wheels/ BFGoodrich G-Force KDW2; the 19" HREs in my avatar, came off, for the moment at least.
Old 04-30-2008 | 09:23 AM
350Zzzz
Professional
Premier Member

Originally Posted by jadenz350
this all makes sense to me now....my car had similar numbers using the same kit jwt 700 bb kit and shop last august....465 whp/414 wtq...but on a stock block!!!!! 3 weeks later....KABOOM...guess i am the tried and tested you speak of......never expected to pay thousands to be part of anyone's R&D dept....
It really sucks, when that happens, so sorry to hear that. Moreover, most of us think that we are being frugal about spending our hard earned dollars; but unfortunately the end result tells a different story…..penny wise, pound foolish.

I didn't have it as bad, however, after my 5th gasket blew I said to myself, enough of this and went up to Vinny and said, "I would like to offer my car up to the VQ35DE science foundation for research".....LOL

I am having more fun now, and with less worries. So what are your plans, or have you replaced and modified your block?

Best
G
Old 04-30-2008 | 02:30 PM
jadenz350

currently building the block now in prep for getting the kit back on within the next few weeks. new engine replaced so after ~$15k back to stock. using a different shop since I wasn't able to understand how such a genius with the VQ would recommend the bigger kit (understanding that I was intending to build this spring anyway.....set the car up to run with that kind of power on the stock block....and just advise to not rev the car beyond 6k rpm to be safe. So in this case I don't think necessarily penny-wise and pound foolish...but rather foolish to trust the opinion of a respected expert. It only became clear to me that something was very wrong when I emailed JWT directly asking their opinion on me using a 700bb kit on a stock block and they advised against it and said I should have a FMU, forged internals, upgraded EMS...all the stuff I'm doing now. Funny enough they never said just don't rev past 6k like their expert authorized installer mechanic recommended to me....so I guess if I was foolish in any way it was not emailing JWT first before just trusting someone they say is an expert. Or the other thought is was VTR just unethical???...trying to get me to spend more money sooner by putting something out they knew would not work for long. That started making more sense to me when I went back after the engine blew and all of the built motor prices went up by thousands.

I spent a lot of time around the shop so I'm very familiar with what your car looks like but I guess also unfortunate that I never had a chance to hear or see it run....it must have been there for over three months getting your EMS done. I praise you for your patience with that shop....it would be very hard to convince me that your loyalty is due to you having some sort of an ownership stake. LOL

Hopefully I''l have a better experience with my new shop and if not...i'll just buy a faster car off the showroom and skip the drama.....life's way too short.

Would be great to see your car run to understand what makes you so happy....any events scheduled planned?

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
It really sucks, when that happens, so sorry to hear that. Moreover, most of us think that we are being frugal about spending our hard earned dollars; but unfortunately the end result tells a different story…..penny wise, pound foolish.

I didn't have it as bad, however, after my 5th gasket blew I said to myself, enough of this and went up to Vinny and said, "I would like to offer my car up to the VQ35DE science foundation for research".....LOL

I am having more fun now, and with less worries. So what are your plans, or have you replaced and modified your block?

Best
G
Old 04-30-2008 | 03:50 PM
rrmedicx

So who is doing the install now?
Old 04-30-2008 | 04:48 PM
350Zzzz
Professional
Premier Member

Oh Hell......You got me good man......and I walked right smack into that setup you got me man

I have known the man all these years, experiencing first hand his mastery and upfront personality; and I would place my life in his hands in a heartbeat.

And if you must know, the fact that my car is still at the shop, was completely by choice, mine alone. It was simple, as I wanted my friends ZR to go out first.

And, anyone who managed to experience my Z first hand, end of 2007/beginning of 2008 will tell you that it was totally unimaginable. Who knows, maybe one of them may spot this post and drop in to say HEL-LO

I know of many of VTR customers out there, friends of mine, who have been driving stock with the JWT’s and some even running in the low 11(s)…… and still running.

Really man, I wish you all the best and that things will eventually work out for you.
Old 04-30-2008 | 05:19 PM
doug

Originally Posted by NickRaine78
I have no idea what a vrt stage 1 is. I should have been more specific or I guess I could just look at the website

say what?

Quick Reply: 488 whp Vinny Ten Racing