Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Help me Appraise my Twin charge Z as she goes up for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Zredman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like said b4, just depends area but 15-20k i think, things to consider
-how many miles, changes price
-receipts for parts, and install(i'd pay more if was from reputable f/i installer compared to a DIY job...big difference in the price)
-what mileage and date the car had when the performance parts came on.

the more information you have to offer the better.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Bret86944

You have seriously narrowed your market by heavily modifying your car. To 95% of people looking to buy a Z, you have significantly de-valued your car. Only that person looking for a car modified in the same way will see an increased value in your car vs an OEM car.

As a rule of thumb, modifying a car will cause it to be worth less.

Having said that, a website such as this where a vast majority of members modify their cars, this will probably be the best place to sell it. Clarence the retired 65 year old will see no value in a stillen front wind splitter, however Johnny teenager will love it, right before he crashes into a telephone pole.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:02 PM
dammitbryan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're in Afghan?? How is it over there? I deploy next year! Probably have to leave my Z with my parents though.. (ughh)
Old 08-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Zredman

Originally Posted by dammitbryan
You're in Afghan?? How is it over there? I deploy next year! Probably have to leave my Z with my parents though.. (ughh)
alot of us just sell if possible b4 going and just buy a newer one when u get back

although, personally if i sell and come back im getting c6

unless u just dont get what u want for it. not worth shortselling it. Or are in love with your personal z.***edited***

Last edited by Zredman; 08-31-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What a peculiar set-up.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:15 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Nitrouz's 420tt build was unique and quite over the top for it's time. IIRC asking price was around $60k and it did sell with all of his mods.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would part it out, will be easier to sell
Old 08-31-2012, 03:47 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Nitrouz's 420tt build was unique and quite over the top for it's time. IIRC asking price was around $60k and it did sell with all of his mods.
Yup! If your in no rush to sell stick at whatever asking price. Also how reliable is it? That the first question a buyer is going to ask.

Sadly it's a different time! However nice the build is people still gonna look at it as a Frankenstein and value it as such!

I agree with the low 20s

GLWS
Old 09-02-2012, 04:58 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure about car prices in Germany. Here in st louis your car books for about 11,300$ which is high because I see the higher models going for 10-11k. Yours is the base so around here they go about 8-9k. Add all your mods up and take 25% of that number and then that price is what you add on to your car value.

With an essentially stock car with added on turbo kit and supercharger I wouldn't pay 20k. You're looking mid teens to upper teens.

Modded cars have very low resale. I have roughly 60k into my car (not including the price of the car) and I would expect to get mid 20's out of it. If someone offered me 30k for it I would **** my pants. Thom on here had a mid 800hp built monster g35 in chicago and he only got 26k out of it.

You also have to realize that banks will only finance the blue book value. Some won't even go that high. Some will do around 80% of blue book. Even if they finance 100% blue book value then that would still leave the person another 9k to pay out of pocket up front if you wanted 20k for it. The kind of person who would buy an already built car won't typically have that kind of money. It will be a young person that will barely afford payments on it to begin with.

Financing is a huge reason why people part out to sell.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:43 PM
f150intally

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exactly what Binder said. That is why I am parting my performance parts out and putting the car back to stock. I will recoup about 75% of what I had in the car (including the price of the car). Within minutes of posting a teaser list on Facebook of the parts available almost all of them were spoken for. I made a post on a Wednesday and met in-person on that following weekend with the gauges, wheels, and bbk. The diff is already spoken for as is the OSIRIS tuner cable. the only thing I have left is the turbo kit, clutch, injectors and exhaust - only because I haven't advertised them. It is amazing how easy it is to part-out performance part. I have an interested party in the car and haven't even advertised it.

Good luck, but back to stock and part-out is the best route. (Hey, that rhymes).
Old 09-02-2012, 07:08 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Especially without a built motor I see no real added value over a stock Z. Unless you take up a low baller it's gonna sit, and sit, and sit.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:54 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can do any of the work yourself to return the car to stock, then the part-out is the more profitable option.

Another issue for you will be the fact that the twin charging, although cool, may be a tuning issue for the new owner.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Z33-

Originally Posted by SuperZ-onDPE's
im still in Afghanistan. with the Talibannn man man man
Ill dyno once i return,
Where are you located, I am near HQ ISAF... Would be interesting to meet with you to part out lol
Old 09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Yeah but he sold his at the height of the Z boom IMHO! Plus he had a cookie cutter TT setup. That along with his built motor and meticulously clean car also contributed to that sale.. I wonder if that car is still alive.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No more than $17K
Old 09-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

OP GL in the sand BTW!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 AM
TopgunZ

It also depends on what car you are looking to get into after this one. I had never been in a 370Z and wanted to, so i stopped in to nissan and started looking at them. They said they would let me test drive one if i could prove i had buying power. I showed them my twin-charged Z. They offered me $15k for it. I told them id find a private buyer and be back. They then offered me $24k for it.

If i had really been interested in a $30k + car that day I could have gotten $24k for mine. However, after test driving that stock 370 it felt like i had a large boat attached to the rear of it upon acceleration..lol.. Gotta love FI!!!

Good Luck with the sale Aaron!

PS... With the 440cc injectors, you will run out of fuel before you break 380 on this setup.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:44 AM
TopgunZ

Originally Posted by Calinismo350z
how much whp?? not that impressive for a turbo/ supercharge and GT35R engine .. I've seen better with only built engine and vortech supercharger.
Originally Posted by tylerxfire
or stock motor with a vortech...lulz..

Not true. This system has the potential to smoke any vortech setup. Problem is without a built engine you cant run it up. I have both my setups pushing the minimal amount of boost they can and i hit 410 torque and 430whp pretty easily. You have to upgrade almost everything on a vortech to hit those numbers.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:25 PM
ZJoe

Alex's car was unique in that respect in that it was a well documented magazine cover car with sponsored parts and tuning. Everyone knows that he babied his car as well and the amount of money poured into it made it a milestone in 350Z development. To this day that car is rarely driven at all save for the occasional sunny weekend or local car meet.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:51 AM
SuperZ-onDPE's
Banned

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ

Stay safe in Afghanistan, and thank you for your service.
THanks man, im trying to be as vigilant as possible and i look forward to coming back in a few months. spring of next year ill be in America. maybe savannah or, some place in Texas....