Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

thatv35guy’s PowerLab ProEFI Motor Build, Pic Intensive

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:29 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

it says 10" wide rim....wtf

if these fit i'd love to be on stock rims. I love the stock rims and the sleeper look plus my touges weigh a freaking ton.

thatv35guy, send me a pm and i can give you a list of the stuff i have left over from the stage 0 kit. I have the FPR and the return adapter and short line from the fuel rail. YOu will need a long return line adn the return correction (60$) from charles to complete it.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i've used them on my stock rims for almost 2 years now, driving to and from the strip. Dont have a ton of miles on them but alot of burnouts and they have a ton of life left.

just like my 275 street tires on the stock rims, they sit pretty flush.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:59 PM
binder

Originally Posted by str8dum1
i've used them on my stock rims for almost 2 years now, driving to and from the strip. Dont have a ton of miles on them but alot of burnouts and they have a ton of life left.

just like my 275 street tires on the stock rims, they sit pretty flush.
hmm, and you said you are hooking good. I hook like crap with my mickey's and they are huge.

I might have to look into them. That 275$ is per tire isn't it? How do they do on the street for normal driving?
Old 11-16-2011, 02:47 PM
str8dum1

I doubt they would help you jeff, the suggestion was towards the OP on stock rims on his power.

The way your trq must ramp in will be difficult for any tire to hook. Same reason XKR doesnt drive his car much. The big bump in trq in the OP's powerband on "high" boost will also make things trickier.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:04 PM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by thatv35guy
Yeah, it’s a huge relief; so much work went into getting this car back together and that all just makes a WOT pull on the highway feel that much better, lol… How’s your Z doing BTW?
Well, it actually dropped a cylinder. It started blowing a ton of smoke, I did a compression test and it wasn't pretty. Currently it is getting ready to have the motor pulled.

You are gonna have to take me for a ride next time I see you out.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:35 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Infiniti skyline lol. change all the badges or change none
Old 11-16-2011, 09:10 PM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I doubt they would help you jeff, the suggestion was towards the OP on stock rims on his power.
The way your trq must ramp in will be difficult for any tire to hook. Same reason XKR doesnt drive his car much. The big bump in trq in the OP's powerband on "high" boost will also make things trickier.
Thanks for the info str8dum1 & binder. I’m probably going to try and sort out my traction issues before I throw any more horsepower at the car… I’m looking into those M&H’s as well as BFG drag radial’s, I had BFG’s on my Integra and I think mrg1981 had the same on his built TT Z, if I can consistently pull off 1.8’s in the 60-ft. I’ll be happy.

Rich, so you’re hooking on the M&H’s, aren’t you making way more whp than my car?

Originally Posted by WTFMike
Well, it actually dropped a cylinder. It started blowing a ton of smoke, I did a compression test and it wasn't pretty. Currently it is getting ready to have the motor pulled.

You are gonna have to take me for a ride next time I see you out.
Oh man, that sucks! What’s the plan now? Building the motor? Turbo upgrade?

Definitely man, let me know when your heading out to the Pavilions.

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
Infiniti skyline lol. change all the badges or change none
I’ll go ahead and leave it the way it is.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Kcee91

The car is looking good bro! Anyway, I'll be coming back from Tucson next Wed, but I have a feeling we're both going to be busy that day because Thanksgiving on Thursday. Anyway, I'll shoot you a text on friday to see what you are up to. As for the Greddy Twins, that was a teaser of what I am going to get. I plan on buying everything in bits like the small things like spark plugs and stuff like that and then get the kit last once I get the other essential mods finalized. In addition, I plan on building a motor once more funds come in.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:45 AM
binder

dang it. I was so excited to possibly be switching back to my pretty stock rims!

maybe i'll just spend the money next year and get them widened so i can go back to them.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:42 AM
deanfootlong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to say that im hapy to see you kept the stock wheels. same thing I wanted to accomplish. I picked up a pair of OEM 19s and had them widened. with spacers they look awesome. got rid of my te37's for these btw. its a little different story living here in san diego, ca tho. appearing stock is a much better alternative than being profiled by the police. smog ref tickets are no fun. that, and the sleeper look is great. if you have the means to do so; widen the wheels and put a fat tire on there. or just buy a really sticky 255-275 tire on the stock wheels.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 411 Likes on 235 Posts

this thread burns a hole straight thru my heart in so many ways.

