Notices

FS: CT: GReddy 18g Twin Turbo Kit - $4200!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 AM
woRthy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-24-2011, 12:27 PM
civic4982

The likely answer to this is that the turbos were bad. Has nothing to do with the model of his engine whether revup or not (the year model difference you've discussed).

If you advertised the turbos as in good condition and they were not then you should do what it takes to make it right. Now if you never had them inspected to begin with (the turbos) then you have no idea what condition they were in to begin with. If you had them inspected them please do share the records of clean bill of health from Greddy or another turbo repair facility.

People who buy used wearable parts should all have them inspected prior to purchase or at least prior to install. Include that in the total cost of your setup and you'll be surprised how many with twins would likely rather purchase new than used.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:28 PM
civic4982

Originally Posted by woRthy
GTFO you scamming piece of @#$^.

https://my350z.com/forum/turbos-nitr...ingle-kit.html

They should've banned your sorry @$$.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:12 PM
erichsherrill

hmm..
Old 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
edd2045

to back manny up..i was there for the whole install..turbos were not dropped, not much you can really to blow seals on a turbo without running them first, at first start up before he drove, the car was smoking for quite a while while he let the car warm up, on the drive around i was behind him and still a lot of smoke coming out and smelled like straight up oil burning, so i told him to jack it back up and remove some piping and sure enough there was oil in all the pipes and on the bottom of the intercooler, granted one side had more than the other but still they were both leaking..so with that said he can say they were in great condition but the turbos did have some shaft play and the obvious seals were leaking..his whole exhaust is cover in oil too the inside of it!!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
edd2045

Originally Posted by civic4982

LOL
Old 02-24-2011, 06:38 PM
woRthy
Banned

Originally Posted by civic4982

didnt do anything wrong
Old 02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
06z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^soooo. you didnt send someone a box of water bottles? Makes no sense even being here unless your just looking for info. Nobody will ever do any kind of business with you. So I wouldnt waste my time in the market place. Just some advice
Old 02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
litoflow

Thanks Ed!

I'll be nice and respond back to your reply Mike but first bare with me because English is definitely not my first language.

Originally Posted by MichaelofHearts
Alright, I'll respond to this once just to get my side out so everyone knows the whole story man...

He gave me a down deposit for the kit because he was deployed in Florida. I held the kit for a month waiting for him to come back and answered every question he had for me in the mean time. During this time it was sitting uninstalled in a basement away from everything else. It wasn't touched at all, not even moved. He came to come get the kit, we chilled, talked, joked around, and he bought it for 300 dollars less than we originally agreed on, when that price was even lower than my asking price. I wanted to hook him up because he was a military guy and I have respect for them.
Now, I knew that uninstalling the kit was going to be a pain in the ***, so I paid someone to do it, a good friend of mine that knows his **** about cars and I watched him do it.
I cannot lie and do have to say i got the kit for a real good price from you, but then again couple things were missing, Fuel pump, gaskets, hoses, Engine Management System, etc i can go on that it adds up and now more with the price i will have to pay to get the turbos back "Rebuilt"

NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE KIT. I moved out of my families house and into a small condo, so the only reason I sold the kit was the fact that I was selling the car. I took several videos of the car holding full boost and creating good power prior to removing the kit. I even posted them on my thread, so you can follow the time line back. I also know that no damage was done during the install (to my car) because I took the car to performance Motorsports to be tuned and looked over after the install was done, and there was a small oil leak from the return on the pan...that was it. The turbos were in good shape. The car was also on 5 lbs the entire time the kit was on it. So its not like they were strained at all.
Just like you mentioned to me before that the kit made X amount of HP in the dyno and so on has nothing to do with the turbos having blown seals. The turbo will perform the same either if IT IS burning oil or NOT. They will not show a difference. Now when it comes to the life of the turbo and your engine if not monitor closely it is a different story. So with that being said, it will hold boost, and it will show as it is functioning properly but interiorly is not.

How can you say there was no damaged during the installed when you had the owner of the turbos and my boy Waldy *(Edd) in the forum* install the kit for you? Just because you took it to a shop doesn't mean anything because they only tell you what you want to hear.

I told Manny that this was a difficult job to do and that I knew someone who could install the turbos in less than a day and get it done right, but he assured me that his friends would be enough support. I received several calls during the time of install saying that something was wrong. He tried to put the passenger turbo on the driver side and flipped out at me when it didn't fit, blaming me instantaneously that I sold him the wrong kit. I had a three way conference call with him and my friend who explained that he had the turbos in the wrong place.
Really it wasn't THAT difficult, between bloody knuckles and only couple bolts here and there, also the fact i was missing gaskets to begin with and other stuff made the install hold a bit. I laugh man because your so call super boy that took the turbos together and now I remember you and him mentioned to me you guys took the turbos apart to dismount them easier, well let me just tell you when either you or him put them back together before i got to them they were assembled wrong and that was the reason why i wouldn't fit them. Thats the first thing wrong with them and it got me disappointed for a second, but easy fix after getting the pieces together.

