Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

High horsepower fuel solutions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by meatbag
I have a fuel cell in mine and its great on the street. Just depends on how you set it up.
I'd do it if I had a G. Wish I had the room for your setup...very impressive.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:28 PM
chris'smax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
exactly my feelings.... maybe even 550 whp for just walbro w/ rfs for confort zone...i know some have ran fine for a while in the 580whp range
jeremy made 720whp on mine w/ just a walboro and CJM fuel return on Q16. Now my car has only ran for a couple of days, but my issues aren't Fuel pump related. Do you guys forsee a problem when running on one walboro over time at this power level?
Old 10-03-2008, 05:34 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

720 wow.... what FD ratio do you have?
Old 10-03-2008, 05:38 PM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by phunk
720 wow.... what FD ratio do you have?
FD ratio???
Old 10-03-2008, 05:39 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

final drive, the rear diff
Old 10-03-2008, 05:43 PM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by phunk
final drive, the rear diff
oh ahahah. I saw the FD and thought final drive, but the ratio thrown on the end threw me lol.

I still have the stock gearing, base model w/o a lsd ahahhahah. My car left PF w/ alot more power then i was thinking when i brought it in.

I have twin t3/t4 60-1 turbos so the lag aids in traction. The power curve isn't as brunt as the greddy kit and the power curve looks pretty linear.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:57 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

right on, i was actually thinking in terms of how it would effect the rear wheel HP reading. its pretty cool you made it that far.

i guess some of us make it further than others with one pump, im not sure what my RWHP is now since I havent had it on a dyno but i run 16psi all the time and sometimes up to 18-20 playing around and havent leaned it out yet....

some of you probably find it strange that my car doesnt have 2 pumps in it LOL. havent had any extra units to put in there yet ;|
Old 10-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Well, in all honesty I think our hanger and Charlies hanger are both options.

Due to fitting 3 pumps, the canister will just not fit the opening anymore. Let's face it, when trying to supply 800+hp you are going to have sacrifice. Our pump hanger will not be for everyone, but it is for some looking to make some good power or wanting to run good power on E85.

Tom's (thom00001) car is the real live test situation, after testing on the bench during developement. So far that hanger has exceeded larry and I's expectations. We are using a venture siphon piece from a OEM gas tank (Lexus) and it is working EXCELLENT, if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us The level sensor is working great on Tom's car as well.

Charlie is a good friend and I believe in his work/products, so I'm not going to make this thread about ours or his. We both have our place.

In our shop car we are running a big weldon external because we didn't have the hangers done at the time, but frankly I feel confident putting our triple hanger on....if i had the time (maybe over winter).

Chris
Old 10-03-2008, 06:41 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by thawk408
Pics and more information please. I searched but all your pics are red X's. You have me semi-interested in a cell.

As of right now AAM doesnt have a solution that will compete with the other 2. If they have any new designs, now is the time to reveal .
Yeah I always take pics down after awhile so stuff just isnt floating around.

I have an 80L ATL fuel cell in an aluminum case with an internal bladder. Also inside the cell is foam to keep things from sloshing and also an internal surge tank that holds the Bosch pumps as well. The cell is vented to the outside of the car so the gas smell isn't that bad but you will have some. I also have a fuel level sender that will be wired into the stock level sender wiring so my gas gauge will work in the dash. In the end its pretty quiet for 1600bhp worth of fuel, I still have a gas gauge, and it holds more then the stock tank.

This is what the internal surge tank looks like but mine just has provisions for two pumps.

They machine the top plate to accommodate whatever your setup is.

Here is mine installed. This is an old pic from the build up.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:40 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by chris'smax
jeremy made 720whp on mine w/ just a walboro and CJM fuel return on Q16. Now my car has only ran for a couple of days, but my issues aren't Fuel pump related. Do you guys forsee a problem when running on one walboro over time at this power level?
i don't think its out of this world that you saw those numbers with your setup, but keep in mind you used C16.... you ain't going to be driving that on the road and for daily drive your best friend is octane and abundant fuel delivery...
what sis your low boost tune for daily drive? i don't think its north of 600.