OP apparently made the June cut off point where silliness then ensued.

I feel 100% like the last kid picked for footbal teams right now.

Sniff sniff.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:27 PM
str8dum1

^huh?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:32 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 411 Likes on 235 Posts

my car is sitting directly to the right of the lift thats in all the pictures of this guys build.. were both local to the area.. but my car, well..has no engine.

But good news soon.. Pistons are in etc, almost ready to go etc...I will make my own thread of course haha.
its just very , um, wll...its emotionally ruff.. seeing a build go as smoothly as mine could have if i had just done it 2 weeks earlier.
Especially when the pictures are so similar to mine ..which is sitting empty ha.

Its like missing a weekend on a boat trip w your wife and all your friends, and then having to see the pictures of everyone who went, and some dudes got his arm around your wife in a few of them haha.

Last edited by bmccann101; 02-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Kcee91

Originally Posted by bmccann101
my car is sitting directly to the right of the lift thats in all the pictures of this guys build.. were both local to the area.. but my car, well..has no engine.

But good news soon.. Pistons are in etc, almost ready to go etc...I will make my own thread of course haha.
its just very , um, wll...its emotionally ruff.. seeing a build go as smoothly as mine could have if i had just done it 2 weeks earlier.
Especially when the pictures are so similar to mine ..which is sitting empty ha.

Its like missing a weekend on a boat trip w your wife and all your friends, and then having to see the pictures of everyone who went, and some dudes got his arm around your wife in a few of them haha.
, no joke bro! lol Atleast yours is coming together nicely. Can't wait!

@Fahad: Is your car still in the lean-condition?
Old 02-08-2012, 01:30 PM
thatv35guy

Well, my build had its fare share of obstacles… My motor “blew” back in February of 2011 at the drag strip; I pretty much immediately started planning the build shortly after that and didn’t change a thing, just kept it real simple and stayed on top of everything.

Unfortunately, I’m still battling some gremlins… I haven’t resolved the issue I posted in another thread here (the car’s running dangerously rich, AFR in the 9’s…); I *might have found the problem though, I think the ECU went bad… we swapped in the ECU from my brother’s base 2003 350Z and the AFR is up to the high 10’s… haven’t tried driving it yet though… the other issue now is I’m not able to pull any CEL’s from the 350Z ECU (I think the ProEFI bypassed the immobilizer and allowed us to start the car with a different ECU)…
Old 02-08-2012, 02:49 PM
str8dum1

the stock ECU? That doesnt have any effect on your fueling.... Are you expecting CEL's?
Old 02-08-2012, 05:43 PM
thatv35guy

the stock ECU? That doesnt have any effect on your fueling.... Are you expecting CEL's?
Yeah, I know with the ProEFI plugged in the factory ECU shouldn't impact the tune but it seems like it's stuck in limp mode or something... I should've got a misfire CEL with my original factory ECU (plug from cylinder #2 broke) and it showed another CEL aside from the 2 camshaft position sensor CEL's...
Old 02-08-2012, 05:45 PM
thatv35guy

*and it never showed another CEL aside from the 2 camshaft position sensor CEL's... I know the car misfired for sure.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
b20sedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by b20sedan; 02-09-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:49 PM
thatv35guy

Never mind, the ECU I swapped from my brother's 350Z is doing the same exact thing... FML! I have no idea what to do now!

Quick Reply: thatv35guy’s PowerLab ProEFI Motor Build, Pic Intensive