AND, Before Manny even started the process of the install I told him that he should pull the motor, it would be the fastest and safest way to install the kit. It would eliminate most headaches that are associated with the install. He said he was pressed for time because he wanted to get the car down to Florida when he went back, I warned him that it was gonna be a pain in the ***, but again assured me that his friends would help.
So what does this has to do with anything about the turbos being blown??? and Yes i was pressed with time to get the car back in the road(which was not possible) and did know taking the engine out was the easiest way to install the bad boys but I am hardheaded and wanted to do them with the engine mounted. Now I can do the install with in a heartbeat since i had to go back again and take both Turbos out. but once again. What does going to Florida has to do with anything at all? Again another lame reply.

Now, I sold the kit to him on December 27th. He called me up in January the first time complaining that the Turbos "didn't fit" he was already threatening me at this point...but I ignored it to help him out. Than in Early February I get the call about the turbo leaking. I was at work and couldn't get back to him right away and the threats started coming again, so I honestly wasn't going to dish out money to help someone who was threatening me from the get go. Now yes, I am ignoring his calls and texts, but I wasn't at this point.
Ohh God Thanks you for text messages and the fact you can SAVE THEM!!! I know my English is not the best and I have been told sometimes i do not come out right with the things i say sometimes, but I got every single text i have sent you since i found out the turbos were leaking oil and at your request i can attached them if you want. This is the exact words i told you on my "SO THREATENING TEXT" 8FEB2011 0831 "Did you know the drive side turbo spits oil and its burning mad oil? Smoke coming out of the exhaust like no tomorrow and got oil all over. I'm going to inspect tonight and lift it up again. i really hope its not the turbo seals gone bad. Not really liking this at all bro" 08FEB0839 "Im a b very unhappy if you sold me a turbo with a blown seal but i shall find out tonight" (still not response from you) 08FEB2011 1754 "Dude get back at me asap, it ain't going to be pretty if you dont'" 08FEB2011 1934 "Sorry man its has blown turbo, seals".. Honestly i might come out wrong but i honestly hope you realized how mad i was to find out the turbos had blown seals after spending time and beating myself up to install them bad boys with bloody knuckles. I guess you wouldn't understand cause you pay someone to do the job for you.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
litoflow

Now heres the kicker, I don't know if this plays into any part of the turbos leaking or not, but I told Manny that I was under the impression that the GReddy Kit I had was meant for 2003-2005 350zs, the vq35de motor. He has a 2006. I BROUGHT THIS TO HIS ATTENTION. I said he should research it and make sure that this is the right kit before he buys it because I honestly wasn't sure. He told me it was and that it was no problem. AGAIN I don't know if this has anything to do with the turbos or not.
You want to know what i think of this response?? There fact my car is a 2006 and yours is a 2003 has nothing to do at all and it shows how good you know about the turbo being in good conditions. Please don't try to say that my motor had anything to do with the turbo at all i mean really? come on with a better excuse bro. I know you still saying you don't but definitely you should know and do your research.

I dont know if i said it enough but "IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TURBOS BEING HAVING BLOWN SEALS"

Now I'm not some douche bag trying to screw someone over for a quick dollar, and I apologize that this happened to you... I said that the first time you started to threaten me. I would of been more than happy to help you out but the time frame from when I gave you the turbos and when they were actually installed was just too long for me to be responsible, I don't know what happened during that time. I also know that they could of been damaged during the install, they could of been dropped, put in improperly, or you could of damaged them when you took them apart to fit them on the motor while it was still in the car. One of the turbos was much newer than the other, and neither of them had an ounce of shaft play. But hey, Even after all of this bullsh*t, I still might of been inclined to pay for one of the turbos to be rebuilt, to split the cost with you, but you started to threaten me, accuse me, and harass me. I'm not obligated to help you in anyway, but I would of. The kit was sound when I sold it to you, and I have many people that can vogue for me. I apologize again Manny, really I do, but you went about this the wrong way.
AGAIN! Thanks GOD for text messages and the fact i can save THEM!!! LMAO!! When did you say you would help? or that you would split cost? I have friends that heard you while you where on speaker phone crying out loud that you swore the car made 370 something to the wheels and so on with no problems and you never mentioned anything about helping me with the cost. I don't know where you pull that one out off. Then again I got the text and none say you would help at all.

So you gave me the kit in 27DEC2010. I tried working on it the same day. CT Temperature and between blizzards goes for about 30 degrees or less not to say Connecticut beat couple of records this year in regards to how cold and how much snow we got? I guess you didn't think of that did you? Anyways with the temperature so cold do you think i would be working on the car all day? Specially when the garage is even colder because it has no hitting while it is not being used and i had to lay in the floor that is frozen because the wood burner isn't heating the room temperature enough? HELL NO!! I barely worked 2 to 3 hours a day every so often and weeks would pass by and i wouldn't even show up in the garage because of how cold or how snowy it was outside. Do you want to know how much feet of snow i had in my driveway to the garage? 4-5 feet of snow so even if the car was ready and all, there was no way i could have driven it at all.