I am personally running a similar prototype twin/tripple setup from powerlab... same as the twin gt37r wald Z, and what the green widebody g runs (but not available yet )

Just like Larry says this setups arent for everybody and anybody that really needs a tripple must understand a compromise must be reached somewhere, so props to SP for having such a system out there for those taking the challenge of reaching north of 1000hp

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 10-03-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:51 PM
chris'smax

i don't think its out of this world that you saw those numbers with your setup, but keep in mind you used C16.... you ain't going to be driving that on the road and for daily drive your best friend is octane and abundant fuel delivery...
what sis your low boost tune for daily drive? i don't think its north of 600
well i know i am not going to be driving around daily lol. My wallet wouldn't be able to take that . I do plan on using it ocassionaly though

My low boost is 450whp and high boost is 615whp. The high boost is FUN so it might stay on that alot
Old 10-04-2008, 07:37 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What about the limits of the AAM External Bosch with surge tank. What is the highest anyone has taken that set-up? Maybe 700-ish? or more? Can anyone from AAM interject on that subject? When teamed up with an in tank Walbro, its not a bad deal. From what i understand the Bosch pump alone has taken porsche's to about 1000 rwhp. (Thats just what I've heard)
Old 10-04-2008, 08:10 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
What about the limits of the AAM External Bosch with surge tank. What is the highest anyone has taken that set-up? Maybe 700-ish? or more? Can anyone from AAM interject on that subject? When teamed up with an in tank Walbro, its not a bad deal. From what i understand the Bosch pump alone has taken porsche's to about 1000 rwhp. (Thats just what I've heard)
The AAM unit has some design flaws with the way the fuel is routed and in how the surge tank is laid out horizontally. People have had fuel starvation issues with it.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:35 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what sis your low boost tune for daily drive? i don't think its north of 600.

I am personally running a similar prototype twin/tripple setup from powerlab... same as the twin gt37r wald Z, and what the green widebody g runs (but not available yet )

Just like Larry says this setups arent for everybody and anybody that really needs a tripple must understand a compromise must be reached somewhere, so props to SP for having such a system out there for those taking the challenge of reaching north of 1000hp
+1

Also, just look at the history of what the Supra guys have done as an indicator for what we should expect for a twin or triple pump system on a VQ.

I'm another lucky recipient of a prototype PowerLab twin pump system. I plan to track my car on both the drag strip and road course, as well as do a decent amount of street driving. I intend to post my reviews.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:10 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the reason that we developed the triple pump hanger. In our past experiences we have seen most modifed car owners get complacent with their HP levels. They start out at 600, then 900 then 1200 etc. With the triple pump hanger you can run one pump, two or three. You will never have to upgrade your main fuel system again. Just add another pump.... or turn it on etc. The venturi siphon works 100% like the stock one so fuel is drawn from both sides. The fuel level senders work perfectly etc. There are no drawbacks to running it.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
The venturi siphon works 100% like the stock one so fuel is drawn from both sides.
But oem venturis aren't setup for 1500hp worth of fuel.. From my limited experience with testing 350Z fuel systems I am concerned with the venturi's ability to function properly at high/low flow situations. Are you able to maintain 35psi fuel pressure at idle?
Old 10-05-2008, 06:57 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
Here is the reason that we developed the triple pump hanger. In our past experiences we have seen most modifed car owners get complacent with their HP levels. They start out at 600, then 900 then 1200 etc. With the triple pump hanger you can run one pump, two or three. You will never have to upgrade your main fuel system again. Just add another pump.... or turn it on etc. .
That's a prudent concept that makes a lot of sense. Of course you've seen this all before with the Supra.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:59 AM
thawk408

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
But oem venturis aren't setup for 1500hp worth of fuel.. From my limited experience with testing 350Z fuel systems I am concerned with the venturi's ability to function properly at high/low flow situations. Are you able to maintain 35psi fuel pressure at idle?
My concern also.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:39 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hal@IP

Of course, why wouldnt you be able to?? You are only running one pump at idle!!

But in our shop 350z I can maintain 35 psi at idle with the 2000 HP weldon pump running too!
Old 10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Right, we do the same on our car.. because the Weldon is not returning through a tiny oem venturi. And I would want it to be able to maintain the lowest psi with all 3 pumps on, otherwise what happens when one stages in and then the next - fluctuating fuel pressure? Really I just need to put one in our test tank at the shop and play with it...

Quick Reply: High horsepower fuel solutions