Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My VTR experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:52 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
Beyond. Union NJ...
thats funny john and i are boys since way back when he bought that shop from marcello with the s2000-
Old 05-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by AlwaysNBoost
thats funny john and i are boys since way back when he bought that shop from marcello with the s2000-
Nice... I went to school HS with Cluadio and lived around the corner from him and his brother and John did my xenon lights and SSV install for pretty much nothing (good guys).. I had an Acura that he used to work on for me all the time.. small world

Last edited by Highway Riding; 05-06-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:57 AM
athenG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow congrats are you making no fcking sense,so what i broke a stock axle from a track edition z from 03 with more track and street races that u could ever imagine,at the track with slicks on-never seen that before just like you never heard of a boosted car blowing up with bigger turbos-listen kid you need to get a better understanding about boosted cars and 400hp + and street reliabilty-because from what i can read you have no clue-the game of boosted cars is unpredictable and anything can happen any real tuner will tell you that and from what it seems to me you wanted a boosted car with a lifetime bouncing off my rev limiter warranty-to me it sounds like you need a hug-oh yea and another thing vinny took my brembos off to clear the slicks big deal i have the old ones back on the car now-so what else can u dig up-make it interesting-dont be mad at me because u never saw the track, learn from youre mistakes and move on ...
Ok, we all know he's a noob in FI and that is why he went to a reputable shop to guide him!! Now it is VTR's responsibility to give him all the supporting mods to run that setup. It is not his job to tell Vinny what to put in there. I don't think other reputable shop will ever put a stock JWT with an upgrade turbo without upgrading the fuel and de-tuning the car how can you run 465whp with stock injector? VTR should've let him know what are needed to run those power...... I see many car run the Greddy TT and even though those kit can get you to mid to high 500whp. I don't see other shop going above 400whp with that kit. VTR doesn't give their customer to many option besides what they carry which is not that many to begin with.... just my .02
Old 05-06-2008, 06:58 AM
jadenz350

Best of luck to ya in the future ... I'm new to the Z game and now just learning about where to go and who to listen too. I'm sure these guys (mechanics) will be seeing a huge jump in Z's to be modified as all the lease returns come back and as they become more and more affordable so information really is priceless as well as learning from others mistakes is also priceless.(even if the mistake was not solely made on ur part which is the hardest part to deal with) again best of luck and hope all work with future mods..

appreciate that and good luck to you...i think you'll find that the most highly respected guys in the business don't have threads like this going around....my service to the Z community is telling the truth and it does get clouded when people stay away from the main points....

Why would VTR recommend an approach the manufacturers of the kit advised against?

How many other people that dealt with the shop have done a 700 kit on a stock motor?...most likely none.....everyone here is praising their work done using the 530 kit which is not in dispute by me or the manufacturer.

the debate started with claims of VTR brilliance/genius - what's genius about installing a JWT kit? the one part of my install that was not done by a junior guy in the shop and required thought and expertise was setting up the EMS to run the car+kit safely and that was screwed up royally....as other have pointed out....it should not have had that much power. Anyone who wishes to keep a good reputation does not have broken cars strewn in the streets...which is why JWT apparently hand picks only people who KNOW how to do things right...to install theirs..LOL

Again, thanks for reading and learning...and good luck with whoever you use...the story is good for any shop!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Highway Riding

If u remember Claudio had a boosted Z way back with no tune.. i wonder if that thing is still kicking. lol
Old 05-06-2008, 07:06 AM
jadenz350

wow congrats are you making no fcking sense,so what i broke a stock axle from a track edition z from 03 with more track and street races that u could ever imagine,at the track with slicks on-never seen that before just like you never heard of a boosted car blowing up with bigger turbos-listen kid you need to get a better understanding about boosted cars and 400hp + and street reliabilty-because from what i can read you have no clue-the game of boosted cars is unpredictable and anything can happen any real tuner will tell you that and from what it seems to me you wanted a boosted car with a lifetime bouncing off my rev limiter warranty-to me it sounds like you need a hug-oh yea and another thing vinny took my brembos off to clear the slicks big deal i have the old ones back on the car now-so what else can u dig up-make it interesting-dont be mad at me because u never saw the track, learn from youre mistakes and move on ...