So with this being said There was no way IN HELL!! I would have been done a week after you sold me the kit. 1st i never made it to Florida with the z, i had to drive the Jeep because the z was never done. The most i got done on it was the dismount of the OEM headers so i didn't even get to removing the studs and changing their positions yet and it was December 29th. I got back from Florida January 12 and didn't start to work on the install until later on the month. I will say January 24-29. Now just to prove you wrong, there is no way in hell that even if i could have driven the z and the installed would have only lasted one weekend after i had bought the turbos from you, i could have blown the seals of both turbos in just 2 MONTHS. (Driver side is in the worst condition the passenger side). There is simply no way and not enough time for me to make the turbos suffer enough in this -5 to high 20s degrees that was the normal temps for January with still 5 feet of snow or more in my driveway to the garage to make the seals blow and have the turbos bleeding this amount of oil.

Now everyone knows the whole story, and you can take the information and determine what happened for yourselves. I sold the kit in working condition, I know that, and everyone that knows me as a person knows that.
This is the last post I'm gonna make on my350z, and the last I have to say about this issue completely, I'm done. So you can stop calling me/texting me, I'll change my number if that's what it takes, you can even ban me if you feel I'm at fault, but honestly I have a clear conscience about this because I know I didn't sell you a single busted turbo let alone two. The car was properly tuned and taking car of, I just sold it because I needed to get something awd.
Damn bro you SHOULD have a clear conscience thats for sure.(hope you see how sarcastic i am being oh wait in your response down below you wont be checking out this thread anymore cause you simply don't care right? lol..I guess you really ain't screwing anyone up? i should say...i'll say it again don't buy $hit from this guy..

My only reasoning in responding was to get the WHOLE story out to everyone. I know that everyone is gonna take Manny's side because its a family here and you get backed up when you say you got riped off. But thats not the case here. I didn't sell him blown turbos. But you guys can decide for yourselves. I'm honestly not even going to check this thread anymore, so bash me all you want, but at least know the whole story.
U sure you didnt sell me blown turbos? The http://www.theboostlab.com/
has both turbos. I was informed today 24FEB2011 that both turbos need rebuilt(of course nothing new) and the driver side needs new turbine blades. Full cost to fix is close to $1000.00 for both turbos including turbine blades. I WILL HAVE FULL INVOICE OF EVERYTHING BOOSTLAB IN TAMPA, FLORIDA DID ON IT AS I REQUESTED THEM TO DO SO I CAN POST A PICTURE ON THIS EXACT SAME THREAD FOR YOU TO SEE THAT YES, TURBOS NEEDED REBUILT AND THEY BOTH HAD BLOWN SEALS AND ONE NEEDING NEW TURBINE BLADES

PLEASE DO Check the picture below where my driver side turbo is DRUNK do to drinking to much oil. I guess i should say again, BLOWN SEALS MAYBE? Anyways picture below.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:34 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The kit was sound when I sold it to you, and I have many people that can VOGUE for me. I apologize again Manny, really I do, but you went about this the wrong way.
"fellas that were in the mood, don't just stand there let's get to it, strike a pose there's nothing to it, VOGUE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJQSAiODqI
Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 AM
YeyZee!

Originally Posted by woRthy
didnt do anything wrong
Oh GTMotherFO of this website.
Your stupid smiley faces show your true colors you absolute sh*tbag.
I hope the inmate you will one day get paired with gives you colon herpes.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:57 AM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U kno Wats crazy.. Back in November i was gonna buy this off this Guy n Wen he sent me pix i noticed some items missing.. Glad i didn't get burnt... i hope u do the right thing.... Sucks getting scammed.....
Old 02-26-2011, 01:02 PM
avb3

Originally Posted by YeyZee!
Oh GTMotherFO of this website.
Your stupid smiley faces show your true colors you absolute sh*tbag.
I hope the inmate you will one day get paired with gives you colon herpes.
He got teh ban now
Old 02-26-2011, 01:22 PM
erichsherrill

Old 02-26-2011, 05:46 PM
jmicaelk

20,000 posts and a ban I like it
Old 02-27-2011, 06:44 PM
litoflow

So here it is the email i received on Friday from The Boost Lab. I will post pictures once they send them to me as they rebuilt both turbos and replace the turbine wheel off the driver side turbo.

Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 1:40 PM
To: Manueldennis_2000@hotmail.com
Subject: Turbo Rebuild Breakdown/Description

Hello Manuel,

Per our discussion, a standard rebuild includes a complete balance, complete rebuild kit with new OEM thrust parts, seals, rings, and thorough parts cleaning. Your turbos will look like new when you receive them back from us. Along with the standard rebuild, the turbocharger with the damaged turbine wheel will be receiving a brand new OEM MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) turbine wheel. Please note we are taking pictures throughout the process and will have them to you early next week once the turbos are completed. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Regards,

Lebbet Riollano

Boost Lab, Inc.

www.theboostlab.com

8602 Temple Terrace Hwy, Ste. C-44

Tampa, FL 33637

813-443-0531

Still thinking the turbos were in Perfect condition Mike?? I dont think so
Old 02-27-2011, 07:01 PM
avb3

What's the estimated cost??

Quick Reply: FS: CT: GReddy 18g Twin Turbo Kit - $4200!