First check your grammar...and wow what a rant....i must have hit a nerve!!!....at least you admit you broke your axle...to all forum members...I ask....how could i be lying?

kid ....no - adult with cash that Vinny figured out quickly. An adult willing to pay for expertise I didn't have myself....I shifted at 6k like Vinny advised me too.....never seen the redline ever....so was that good advice from him?? Unlike you breaking axles just to pay him again....i only wanted a good job done once that lasts longer than 3 weeks.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:10 AM
all yankees

[I have a day job and really don't care much about VTR's business....only interest is in accurate history.[/QUOTE]

i was willing to not talk about it....you've now opened a whole different door.

Agreed, we don't need to discuss how the engine materialized for your car, but maybe you need to re-read your own post about an accurate history.

You don't paint a complete picture here, as you only give the complete negative aspect of your experience.

A shop that assists its customers in unfortunate situations such as this to get the customers car back on the road at minimal expense can't be that bad.

Bottom line- is the car back on the road and are you able to enjoy the new power of your daily driver?
Old 05-06-2008, 07:19 AM
jadenz350

Originally Posted by all yankees
[I have a day job and really don't care much about VTR's business....only interest is in accurate history.
i was willing to not talk about it....you've now opened a whole different door.

Agreed, we don't need to discuss how the engine materialized for your car, but maybe you need to re-read your own post about an accurate history.

You don't paint a complete picture here, as you only give the complete negative aspect of your experience.

A shop that assists its customers in unfortunate situations such as this to get the customers car back on the road at minimal expense, is luxury that many of use would love to have available.

Bottom line- is the car back on the road and are you able to enjoy the new power of your daily driver?[/QUOTE]

Agreed on a few points here...I really don't think you and he or anyone wants to talk through how my car got back on the road....and you should not be fooled that it didn't cost me more money paid to him - where others did the work and absorbed costs...why did he need to get paid for the replacement stock motor? especially after agreeing that he should have known better after things went wrong. the appropriate fix was that since we were both at fault...his advice + i knew FI on stock was risky at any level - should have been 50/50. Remember - his motivation to get the car fixed back to stock was because he thought i was going to pay him the $2600 to re-install the kit....and tune it down to a safe 6 psi....frankly what should have been done the first time...for a genius.

Thanks for having a reasonable response rather than the normal fanboy nonsense....
Old 05-06-2008, 07:33 AM
jadenz350

Originally Posted by athenG
Ok, we all know he's a noob in FI and that is why he went to a reputable shop to guide him!! Now it is VTR's responsibility to give him all the supporting mods to run that setup. It is not his job to tell Vinny what to put in there. I don't think other reputable shop will ever put a stock JWT with an upgrade turbo without upgrading the fuel and de-tuning the car how can you run 465whp with stock injector? VTR should've let him know what are needed to run those power...... I see many car run the Greddy TT and even though those kit can get you to mid to high 500whp. I don't see other shop going above 400whp with that kit. VTR doesn't give their customer to many option besides what they carry which is not that many to begin with.... just my .02

Exacta mundo....where is the explanation on this....??? When a doctor prescribes medicine...should i trust it or go to med school and learn for myself??? don't you pay for their knowledge and expertise?
Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by jadenz350
First check your grammar...and wow what a rant....i must have hit a nerve!!!....at least you admit you broke your axle...to all forum members...I ask....how could i be lying?

kid ....no - adult with cash that Vinny figured out quickly. An adult willing to pay for expertise I didn't have myself....I shifted at 6k like Vinny advised me too.....never seen the redline ever....so was that good advice from him?? Unlike you breaking axles just to pay him again....i only wanted a good job done once that lasts longer than 3 weeks.
WOW, pay him again to install axles-no sorry vinny only installs and tunes my car everything else is done by me-u should try it maybe then u will have a better understanding kid-i mean sir
Old 05-06-2008, 07:40 AM
AlwaysNBoost

If u remember Claudio had a boosted Z way back with no tune.. i wonder if that thing is still kicking. lol
yea that would be funny but i doubt it-its funny you said that i think i know who you are now do you have a black z that you where getting a intake plenum installed while i was fixing my friends cobra rear on the lift inside the shop
Old 05-06-2008, 07:41 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Exacta mundo....where is the explanation on this....??? When a doctor prescribes medicine...should i trust it or go to med school and learn for myself??? don't you pay for their knowledge and expertise?
and another thing jaden you should be nicer to people when you drop car off and less demanding-are you use to crying and getting what u want-seems like it to me
Old 05-06-2008, 07:42 AM
jadenz350

good man....just wished he would have offered to tune mine since that was the simple adjustment to make....

let's bury the hatchet between us...i don't know u and you don't know me and we already don't like each other because of somebody elses problem you wanted to defend....

to start our new found friendship....since you're so much more experienced than me I would be forever grateful if you could give me your opinion on why Vinny would recommend such a bad set up...to a noob?

sincerely....
Old 05-06-2008, 07:48 AM
joe~075

jadenz,
you also blew your transmission a week or two earlier how is that holding up.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:51 AM
jadenz350

and another thing jaden you should be nicer to people when you drop car off and less demanding-are you use to crying and getting what u want-seems like it to me

so are you implying that he didn't tune it down because I wasn't nice to a guy that took three times longer to do the job he swore was a cakewalk.....therefore....the engine blew and he got his revenge? when people pay big money for a job and agree a timeline...sorry but I DO have the right to demand people make good on what they promise. So do you....and anybody else who is a paying customer...thats how business works....fanboys like you can learn from guys like me....don't be ignorant..just trying to help.

BTW...you sound like Vinny with these posts...something he would say as he tries to stay away from answering simple questions....lets focus on his genius advice for a minute.....what are your thoughts there ....you don't seem to have an answer.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:52 AM
jadenz350

Originally Posted by joe~075
jadenz,
you also blew your transmission a week or two earlier how is that holding up.
never had a transmission issue....wrong guy.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Highway Riding

yea that would be funny but i doubt it-its funny you said that i think i know who you are now do you have a black z that you where getting a intake plenum installed while i was fixing my friends cobra rear on the lift inside the shop
thats me brutha.. lol small *** world
Old 05-06-2008, 07:55 AM
AlwaysNBoost

good man....just wished he would have offered to tune mine since that was the simple adjustment to make....

let's bury the hatchet between us...i don't know u and you don't know me and we already don't like each other because of somebody elses problem you wanted to defend....

to start our new found friendship....since you're so much more experienced than me I would be forever grateful if you could give me your opinion on why Vinny would recommend such a bad set up...to a noob?

sincerely....
ok,squash the beef-done- as far as why vinny recommended u the 700's was maybe it was to save u the cost of buying them down the road,or maybe it was because he assumed you where building the motor-i can give you 50 reasons why,but on the real mydude im not here to defend him as i stated before because i dont know the whole story i just said i feel for u, and it sucks what u went though-u now have the knowledge to get you car done the way u want not the way someone says it should be-dont let a miscommunication or a bad experience upset u-believe u me i have built cars and had to tear them down myself before i realized that it was money wasted. but thats how u learn from mistakes, im not cheering for vinny or knocking him down,but with me and all my friends he has been a stand up guy and str8 up with us-and in his business it can be very very stressfull dealing with customers demanding things and deadlines to meet(not talking about you dont take offense)-but remember thats why we have forums so u can learn about the good shops and great products out there use it to youre advantage-good luck and remember have fun and be safe
Old 05-06-2008, 07:57 AM
AlwaysNBoost

thats me brutha.. lol small *** world
haha i knew it my boy,i knew it was u lol how u been-you threw me off when u said a white z with nismo wheels-i ante got those my wheels are stock grand touring wheels-that day my mans z06 was outside a white g37 and my mans blown cobra-we fuked up the rear and we where taking it apart-i'll never forget that day because i could not believe how good of a deal u got on that plenum haha
Old 05-06-2008, 08:02 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by SlideFox
^^^For a momment there I thought you were posting about VRT not VTR

+1...its confusing

Quick Reply: My VTR experience